I Feel Fine gold stars

MaxRenn82MaxRenn82 Opening Act
edited September 2012 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Why is it so friggin' hard to get the gold stars on this particular song. I tried bass expert and FC'd it, no gold. I sang AND played bass, FC on both, no gold. I saw a video on youtube of someone singing and playing guitar, FC, no gold. WTF!?! Just needed to vent.

What score do you have to get to get gold stars on this one. It's the last one I need for the last "gamer pic" achievement.

Comments

  • Jajuka2099Jajuka2099 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I've also done this multiple times with 100% and have tried using Beatlemania at various points. My high score is 36,605 and still no gold stars. I think the best bet is to use Beatlemania where the hammer-offs are, as it's the only time in the song where you're getting more notes than usual. I'm never going to be able to get this on any other instrument, so any help with a necessary score would be awesome.
  • Mister_HerrimanMister_Herriman Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    If it helps, my score on X guitar is 77,109 which was an FC, so you'll know if you are close. Unfortunately, I don't remember my path, but recall using my BM whenever the 3 note chords came up.

    Also we need a better abbreviation for Beatlemania.
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Mister_Herriman;3022294 said:
    If it helps, my score on X guitar is 77,109 which was an FC, so you'll know if you are close. Unfortunately, I don't remember my path, but recall using my BM whenever the 3 note chords came up.

    Also we need a better abbreviation for Beatlemania.
    We can either OD or have BM
  • Cap'n CullenCap'n Cullen Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Mister_Herriman;3022294 said:
    If it helps, my score on X guitar is 77,109 which was an FC, so you'll know if you are close. Unfortunately, I don't remember my path, but recall using my BM whenever the 3 note chords came up.

    Also we need a better abbreviation for Beatlemania.
    BM.
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Back to the topic at hand, this one is very tricky to FC. It is one of those "YOU HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING PERFECT" ones like Something In The Way in RB2.

    My guess right now I haven't tried yet, is build two phrases + whammy, then use around the time "Diamond Rings" is said in the lyrics, do that twice.
  • edited September 2009
    I don't see the bass part being gold starred by a mortal any time soon. The top score on Score Hero isn't a GS for bass yet. I'm about 400 points off of the highest score on XBL as of last night (~38,400 for me ~38,800 for the leader) and I don't see much room for improvement.

    Fortunately, the guitar part seems to be achievable without a FC, with the cutoff somewhere between 74,282 and 75,745. I got to ~74,000 with at least one mistake in my run, maybe two. I'll report back tonight if I make any progress.
  • psivennpsivenn Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    We can either OD or have BM
    Sticking with SP is still a safe bet in my book.
  • blockable_laserblockable_laser Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I got 38,543 on bass, no gold stars. Seems like you gotta just use beatlemania at the perfect spots.

    Edit: 38,669 and still no gold stars. This song is killing me
  • noobertnoobert Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    nobody feels fine when trying to gold star this song...lol ya i know i suck
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I get so close, but then I screw up on the hammer-ons or something.
  • Sgt PipperSgt Pipper Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I think I Feel Fine bass GS is impossible. I FC'd it multiple times tonight using BM at seemingly the best times and no GS. I did the same for I Me Mine. Has anyone gotten GS on bass for that one?
  • edited September 2009
    Aye up beatlemaniacs. Quick question; I'm new to rb and these forums.... What does FC stand for? I understand what it means, just not what it stands for....

    Thanks! PMB
  • CycoMiko138CycoMiko138 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Paul_McCartneys_beard;3032249 said:
    Aye up beatlemaniacs. Quick question; I'm new to rb and these forums.... What does FC stand for? I understand what it means, just not what it stands for....

    Thanks! PMB
    FC = Full Combo :D
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    The highest score for I Feel Fine on Bass is 38,830 and no Gold.

    By looking at the breaking between 4 stars and 5, it seems Gold is in the 45,000 region.

    I have no idea how you'd get that right now

    I have another BM guess and that's to save the first two, activate it before the next two so they lead together and string a bunch of notes along, yet I dunno.
  • The_OreoThe_Oreo Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    OHMYGAWD. Just got 76,156 on I Feel Fine. Gold Stars never looked so good, and I'm happy to wear my Lennon gamerpic in pride.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I had a similar problem with I Me Mine. Couldn't FC it on guitar, so I tried bass. Couldn't GS for the life of me. Got a friend, who sang. We both FCed but no GS. We then came across a pretty good drummer and I finally GSed it.
  • thequadsqueenthequadsqueen Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Just got 78,428 on I Feel Fine on guitar. FC'd and got gold stars. I use overdrive every time the bar filled halfway.
  • NastazgeezerNastazgeezer Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Ok.. I just played this song in band quickplay with a friend, expert guitar + bass. We both FC'ed the song AND used the best Beatlemania path we could think of (when there were lots of notes and no pauses for either instrument), neither of us had any BM juice left by the end of the song too. Scored about 158k and yup.. still no gold stars.

