Best Buy and Future Shop don't even HAVE it!

PezzersPezzers Opening Act
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
So I go to Best Buy for store opening, and they had one copy of the special edition bundle for Xbox in stock. That was all they got. No games by themselves, no value bundles, no Rickenbacker or Gretsch. Everyone got rain checks, which means $10 off, but still, WTF??? I took a sick day so I could rock out all day :(

I then walked to Future Shop which was about a 10 minute walk from there, and the girl informed me all they got were Value bundles, and no stores in the Toronto area got anything else but the value bundle. Again, WTF?

Anyone else having trouble/grumpy?

Comments

• MoireadMoiread Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Are you really that surprised, especially after what happened with RB1 in Canada? I started anticipating this after I read about everyone running out of pre-orders.
  • grubextrapolategrubextrapolate Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    yeah, i went into best buy promptly at 10am to pick up a copy, and no dice. fortunately, since i didn't pre-order i just walked downstairs to HMV and grabbed one of the many copies they had there.

edit: this was at markville mall in markham, ON for any locals looking for a copy.
  • BarnesyJr48BarnesyJr48 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Well, its not as bad over here in England, though I managed to get the game only for 360, they didnt have any of the Gretsch or Rickenbacker controllers in either the two big game retailers on the high street.
    Which makes me wonder, if you make a big PR thing about bringing out all these different ways for customers to access the Beatles: Rock Band experience, surely its a good idea to acutally have the product available to sell in the first place?
    I'm sure its not HMX's fault on this one, its probably the middlemen between the manufacturers and the retailers, but its clear someone's dropped the ball somewhere down the line, on both sides of the pond...
  • PezzersPezzers Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    They didn't even have stock to fill preorders, Moiread. They got nothing at all. They had a big full page ad in the flyer boasting the game and all the accessories, only to not have a single thing on the day of release? If I had placed a preorder I'd be pissed @_@
  • Northern_BlitzNorthern_Blitz Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I originally pre-ordered with Futureshop. I was hoping to get the game last night or today. The order status moved from "Pre-Order" to "Out of Stock" this morning. It wasn't even shipped yet, and they didn't have any stock on hand or in store.

So, I cancelled my order and drove to the closest Walmart, where the shelves were stocked with glorious Beatle goodness.

I don't think I'll be pre-ordering from FS again.
  • MoireadMoiread Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    And again, I say I'm not surprised. The exact same thing happened with the first release.

I remember there was even a brand new store opening in southern Ontario and they received a skid of bundles for RB1 as part of the opening stock which they were then instructed to ship back to the states.
  • BayouBengal032BayouBengal032 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    You should specify you live in Canada in the title. I work at Best Buy down in Louisiana and we have so many of the real bundles and those "special value" bundles along with both guitars for each system and boxes of games.

I feel bad for the merch team that has to get the rest of those heavy ass boxes down today that we didn't get last night for our midnight release.
  • NeogogluNeogoglu Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    With my RB1 and RB2 experience in Quebec,
    i learned something good in the past months,
    so that's why i pre-ordered my copy at my
    local GameStop, and they called me yesterday
    and my copy is waiting, i leave the job in 15 minutes.

Guess what i'm doing this afternoon ...:cool:
  • HashshashinHashshashin Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    BarnesyJr48;3016861 said:
    Well, its not as bad over here in England, though I managed to get the game only for 360, they didnt have any of the Gretsch or Rickenbacker controllers in either the two big game retailers on the high street.
    Which makes me wonder, if you make a big PR thing about bringing out all these different ways for customers to access the Beatles: Rock Band experience, surely its a good idea to acutally have the product available to sell in the first place?
    I'm sure its not HMX's fault on this one, its probably the middlemen between the manufacturers and the retailers, but its clear someone's dropped the ball somewhere down the line, on both sides of the pond...
    I live in essex, and you cannot miss the game or the albums. However, alot of Asda (walmart) and Tesco stores will only stock the instruments (in huge quantity I may add) in their bigger stores. Both HMV's in the area I visited today had a large stock of bundles, which I will say is very well packaged compared to rb1 and ghwt.

They also had tonnes of copies of the game, a demo running with a hmv store clerk playing with customers on the fantastic hoffner and a pair of value drums and guitar. I got the expected 'how long have you played this for' when I 100%'d both solos and missed one note on a song i sight read. (I laughed to myself when it said 2 achievements unlocked for 40G xD). My only worry is there weren't many of the individual guitars, I took the last gretsch in the store in fact.

Amazing game, so much fun and a joy on the eyes and ears, I actually got goosebumps when I first loaded up 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand'.
  • reycrireycri Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Try HMV or The Source, and yeah, Walmart.
    Got mine from The Source yesterday (Tue, 9/8/2009). I asked if they got it in stock and they said, "Yeah, they came in this morning, but we can't sell it till tomorrow".
    So I said, "but it's Tuesday... aren't games released on Tuesdays?".
    And he said, "Oh yeah..." then he went back and got me a 360 version. :)
  • ParkaPalFredParkaPalFred Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Heck, I pre-ordered from Best Buy and Future Shop (Bundle and Guitar respectively), and have heard jack squat from either of them. Doesn't help that the pre-order on their website only allowed you to pick shipping rather than pickup.

In other words, Western Canada (vancouver region) is apparently screwed over too.
  • Nitz13Nitz13 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    ParkaPalFred;3017372 said:
    Heck, I pre-ordered from Best Buy and Future Shop (Bundle and Guitar respectively), and have heard jack squat from either of them. Doesn't help that the pre-order on their website only allowed you to pick shipping rather than pickup.

