How do I sing and play without setting up another player?

WooBarbWooBarb Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I heard you could associate a mic with a guitar.

Comments

• johnnyoijohnnyoi Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    If it's like rockband 2 you'd have to do band (career,quickplay, etc..) and then select vocals for player 1 and guitar for player two (who selects what doesn't matter though).
  • WooBarbWooBarb Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Ah, so you need to set up a fake player? You can't have player 1 be both guitar and vocals?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited September 2009
  • WooBarbWooBarb Unsigned
    edited September 2009
  • gdillygdilly Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I don't think that answer is correct. The Game Informer magazine with the Beatles on the cover clearly shows 6 people playing (3 singing, 1 guitar, 1 bass, and 1 druming). If you can't play an instrument and sing at the same time how is this possible?
  • rayrox222rayrox222 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    gdilly;3016340 said:
    I don't think that answer is correct. The Game Informer magazine with the Beatles on the cover clearly shows 6 people playing (3 singing, 1 guitar, 1 bass, and 1 druming). If you can't play an instrument and sing at the same time how is this possible?
    I believe the 3 singing counts as one player because the harmony lines are there, any singer can choose which pitch to hit, but only the melody line needs to be hit to not fail out of a song. Harmony lines if also hit give a bonus to score but if they are missed no matter how many times you won't fail out.
  • gdillygdilly Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Well now I just feel stupid because that makes perfect sense.

Only 6 more hours until I can play.
  • edited September 2009
    rayrox222;3016352 said:
    I believe the 3 singing counts as one player because the harmony lines are there, any singer can choose which pitch to hit, but only the melody line needs to be hit to not fail out of a song. Harmony lines if also hit give a bonus to score but if they are missed no matter how many times you won't fail out.
    I think this is right. All the singers combined count as one player whether you have 1 or 3.
  • rayrox222rayrox222 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    gdilly;3016357 said:
    Well now I just feel stupid because that makes perfect sense.

Only 6 more hours until I can play.
    hehe are you stuck at work too?
  • JuiceJiveJuiceJive Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    The instruments are each an individual player, and all 3 vocal parts fall under the 1 vocals player. The lead vocals set the difficulty for all the vocal parts, and the harmonies basically add points to your score. To answer your question, you cannot sing without setting up another "player" but all you need is a regular controller to use to select vocals difficulty for each song. It can be a guest rather than have a gamertag, but you wont get vocal achievements/trophies or anything.
  • gdillygdilly Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Yes. i was hoping my local Gamestop would have a midnight opening, but no luck. Not sure how useful I'm being at work right now with all this in my head.