Warning: Check Your Beatles Bundle

xXNinJaxXNinJa Rising Star
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Just a quick post, letting people know to always check the bundles to make sure yours actually have The Beatles instruments inside of them. I was buying one today at Walmart, and I noticed they had Beatles bundles there for $150, I knew there was a catch, and lo and behold, it was The Beatles game, and Rock Band 1 instruments.

So, just so anyone doesn't get disappointed, always check your bundle to make sure its all Beatles.

Thanks for reading. :)

Comments

• Cpt. OverkillCpt. Overkill (Briefly) Touched by a Banhammer
    edited September 2009
    xXNinJa;3016931 said:
    Just a quick post, letting people know to always check the bundles to make sure yours actually have The Beatles instruments inside of them. I was buying one today at Walmart, and I noticed they had Beatles bundles there for $150, I knew there was a catch, and lo and behold, it was The Beatles game, and Rock Band 1 instruments.

So, just so anyone doesn't get disappointed, always check your bundle to make sure its all Beatles.

Thanks for reading. :)
    It's labeled differently, so most people should be fine. This has been mentioned a few times already, but I'm sure the people that didn't know will be thankful for the heads up.
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    TBRB: Premium Bundle = Beatles Instruments

TBRB: Special Value Edition = RB1 instruments

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/03/psa-beatles-rock-band-special-value-edition-isnt-such-a-spe/

make sure you get the right bundle. sounds like you paid for Premium $250 but got Special Value?
  • BayouBengal032BayouBengal032 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    murph;3016975 said:

sounds like you paid for Premium $250 but got Special Value?
    No if sounds like the OP tried to cheap out and got exactly what they paid for. The boxes are clearly labeled on the back of what's inside.
  • Shugo TakahashiShugo Takahashi Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    BayouBengal032;3017094 said:
    No if sounds like the OP tried to cheap out and got exactly what they paid for. The boxes are clearly labeled on the back of what's inside.
    Well, people complained about the lack of a sunburst Strat inside RB2 bundles and those bundles had pictures on the back of the non-sunburst Strat.

People don't look at the back. They see a big box and they buy it.
  • xXNinJaxXNinJa Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Actually, I bought the stand alone game.

I don't appreciate being called a "cheap out". If you read the post, I checked the box out before I picked it up, and when I saw it had the RB instruments, I just bought the standalone game, since I have a working guitar and IONs, thank you very much.
  • MTS badillinMTS badillin Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I live in Mexico and that is common here.

Except they dont drop the prices, and they actually place a sticker where it says WIRELESS (usually for something that says NEW!!!), and hope you open the Game before you notice (so you wont be able to return it), true story, happened to me when i bought GH3 and came with a wired GH2 controller.
  • geo2n2geo2n2 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Gotta say, "value priced" or not, I think it's pretty lame they're trying to unload RB1 instruments on customers. Those should all have been landfilled with those E.T. cartridges.

Not bashing RB2 instruments in general. I love the RB2 ones.

I feel bad for Europe. They havent't gotten RB2 instruments yet :/
  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited September 2009
    Shugo Takahashi;3017259 said:
    Well, people complained about the lack of a sunburst Strat inside RB2 bundles and those bundles had pictures on the back of the non-sunburst Strat.

People don't look at the back. They see a big box and they buy it.
    Exactly, anyone who buys something blindly deserves what they get. I remember the big thread of outraged people because they neglected to read the box before they ran to the register.