Well this sucks

snake289snake289 Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
My copy of TB:RB didn't come today because the people at the Royal Mail dicided to go on a Postal strike meaning that my copy didn't come in time for launch :mad:

But anyways does the game live up to the hype?

Comments

• JordashebasicsJordashebasics Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I preordered from Amazon on July 14th.
    My shipping date is scheduled for September 14th.
    That's shipping, NOT delivery date.

So being delayed by a postal strike doesn't sound too bad.
  • Llama of TimeLlama of Time Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Ouch, im sorry

Yeah, i tend to just buy it from a store because of stuff like this
  • obbrichobbrich Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Jordashebasics;3017565 said:

Wow... That truly sucks.

This is the first game I've ever pre-ordered, and I only did it for the free songs. (Color me cheap) I learned long ago that if you want something quickly, don't order it online. Pay the cash, put in the time, and go get it in person. (Not chastising, just saying...)

If you go in person, at least you have someone to yell at. Ordering online is just a nameless, faceless, transaction, that nobody seems to take ownership of.

Other than that.. I'm loving the game so far. Can't wait for a party night to gauge the reaction of my friends who've played Rock Band with me before.
  • Cpt. OverkillCpt. Overkill (Briefly) Touched by a Banhammer
    edited September 2009

...I ordered mine like... last week. It's scheduled for delivery tomorrow...
  • RegulusRegulus Opening Act
    edited September 2009

Same exact predicament.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited September 2009
    That's why I rarely pre-order games. I just go to Walmart at midnight on the release date and grab it then. And on the rare occasions when they don't have it at the release date, I just go to Best Buy first thing in the morning on the release date.
  • JordashebasicsJordashebasics Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Shortly after posting, I got notice from Amazon that it shipped by Fedex. Scheduled to arrive on the 11th.

That isn't so bad.
    I pre-ordered online because of the sale I was able to get through amazon. I wound up only spending $25 for the premium bundle, so it was worth the delay for the bargain. I had assumed it would show up tomorrow, but Friday is fine as well.
  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited September 2009
    I just walked into a Gamestop 10 minutes ago and got mine. Just the game mind you, no bundle.
  • Mutley93Mutley93 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Yeah Royal Mail didnt deliver mine today :( HMV even promised me it would arrive on time..So i rang them up and raised my voice a little and i got ANOTHER 3 free DLC :D Hopefully the game will come tomorrow
  • Cedar-teethCedar-teeth Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    i already got 5 and gold stars on every song in the beatles its a great great game seriously the graphics are just to good and the songs are just perfect but waayyyyyy to easy all the impossible songs of the beatles are Challenging songs in rock band 2 or MAYBE Nightmare but the game is just great i like all the videos in the background
  • obbrichobbrich Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Cedar-teeth;3017978 said:
    i already got 5 and gold stars on every song in the beatles its a great great game seriously the graphics are just to good and the songs are just perfect but waayyyyyy to easy all the impossible songs of the beatles are Challenging songs in rock band 2 or MAYBE Nightmare but the game is just great i like all the videos in the background
    Good for you... Here's a cookie...

Seriously, if you thought this game was going to be the next step in challenging, then you set yourself up for some major disappointment. Its the experience, not the difficulty or lack thereof, of the songs.
  • Cedar-teethCedar-teeth Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    obbrich;3018507 said:
    Good for you... Here's a cookie...

Seriously, if you thought this game was going to be the next step in challenging, then you set yourself up for some major disappointment. Its the experience, not the difficulty or lack thereof, of the songs.
    yeah a coockie! :D
  • therealdokkstherealdokks Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Rather disappointed myself. Clunky interface, stupid color scheme and lack or re-playability. 2 of 5 stars.
  • TheObscureTheObscure Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    therealdokks;3018703 said:
    lack or re-playability.
    o rly
  • MonsterZeroMonsterZero Banned
    edited September 2009
    I ponded the idea of pre-order but I'm glad I didn't. I got my Special Edition Bundle Pack at last night at midnight at Walmart. I played until 4:00 am this morning.

I'm sorry some of you got screwd by the postman but once you get it, it will be worth the wait.

Its like owning a piece of history.