In other words, Western Canada (vancouver region) is apparently screwed over too.
    Nope, I walked into EB Games at Metrotown and walked out with a standalone copy. They had a bunch of bundles too. Futureshop had diddly squat though and I didn't even bother trying Best Buy.
    edited September 2009
    Nitz13;3017407 said:
    Nope, I walked into EB Games at Metrotown and walked out with a standalone copy. They had a bunch of bundles too. Futureshop had diddly squat though and I didn't even bother trying Best Buy.
    I was more referring to Western Canada Future Shops and Best Buys.

And I'd gladly go pick up a bundle and hopefully guitar elsewhere, save the fact that I'm using about $150 worth of Best Buy/Future Shop gift cards to help pay for it all.
  • Jordan10laJordan10la Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I'm in Canada. Luckily I pre-ordered, I got the call that it was in at lunch and I'll be picking it up later today. :D
    edited September 2009
    Jordan10la;3017461 said:
    I'm in Canada. Luckily I pre-ordered, I got the call that it was in at lunch and I'll be picking it up later today. :D
    Who did you pre-order from?

By the time I realized my EB order had accidentally been taken as the Standalone game and not the bundle, they weren't taking any more bundle orders. =(
  • Jordan10laJordan10la Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    ParkaPalFred;3017513 said:
    Who did you pre-order from?

By the time I realized my EB order had accidentally been taken as the Standalone game and not the bundle, they weren't taking any more bundle orders. =(
    EB games, I hope they know I only want the game. As much as I'd love the bundle it's just too much money and I already have myRB2 instruments..
  • tuphattuphat Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I picked up RB:TB game today at EBGames (in Canada). They didn't have any sets but did have the game disk only. I didn't even pre-order. If you live in Canada and are looking for the game, check EBGames.
  • tinglytingly Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I've been waiting all day for someone at Best Buy to put a copy in back so I can do an in-store pickup. It was supposed to be taken care of before 11am. So much for trying to avoid lines. :)
  • Leafs4Life84Leafs4Life84 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Got it at EB here in Hamilton. Great game. I can't believe a big place like Best Buy didn't have it. Thats BS! Hopefully everyone who couldn't get it has it soon.
  • CintaiCintai Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Hey Leafs4Life84

I Live in Hamilton as well and about to go and find a copy, glad to see its available somewhere, had a feeling EB would have it, but glad to know. Thanks

PS.. Leafs Suck. :)
  • CantStopTheHoppCantStopTheHopp Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    BayouBengal032;3016964 said:
    You should specify you live in Canada in the title. I work at Best Buy down in Louisiana and we have so many of the real bundles and those "special value" bundles along with both guitars for each system and boxes of games.

I feel bad for the merch team that has to get the rest of those heavy ass boxes down today that we didn't get last night for our midnight release.
    Yeah, a mod should put Canada in the title because I saw this thread and almost lost it. I buy most of my electronics from Best Buy (Reward Zone points are nice), so I would have been disappointed if I had to go to WalMart later today to pick up my copy of TB:RB...can't wait to get off work. :cool:
    edited September 2009
    Went and got the limited bundle and gretsch at a nice little EB Games, cancelled my Future Shop and Best Buy orders.

I'm still baffled as to how the little stores have plenty of stock and the big boxes like Best Buy and WalMart are so lacking.
  • KrystofKrystof Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    ParkaPalFred;3018163 said:
    Went and got the limited bundle and gretsch at a nice little EB Games, cancelled my Future Shop and Best Buy orders.

I'm still baffled as to how the little stores have plenty of stock and the big boxes like Best Buy and WalMart are so lacking.
    Talked to Futureshop today, apparently there was a mishap with the warehouse that shipped the orders. I'm in newfoundland, and they expect them in tonight or tomorrow.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    After finishing my U of T classes for the day I went down to the Best Buy to get it but they didn't have it as the truck hadn't arrived yet. I then went to the Future Shop and they were sold out of the stand alone disks. So I went to the HMV right next to it and they had it so I got it there, but still, the 2 biggest electronics stores in the downtown core didn't have the stand alone disks in stock.

Best Buy did say that the truck should be getting there latter this afternoon, for anyone interested.
  • Baanu_RassBaanu_Rass Headliner
    edited September 2009
    RB2 was one of the few games I have ever found on release date where I live. Games typically won't show up here until Friday. This goes for pretty much any media too. Only consistent things are comics. I guess I'll go take a look for this just to verify.
  • TkDiamonDTkDiamonD Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    yeah this happened to me today too, i just went to EB :)
  • OrgasmicOrangeOrgasmicOrange Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    In Canada I checked at Future Shop and from I understand they told me that there was a shipping problem that was originated by EA. They told me that they received a late email from EA saying that they would guarantee that some special edition bundles & single games discs would come come in later today by courier, due to the shipping issue - not sure why they already didn't have the product last week & sat on it til release date. Not sure why EA screwed Best Buy & Future Shop over, as everyone else seems to have product. The FS I visited had the game running on a big tv at the entrance, with all the instruments for you to play (it was the value pack they opened). They only had value packs which includes the original RB guitar, drums & mic with the Beatles game. I'm gonna try them again to see if they have any copies as I have a gift card I want to use to buy the game.
  • ApplemanAppleman Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Same with me, walked to EB, got a bundle with no pre-order they didnt have the PS3 guitars though
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    This game is flying off shelves faster than ladies tops in mardi gra
  • Baanu_RassBaanu_Rass Headliner
    edited September 2009
    I can safely say that Southern Alberta has some. No clue how many/which stores but my Futureshop had some on the shelf along some value packs. No clue on separate instruments though. Congrats EA, your 2/3 for RB with me.