The Beatles: Rock Band Tales of Woe

clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
This is a thread for anyone, for whatever reason, who isn't able to enjoy the goodness that is The Beatles: Rock Band.

I have a nice, brand new copy of the game on my bed at the moment. Walked over to Gamestop today, got it without any problems (along with some Microsoft Points) and went home without delay. Get home, turn on the 360, and sure enough, RRoD, despite the fact that it was working earlier in the day. I get to wait a few weeks now to play the game.

So, with that, if anyone else has some story about why they can't play The Beatles: Rock Band, feel free to post. Also, if someone made something similar to this, please delete it.

Note: Despite the title and nature of the thread, please keep posts in good spirits. I am by no means trying to whine about this (considering Harmonix had nothing to do with it). Hell, I'm happy I have a copy of the game.

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Hah, I just don't have any money or I'd be all over it.
  • mbnasir6mbnasir6 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I can answer for UK'ers, over most of England there has been postal strikes, so a lot of people don't have they're copy yet.
    I hope my GH5 isn't delayed
  • Jordan10laJordan10la Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I thought of this yesterday. I would be so devastated.
  • dragonflyrdragonflyr Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    man ... that really does suck. that is really cruel.
    i have a feeling my preorder copy won't be in stock .. but even if that is the case, it is nothing like your story. sorry to hear that......
  • Jordan10laJordan10la Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    dragonflyr;3017784 said:
    man ... that really does suck. that is really cruel.
    i have a feeling my preorder copy won't be in stock .. but even if that is the case, it is nothing like your story. sorry to hear that......
    Doesn't pre-order guarantee they'll have it?
  • Northern_BlitzNorthern_Blitz Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I am trying to wait patiently for my wife to get home. I'm working from home and trying to be productive.
  • dragonflyrdragonflyr Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Jordan10la;3017792 said:
    yeah ... you would think. but it is a small, local store that was only getting a couple copies. they also said at the time, "yeah, we should have it by the 10th" .. so, that wasn't very promising. i just have this gut feeling they won't have it. but, i wanted to support my local store.
  • BrawndoBrawndo Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I thought I had a tale of woe about to go... I have a great, local game shop across the street. The best shop I've ever seen for older games and consoles. You name it, they have it. But because they're not one of the big chain stores, they don't get a lot of copies of new games, so they don't do preorders. Doesn't make sense when you only get 2-5 copies of a game on its launch day.

I'd asked the owner about B:RB, and he said to call at 11:00 AM on the day of launch to see, since that's when they expected to have it. Once he had it in hand, he'd put one aside for me. I called, it hadn't arrived yet, they said call back at 3. I called back at 3:15 (couldn't get away from my desk at work), they were all gone.

Now I could probably buy it from a Gamestop or Best Buy or any number of other stores, but I'd really rather support a local businessman, so I was pretty bummed out. Plus, the extra time spent looking for a copy of the game after work would mean less time spent playing.

So I called my roommate (who has the day off) to pout about it, and it turns out she was in the store when they unpacked the B:RB box and scored the last copy on my behalf. My roommate=win.
  • SilverHammerOn.SilverHammerOn. Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    It's been shipped...waiting...waiting...feels like forever (and a day)
  • mazeltomtom19mazeltomtom19 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I'm at college halfway across the country and my brother bought the game today back home. I'm going to have to wait until Thanksgiving break to play, and to top it all off, he called me just now and said "I just got past Shea and am now going to Budokan!" This is going to be a looooooong two months...
  • RBRobinRBRobin Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Up here in Sweden I went online and pre-ordered it weeks ago, certain I'd at least have a copy by Friday (the release date here is technically 10/09, but this site is known for getting the games shipped a few days early). It turns out the supplier stock ran out, meaning when the suppliers get more, the store will eventually get more and then us pre-order folks might get a copy. In a week or two, three? I have no idea, but this has never happened before. Guess it just means people are aching to get a copy though. :rolleyes:
  • Kellwolf9EKellwolf9E Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I got the RRoD last week watching Netflix of all things. Shipped off to Microsoft, fixed, but thanks to the wonderful Labor Day holiday, it won't be back until Friday the 11th. I go back to work tomorrow. Being an airline pilot, well, it'll likely be next Tuesday before I get a chance to play it.

