Vocal Trainer: The best feature ever included in a music game

karaokefreakkaraokefreak Road Warrior
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Awesome. Hey HMX, its just awesome how you made that vocal trainer work. This is close to perfection, really! I just wished you could turn up the volume of the pitch reference, so you can hear harmonies that you don't know a little better, but man, I am stunned seeing how well it really works.

No kidding, everyone I know will be forced (by me) to practice a little with the vocal trainer, so we can sing beatles harmonies everywhere - not just in the game.

Having three part harmonies ingame is already a big step forward for the genre, but I think it's awesome that you really teach people how to do it... It is A BLAST!

It is easy to use, has the right options and you learn really really fast when using it a few times.

thx a lot for that!!!

Comments

• rayrox222rayrox222 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    good to hear :) I joke with one of my friends about how she'd love to sing harmony in rock band 2, beatles rock band is finally a chance for singing harmony, BUT someone has to sing the melody or you fail songs since harmony is just for bonus points (I wish that were not the case).

Anyhow, we'll be able to both sing in this game BUT I need to friggin learn how to because I've always had trouble hitting pitches in the other rock band games. I'm hoping the vocal trainer will teach me a thing or two somehow but I may be a lost cause :P
  • karaokefreakkaraokefreak Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    rayrox222;3016370 said:
    I'm hoping the vocal trainer will teach me a thing or two somehow but I may be a lost cause :P
    Trust me, you will learn a lot, if you spend a little time with it. Just don't expect to succeed with the first try. However, I can sing the harmonys of Lucy in the sky now - flawlessly , after about 4 to 5 runs.
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Haven't got the game yet, sadly - can you hear every vocal track seperately?

If yes, this is indeed the best game ever. Can't wait until Because DLC!! Best harmonies ever.
  • RMThompsonRMThompson Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    It had said there were a BUNCH of vocal trainers, but I only found the harmony one that has the "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" trainer. Am I missing something?
    edited September 2009
    hehe, what you found is the vocal tutorial. That one just shows you how the singing works in the game.
    Go to practice mode. There you can practice all songs with all harmonies. By pressing the shoulder buttons you can decide which harmony part you want to practice, and you can turn the pitch reference on / off

And yes Yaniv297, you can get help for every single voice in harmony - in every song
  • RMThompsonRMThompson Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    OH SNAP! That's AWESOME and I didn't even know about it when I did my review.

Oops! :)
  • GryffindorGryffindor Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Does it break songs down into sections like practice mode does for other instruments? Or, do you have to play the entire song like in previous RB's?
    edited September 2009
    yes you can select parts of a song you want to practice.. like verse 1 chorus 1 verse 2 and so on.
  • GryffindorGryffindor Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    karaokefreak;3016766 said:
    yes you can select parts of a song you want to practice.. like verse 1 chorus 1 verse 2 and so on.
    Finally!!! Thank you!
    edited September 2009
    And there goes another! Now I can sing "if I needed Someone" harmonies... One of my favorite vocal songs on the disc.
    I'm about to cry because of happiness, no kidding! This feature is pure awesomeness.

Edit / Update:
    I'm singing it with my girlfriend, and although she thinks she can't sing (but she can, I know!) she managed after like 7 or 8 runs to hit the 2nd harmony - and distinguish it from what I sing - Next rock Band Party is gonna rock big time! I wanna see the faces of our normal everyday customers when we sing 3 part harmonies with friends...