Anyone have the Gretsch or Rickenbacker controllers yet?

BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I'm planning on getting the Gretsch in the next few weeks but I'm curious about how they feel and play compared to the RB1 and RB2 controllers.

Comments

• mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I have both.

I *slightly* prefer the Rickenbacker at this point, I think that's probably because it feels more like the Fender in my hands. I guess the Gretsch will just take a little getting used to and I really have no complaints about it, the Rick just feels a little more familiar. And they both look fantastic.
  • ElvisChapelGuyElvisChapelGuy Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I have all three. I prefer the feel of the Hofner. But, I like the others, too.
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Yeah I have the Hofner too and prefer that to all of them. I'll only play bass with that one :)
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for the input. I'm getting the Gretsch because I've always been a Gretsch fan.
  • EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I just picked up the Gretsch (someone at my local Gamestop decided against his pre-order and I lucked out). So far, it feels very similar to the RB2 Fender, but looks a lot nicer. (Then again I think the real version of the Gretsch looks a lot nicer than a real Strat).
  • pal0fexpal0fex Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I have the Gretsch and will be going back later today to get the Rickenbacker. Identical to RB2 strat except different body.
  • Opus PenguinOpus Penguin Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I have both. Haven't opened the boxes yet as I promised my kids I would wait for them.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited September 2009
    BevoTheWarrior;3017723 said:
    I'm planning on getting the Gretsch in the next few weeks but I'm curious about how they feel and play compared to the RB1 and RB2 controllers.
    the body on the Ricks is bigger than RB2's strat, and the back/start buttons are a bit lower than the other one, but otherwise they feel the same as the RB2 ones.
  • bobellis75bobellis75 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I just bought the game disc....debating on buying guitars, but I also want the remastered cd collection...so have to make a decision.
    edited September 2009
    Opus Penguin;3017918 said:
    I have both. Haven't opened the boxes yet as I promised my kids I would wait for them.
    I wish I was 14 years old and you were my Dad :p
  • SkeleshredderSkeleshredder Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I just posted this rather long-winded comment about my Gretsch in the "Rumors and Facts" thread:

Okay, it's official: I LOVE my Gretsch. I just finished the story mode with it. The fret buttons took a little getting used to; I've only used the RB strats in stores a few times, so I wasn't already accustomed to the buttons going all the way across the neck. Had to make a slight adjustment to how I hold the neck to keep from getting mashed fingertips. The whammy bar also took some getting used to; its placement makes it kinda tough to put my hand in the familiar position. I also had to get used to letting it all the way up before using it to store overdrive on sustains, as I thought for a few seconds that it didn't work. Fortunately, it works fine, just a little different than what I'm used to. In the time it took me to play a few songs, I was used to it, and I like it much more than the previous guitars I've used (Gh Gibson SGs, Xplorer, and Les Paul). The strum bar is PERFECT. It improves on the RB2 strat, just as I'd hoped. It's not the slightest bit mushy, and it makes no noise. The one thing I've hated about all the other guitars I've used is the loud CLICKCLACKCLICK noise the strum bar constantly makes, and it's not an issue with the Gretsch. It's mighty sharp-lookin', too! :D The Gretsch is easily my favorite guitar (well, aside from my real Les Paul).
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I was never a fan of the RB 1 fender, and I never got the RB 2 fender. I was using the Guitar Hero 2 Xplorer until just today. Got my Gretch today, still waiting on TB: RB to arrive though! (Stinkin' UPS)

I have to say after playing for about 30 min on the Gretsch I love it! It feels great, it's wireless, the wammy bar is awesome. The strum bar works great too, it gives the right amount of give to it as well as having a bit of clickiness to it so that I can keep my rhythm. I'm enjoying it thoroughly! The fret buttons are awesome too.

My only regret is I saw Late Night with Conan last night and they played The BEatles game and all their instruments had sweet beatles guitar straps, I was kind of hoping that they had come with the guitar. But It comes with the plain old black one instead.

All in all great guitar, definitely know why it costs 100 big ones.
  • SkeleshredderSkeleshredder Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, the strap is a shame. I figured it would at least have the game's logo printed on it, but not even that. For the price point, I don't think that was too much to expect.
    I was planning to pick up one of the nice, swanky Beatles straps for the guitar, but just couldn't find an extra $30 to drop on one. Soon, hopefully.
    edited September 2009
    I want to say thanks to everyone who posted with their opinions. Thanks to all of you, I'm not $100 closer to being broke. I decided not to wait until my next paycheck and I just went out and bought the Gretsch. I LOVE it and I'm never going back to my old GH Les Paul. So, again, thanks for all your input!
  • RoofTopRookieRoofTopRookie Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    ThePaska;3018117 said:
    But It comes with the plain old black one instead.
    :/
  • InHerOwnWriteInHerOwnWrite Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I went to get my rickenbacker today and best buy screwed up and I can't get it for a few days!
    edited September 2009
    InHerOwnWrite;3019451 said:
    I went to get my rickenbacker today and best buy screwed up and I can't get it for a few days!
    At least you're still getting it. My Best Buy said they're not getting them at all.
  • BrianIsLiveBrianIsLive Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Can Anyone Put Up a Video Review? Showing Things Like The Strum Bar, Fret Buttons (How Loud They Click), Whammy Bar, ect.
  • west siidewest siide Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Glad to hear Rickebacker is close to the RB2 strat - that makes me comfortable that it's a worthwhile replacement for it.

As for those who like the Hofner...well, I'm interested to hear more. I just posted a thread regarding it and I don't like it at all. So please go ahead and reply here or in there what was it you liked so much so I can see if there's a way I can get happy with it.
  • KaYotiXKaYotiX Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I got the Gretch and it is by far the best guitar ive used :) Used to be in love with the RB 2 strat but not anymore!! Its also a thing of beauty
    edited September 2009
    KaYotiX;3019973 said:
    I got the Gretch and it is by far the best guitar ive used :) Used to be in love with the RB 2 strat but not anymore!! Its also a thing of beauty
    My sentiments exactly. Except that I used to be in love with the GH3 Les Paul. The Gretsch is my new favorite guitar, hands down.