Night Tripper (just finished the game)

Ragin_TaftRagin_Taft Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I can't believe I just did this, but I just played through the game (story and encore) in one session, with a little help from my friends. It's now 4:12 AM here. Am I exhausted? Yes. Do I feel a bit like an idiot? Yes.

Was it awesome? YES.

I have to say my favorite parts had to be the early dreamscapes. I caught myself losing track of the notes because I was so enamored by what was happening behind it.

The most interesting part of the night was when the cops came to my door during the rooftop concert. Added some authenticity. They laughed, saying they thought we were having a party. We then turned off our surround sound speakers and told the cops to have a splendid evening.

I can't process it all yet. But did anyone else do what I did (play it all in one sitting, that is)?

Comments

• RMThompsonRMThompson Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Ragin_Taft;3016013 said:
    I can't believe I just did this, but I just played through the game (story and encore) in one session, with a little help from my friends. It's now 4:12 AM here. Am I exhausted? Yes. Do I feel a bit like an idiot? Yes.

Was it awesome? YES.

I have to say my favorite parts had to be the early dreamscapes. I caught myself losing track of the notes because I was so enamored by what was happening behind it.

The most interesting part of the night was when the cops came to my door during the rooftop concert. Added some authenticity. They laughed, saying they thought we were having a party. We then turned off our surround sound speakers and told the cops to have a splendid evening.

I can't process it all yet. But did anyone else do what I did (play it all in one sitting, that is)?
    Yeah I did during my review... with 5 people no less. It was a blast! Now I am going back through and unlocking all the pictures!
  • SkeleshredderSkeleshredder Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I'm gonna play it in one sitting when I get it in a few hours. It was tough resisting the temptation to go pick it up at midnight at one of the Wal-Marts around here.
  • barbaraann72barbaraann72 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    did the same here.

i had to stop playing drums and switch to vocals because i wanted to see all the gorgeous animation.

had a great time!
  • SlivedCupWinnerSlivedCupWinner Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I rushed through every other rythm game...I want to take my time with this one. Just a few songs a day for me. ;)
  • elmo_jarkelmo_jark Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I rushed through easy, mainly for wanting to see how the Dreamscapes looked (hadn't had a peek beforehand). Bloody worth it.
  • sampansampan Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    yea i did, was wicked. plus you get an achievement for completing story mode in under 24 hours
  • JuiceJiveJuiceJive Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Done, in just under 4 hours, on drums with my cousin on lead vocals and a friend playing guitar with harmonies, all on hard. A lot of fun, and I agree completely with enjoying the early dreamscapes the best. We all broke down laughing and nearly failed at the end of "I Am the Walrus" singing "oompah oompah, stick it up your jumper", then almost died playing the outro to "I Want You".

Problem was, the only 5*'s we made were Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and While My Guitar Gently Weeps, so now I have to go back through and unlock the rest of the pictures.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    SlivedCupWinner;3016082 said:
    I rushed through every other rythm game...I want to take my time with this one. Just a few songs a day for me. ;)
    That's my plan, too....but I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to stop. I may not get any sleep tonight.
  • Sgt PipperSgt Pipper Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I played through the whole thing too. That wasn't the original plan, I just wanted to get to my favorite song, Hello Goodbye. After that, I did the "OK, just one more song" thing until I found myself playing the encore. Then I downloaded "All You Need is Love" and played that too.
  • TheObscureTheObscure Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Once I get it I'm going to finish through:

Drums
    Guitar
    Bass
    and maybe do vocals at the same time.
  • UltraAmoebaUltraAmoeba Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    JuiceJive;3016398 said:
    Problem was, the only 5*'s we made were Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and While My Guitar Gently Weeps, so now I have to go back through and unlock the rest of the pictures.
    Shouldn't be a problem, it's a wonderful story to replay ;)