    Harmonix, the gold star cutoff for this song NEEDS to be patched.. please.

    It wouldn't be so bad if the song wasn't tied into an achievement, but it is. If it goes unpatched, it's like when you play a game that has a glitched achievement and no matter what you do you can't get it - usually the devs will resolve such issues with a patch, so I ask that harmonix please do the same.

    Thank you.
  • IThund3rSt0rMIIThund3rSt0rMI Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Nastazgeezer;3032963 said:
    Ok.. I just played this song in band quickplay with a friend, expert guitar + bass. We both FC'ed the song AND used the best Beatlemania path we could think of (when there were lots of notes and no pauses for either instrument), neither of us had any BM juice left by the end of the song too. Scored about 158k and yup.. still no gold stars.

    [b]Harmonix, the gold star cutoff for this song NEEDS to be patched.. please.[/B]

    It wouldn't be so bad if the song wasn't tied into an achievement, but it is. If it goes unpatched, it's like when you play a game that has a glitched achievement and no matter what you do you can't get it - usually the devs will resolve such issues with a patch, so I ask that harmonix please do the same.

    Thank you.
    This. I think it's impossible for us to do it as we were. You're going to have to try and FC it on guitar with the path I was using
  • GraphicMangGraphicMang Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Does anyone know what a full band GS would be?
    Or a 2 player Bass-Guitar combo?
  • BrianIsLiveBrianIsLive Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Okay on Xpert Guitar I Just Got an FC Worth 77,375 Points. Gold Star Cutoff Is Right About 75,000. What I Did Was Save All My BM (OD/SP) and About 5 or 6 Seconds after the Fourth BM (OD/SP), I Activated It.
  • dark_quotadark_quota Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    BrianIsLive;3036552 said:
    Okay on Xpert Guitar I Just Got an FC Worth 77,375 Points. Gold Star Cutoff Is Right About 75,000. What I Did Was Save All My BM (OD/SP) and About 5 or 6 Seconds after the Fourth BM (OD/SP), I Activated It.
    I'm going to try that. This song and I Me Mine are the ones I'm having trouble with lol. I actually like the challenge though.
  • The_OreoThe_Oreo Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    My OD path was using the first half bar as soon as the solo starts, then using a three quarter bar as soon as I got it (since there's only 5 Beatlemania sections in the song).

    Anyone able to confirm that Bass is still un-Gold Starable?
  • ISlipperyIISlipperyI Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I got 100% on drums with one overhit near the end and no gold stars. So its not just bass that has it hard on this song :(.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    DookieMan;3032569 said:
    I had a similar problem with I Me Mine. Couldn't FC it on guitar, so I tried bass. Couldn't GS for the life of me. Got a friend, who sang. We both FCed but no GS. We then came across a pretty good drummer and I finally GSed it.
    If you have a vocalist that can FC this, then drop the bass and just do it solo vocals. It's ridiculously easy to GS this song on solo vocals if you can FC it. And even easier if you have 1 or 2 other singers to do the harmonies.
  • MasemMasem Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Just to add another thing that doesn't work:

    While in the challenge sets, you can carry over your current multiplier and BM meter, completions in these challenges don't count towards achievements. I was about to gold star "I Feel Fine" going in with 6x and 1/2 a BM meter on bass, hitting gold about 10 notes from the end. But - no county towards that one GS achievemtn.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    Masem;3046200 said:
    Just to add another thing that doesn't work:

    While in the challenge sets, you can carry over your current multiplier and BM meter, completions in these challenges don't count towards achievements. I was about to gold star "I Feel Fine" going in with 6x and 1/2 a BM meter on bass, hitting gold about 10 notes from the end. But - no county towards that one GS achievemtn.
    Right, that's clearly an intentional game design decision. They don't count toward the GS achievements BECAUSE you carry over BM and multiplier from song to song.
  • RelevantTruthRelevantTruth Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Its hard. The best I've done on bass was 38,330 and still no Gold stars. The path on this song for bass seams like a no brainer but its driving me nuts.
  • RelevantTruthRelevantTruth Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    The_Oreo;3036661 said:
    My OD path was using the first half bar as soon as the solo starts, then using a three quarter bar as soon as I got it (since there's only 5 Beatlemania sections in the song).

    Anyone able to confirm that Bass is still un-Gold Starable?
    38,352 was the best I could do and still nothing. I dont think you can get it on bass. Someone got 39,147 for top score on 360 so dont know how they got that would love to but good luck getting the path from them. My path was 2/2 i squeeeeeeeeeeeezed as much as I could on the sustains to get the most out. 1st use was on the first O second was next note. Hope that helps if some else comes up with something better let me know.
  • adorazadoraz Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    heh I was just about to post a topic about this.

    HMX needs to include this in the first patch.
Sign In or Register to comment.