Shipping delays - No games available

SEANTOURAGESEANTOURAGE Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Just wanted to vent some frustration. I went to Walmart this morning at 8am to buy the Beatles RB, but I was told that they did not receive their shipment. They only had the deluxe edition available.

So then I waited outside Best Buy until 10am and found out that they did not have any copies either. So I went to Future Shop, Zellers and Toys R Us... same problem.

I live in Quebec, just north of Laval. Apparently no stores in the area have received the game. With the amount of lineups I went through, I am fairly certain that once the copies are shipped, they will be snatched up before I have a chance to get one. With all the hype and publicity I was exposed to, it felt like I was counting down the days until the release. Unfortunately, this has left me with little to no desire to add this title to my collection.

Hopefully this post will give people in my area a heads up so they don't have to go through what I just did,

Comments

• Dartagnan64Dartagnan64 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    What are you? 12?

A delay in a game suddenly lessens your desire for it. Is getting a game day 1 of its release so damn important to you?

My god some people act like spoiled children.

I have a Beatles RB party scheduled for this weekend and will be upset if it doesn't arrive. But not getting it day 1 isn't going to make me rant.
  • InsaneDelightInsaneDelight Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Was there no pre-order or online available in Canada?
  • SEANTOURAGESEANTOURAGE Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Funny how you only focus on one line in my statement...Waiting in lines and running around in early morning traffic for the game take lots of the fun out of it. Especially when others are expecting you to return with it. 90% of the fun is buying the game on it's release day... My local video store will have copies to rent tonight... I'll check it out, but after a couple of days playing, I will not have the same desire to go out and buy it.
  • SIGEP99SIGEP99 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    If it was so important to get it RIGHT AWAY - why didn't you preorder it??!?!
  • SEANTOURAGESEANTOURAGE Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    SIGEP99;3017142 said:
    If it was so important to get it RIGHT AWAY - why didn't you preorder it??!?!
    Nothing was delivered in my region except for the deluxe bundle**. (I am a little curious about that as well). I have never needed to pre-order a game. I usually just show up at the store a little early and pick one off the rack. I am also hearing that people who did pre-order are having delay issues as well.

**Edit: The package that sells for $150 with the RB1 instruments.
  • StilgarStilgar Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I went into the Future Shop on Ogilvie here in Ottawa during my lunch hour to get RB:Beatles for Xbox360 and none were in stock. Checking the computer, the SA confirmed that not a single Future Shop in the entire Eastern Sector of Ontario which spans from just beyond Belleville to here received a single copy of the game, or any of the Stand-alone Guitar Peripherals. I then went to Best Buy and they had a sign posted to the door that they too had not received their shipments. Wal-Mart had only the Value Packs ($150 for the game and non-branded equipment). I finally found a copy at EB Games in the Ottawa Trainyards, but still no stand-alone wireless controller - which I will add again Eastern Ontario has not seen a single one since before Christmas last year.

The Beatles have been called the biggest thing since Jesus Christ, but leave it to The Man to screw-up their biggest comeback in history.
  • JDtheprezOdentJDtheprezOdent Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    My copy didn't arrive today due to postal strikes - no guarantee I'll get it tomorrow either. Selfish postmen; they want more money so they have to make everyone else suffer!
  • pata70pata70 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Best Buy gave me a rain check coupon for $10 less, so it's going to be $49.99 when it comes in... if I can wait! They said it would arrive in a couple of days or early next week.

Future Shop offered nothing and claimed they would have it tomorrow.
  • PureRockFuryPureRockFury Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    SEANTOURAGE;3017121 said:
    90% of the fun is buying the game on it's release day...
    Actually I think 100% of the fun is playing the game, yeah?
  • PezzersPezzers Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    It seems like Canada got screwed, I went to Best Buy and Future Shop first thing this morning and they didn't even have anything to fill their preorders with. Future Shop had some value bundles but that was it. The girl told me no stores in the GTA got it.

But HMV seems to have received it, alas there are none close to me, and I don't have a car :(

I also have a TB:RB party scheduled this weekend and if I don't get it I'm going to be so disappointed ;_;
  • TheLovelyNoiseTheLovelyNoise Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    i walked into eb games at lunch here in Niagara and picked up a copy, they had tons of copies and bundles for all the systems.
  • LeShrimpLeShrimp Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    OP, can I introduce you to an amazing piece of technology mankind has stumbled upon in recent history?

It's called the Telephone.
  • oRabbitoRabbit Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    SEANTOURAGE;3017121 said:
    90% of the fun is buying the game on it's release day...
    You must be the biggest poser/follower on the boards. 100% of the game is playing the game...the BEATLES GAME....not getting on board with the hype of obtaining the game everyone is talking about on release day. In a week when you and your friends are playing, you're not going to give a crap about what day you picked it up (well, maybe you will because you'll only be having 10% of the fun you could be having).

I'd be ticked as all heck if the game was delayed for an additional month, but I'd still buy it as soon as the opportunity comes up. And what, you went to like 5 stores...w'aaah...why not stop by an actual GAME store and not a big box store. Hell...why not PREORDER it if it's 90% of the fun to ensure getting it on release day?
  • blockbstoneblockbstone Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I'm from the south shore of Montreal. I went to EB games in Brossard in Quartier Dix-30, they seemed to have a lot of copy for every system.
  • IMac007IMac007 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Best Buy here in Greater Vancouver didn't get their total order either. But I managed to find one. You would think these companies would learn to ship this stuff a littler earlier than the day before.
  • IMac007IMac007 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    "why not stop by an actual GAME store and not a big box store. Hell...why not PREORDER it if it's 90% of the fun to ensure getting it on release day? "

-My ACTUAL game store was sold out of preorders ..... and besides they don't take my BB card (lol).....
  • oRabbitoRabbit Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    IMac007;3017819 said:
    "
    -My ACTUAL game store was sold out of preorders ..... and besides they don't take my BB card (lol).....
    LOL @ BB Card...

Maybe you should've thought twice before you decided to live in Canada..... ;)
  • CintaiCintai Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    At least in Canada if we get sick from looking for The Beatles it won't cost us anything to access our health care system :)
  • SIxxAmSIxxAm Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Same story in GTA for me. My local FS and BestBuy didn't have single disc copies for Wii, or guitars. Both claim shipping snafus.
    The very small HMV in the same block had theirs, so my $59.95 was spent with them.

My experience with pre-orders with FS and BB is it always arrives 1-2 weeks after release date.

I think I will support HMV from now on.
  • blkninja1961blkninja1961 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    BB - BOO!!
    LOL - I'm in the same boat as IMac007. $200 in BB GC's goes a long way towards the LE bundle. As a huge Beatles fan, this is killing me!!!! It wouldn't be so bad if they actually had some info re:delivery.