I told my wife I'd prefer her to wait until I get home so we can play it together. She said that might be grounds for divorce. :)
  • crazysean05crazysean05 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I live in Texas. I've been waiting since it was shipped on Friday. It was supposed to come in today, but since we got a new mail man this week, that likes to bring the mail at 10:30 AM instead of 4:30pm, I have to wait some more probably till tomorrow or Friday.
  • RobondacobRobondacob Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I have been saving money for a while now to get the bundle... found out yesterday that I had 20 less dollars than I originally thought I did. Frickin 240 dollars.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2009
    mazeltomtom19;3018041 said:
    I'm at college halfway across the country and my brother bought the game today back home. I'm going to have to wait until Thanksgiving break to play, and to top it all off, he called me just now and said "I just got past Shea and am now going to Budokan!" This is going to be a looooooong two months...
    This

The jerks at Gamestop didn't want to sell me an advance copy! Some crap about wanting to keep their jobs or whatever
  • SkeleshredderSkeleshredder Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I got the RRoD last month, but at least the turnaround was surprisingly swift. I got my console back fully repaired exactly one week after I shipped it off. When it happened, I was worried about getting it back in time for Batman: Arkham Asylum and TBRB, so I was pretty impressed with the quick turnaround. Hopefully, you'll have the same kind of luck.
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited September 2009
    Skeleshredder;3018106 said:
    I got the RRoD last month, but at least the turnaround was surprisingly swift. I got my console back fully repaired exactly one week after I shipped it off. When it happened, I was worried about getting it back in time for Batman: Arkham Asylum and TBRB, so I was pretty impressed with the quick turnaround. Hopefully, you'll have the same kind of luck.
    Yeah, it's usually been pretty quick for me. This is the third time I've gone through with this.
  • SkeleshredderSkeleshredder Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Damn, that is rotten luck! At least mine was almost three years old; I was expecting it to crap out sooner or later. That sucks, man!
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited September 2009
    Skeleshredder;3018143 said:
    Damn, that is rotten luck! At least mine was almost three years old; I was expecting it to crap out sooner or later. That sucks, man!
    Yeah, nothing I can do about it though. I'll probably flip out when they try to charge me for a repair, but until then it's just an annoying inconvenience.
  • PezzersPezzers Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Jordan10la;3017792 said:
    Apparently not, seen as how two of the largest electronics retailers in Canada: Future Shop and Best Buy don't have ANYTHING to fill their preorders, except the value bundles.

Needless to say, I don't have a copy, and I am praying that I get a copy by Friday as I have a Beatles jam scheduled for the weekend :eek:
  • NotAllThereNotAllThere Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    i got the rrod on launch day for fallout 3 last year,so chances are,if i get TBRB,and it red rings,im getting me a slim
  • wickedbadzwickedbadz Banned
    edited September 2009
    99.9% of there OMG my console RROD'd are BS topics. The newer Xbox360's don't RROD. So if your 360 RROD'd it's time to replace it anyhow.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited September 2009
    wickedbadz;3018402 said:
    99.9% of there OMG my console RROD'd are BS topics. The newer Xbox360's don't RROD. So if your 360 RROD'd it's time to replace it anyhow.
    99.9% of people who think newer 360s don't RROD are making BS posts. They've worked hard on the issue but they haven't completely gotten rid of it.

Plus, why should it be time for anyone to replace their console for any reason other than the console stops working? My Wii is from launch and it still works fine, I'd say it'd be the same for 360s too, why would you NEED to replace it?
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    Glad I wasn't the only one. My 360 decided TODAY of all days to quit recognizing discs at all.

DAMN YOU!
  • ZephielZephiel Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Mine hasn't showed up in the mail yet...It's not nearly as bad as your problem, but I'm starting to get worried...
  • pupsdaddypupsdaddy Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I'm a UPS driver. We have the account that handles the returns and replacements of 360s. Trust me, the new ones fail. A lot. Perhaps not as often as the old ones, but they still fail.

For what it's worth, I've yet to pick up a PS3 or a Wii being sent out for repair.

Just sayin'
  • Ledgo2Ledgo2 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I brought it home, ready to just make a mess out of my pants.

I had to wait three hours to play it because my sister was on the good TV... So there I am, sitting there like a crack head constantly eyeing the case and checking every half hour or so to get on the TV.

ARGHHH!!!!
  • NoDNoD Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    My PS3 is broke, flashing red light last friday, had to use $ I was going get TB:RB to have it fixed.

Got RockBand release day
    Got RockBand 2 release day
    I failed on TBRB

I feel your pain, but I was able to ship off the PS3 for repair/exchange today, progress made me feel a little better.
  • Darren666Darren666 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Ok. how about this one?
    i preordered it from my local gamestop months ago (i live in ireland)
    I go in two days ago to double check if they have it. Sure enough they have TWO copies of the bundle. One for me and one for my mate (who had also preordered it)
    I arrive at gamestop at 9 o clock and buy the game, rush home and open it. Everything seemed great, i set everything up to get ready to play. Then i notice my hofner bass didnt come with a battery cover. I shrugged this off and put in the batteries, thinking that it might be elsewhere in the box. Then when i went to turn it on on the back the little button popped and fell inside the guitar!
    I was devasted! I ring up the gamestop and one the employees tells me to bring in the guitar and theyd ship it off and get me a new one. I telll him thats grand and that ill call in later with it. I start to play to play the game. Its absolutely amazing. Then i get a phone call. Its gamestop. They tell me that to get a new guitar i have to ship EVERYTHING away and if i can bring it in soon then they might be able to get me one by tomorrow... So now im left beatleless for a day or more..after having played it for 2 hours only to lose it is killing me :(