To those have the game already: Has anyone tried the realistic volume setting?

xplosivexplosive Opening Act
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
You know the one that makes the fans scream really loud like they did back in the day. I'm thinking about using this for my first run through story mode, but I had a few questions.

How loud is it exactly? Does it keep getting louder as the Beatles keep getting bigger or does it always stay the same volume throughout. It would be kind of dumb if they were screaming like at the rooptop performance or something.

Comments

• Sgt.PepperSgt.Pepper Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I hadn't heard of this feature, sounds very cool.
  • BLARGCOWBLARGCOW Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I also want to know how loud it is.
  • noobertnoobert Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    BLARGCOW;3014961 said:
    I also want to know how loud it is.
    ditto!
  • Explosion2Explosion2 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    name-stealer... ;)

I wonder if it's nearly impossible to hear the music? THAT would be realistic.
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Interesting feature, though I would never turn it on. Heck, I have the crowd volume (sound effects) turned all the way down in RB2. All I want to hear is the music that I am playing (and of course the loud banging of my sticks hitting the pads).
  • Explosion2Explosion2 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I love the crowd in RB2. I always feel sad when I'm at the point where the crowd isn't going nuts/singing along, but they're not booing. they're just quiet.
  • xplosivexplosive Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Explosion2;3014972 said:
    name-stealer... ;)

I wonder if it's nearly impossible to hear the music? THAT would be realistic.
    I dropped the E from my name so you know it's like way cooler than yours :)

I heard it is almost that loud and it's definitely not something I would want on all the time. For some reason I just want it on for that first run through the story though so I can get all pissed off and be sick of touring like the real Beatles because I can't hear myself play lol.
  • LikeMikeLikeMike Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I thought that would be very cool and turned it on... and quickly turned it off again. All it does is increase the crowd volume and decrease the band volume... in the end it is hard to hear the music and the singing, while it doesn`t really feel much more like a concert. I dunno what I expected, but I really also want to be able to hear the music that I´m playing...
  • justintimeROAjustintimeROA Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    LikeMike;3015129 said:
    I thought that would be very cool and turned it on... and quickly turned it off again. All it does is increase the crowd volume and decrease the band volume... in the end it is hard to hear the music and the singing, while it doesn`t really feel much more like a concert. I dunno what I expected, but I really also want to be able to hear the music that I´m playing...
    I'm sure The Beatles did too....

that's why it's realistic.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Alas, the Beatles did not have the "turn down the crowd noise" feature implemented in their shows. Though the "harmonies" feature was one of their favorites.
  • LikeMikeLikeMike Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I´m not saying it`s not realistic (although there is a difference between a real loud audience and just turning the volume up of a "normal" audience), I´m just saying it ain`t really as cool and fun as I thought.
  • xplosivexplosive Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Does anyone have an answer for this yet. In realistic mode does it stay the same volume for all live shows or does it change according to the chapter? It would be kind of stupid if there was loud screming for the rooftop performances.
    edited September 2009
    LikeMike;3015294 said:
    I´m not saying it`s not realistic (although there is a difference between a real loud audience and just turning the volume up of a "normal" audience), I´m just saying it ain`t really as cool and fun as I thought.
    What if you're starting with a real loud audience that's been turned down?
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    Funny. When I set mine to "Realistic" I got a knock on the door and there was Paul and Ringo asking if they could play.
  • ArothmanMusicArothmanMusic Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I bet when they were doing product testing, Paul or Ringo said "this isn't realistic at all... you can actually hear the music". So the dev guys said "we'll add that as an option!" :) My guess is they put it in there as a clever amusement for the flavor, but didn't expect many people to use it all the time.
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    guys I turned on Awesomeness Detection and Realistic Mode at the same time and there are currently a horde of teen girls outside my door (along with various teen guys standing around sullen)

what do I do
  • chrth_rbchrth_rb Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    wcarnation;3017307 said:

what do I do
    If you don't know, we're not going to be able to help you.

There should be another mode where you everything is really fuzzy on screen, to simulate John's experience since he didn't want to wear glasses
  • Shugo TakahashiShugo Takahashi Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    wcarnation;3017307 said:
    guys I turned on Awesomeness Detection and Realistic Mode at the same time and there are currently a horde of teen girls outside my door (along with various teen guys standing around sullen)

what do I do
    RUN.

It's been a haaaard daaaay's niiight...
  • vcalzonevcalzone Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    chrth_rb;3017327 said:
    If you don't know, we're not going to be able to help you.
    Your joke was better than the one I was thinking of.