Expert Vocalists Get The Shaft??? Why??

BeatleRicBeatleRic Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I rushed out this morning to purchase the Limited XBox 360 edition of Beatles Rock Band because I love the band and I love your games.

Being a singer, I was so looking forward to playing the game, and while I am indeed having a blast with it, I want to bring something to your attention and hopefully get it fixed.

I'm disappointed that it seems like vocalists get the shaft on this game. Solo vocalists especially.

The Xbox 360 Achievments: Better Free Your Mind Instead, No One's Frightened of Playing, And the Band Begins To Play, and Things That Money Just Can't Buy will not unlock if you Gold Star the songs using expert vocals, either solo or harmony.

Why is this? Why are expert vocals treated differently than expert on any other instrument? Doesn't seem right to me.

Moreover, the 1,000,000 career points achievement is only for harmony vocals and not for harmony OR solo vocals. Yes I know I can sing harmony vocals alone, but it should have counted for either.

I love the game, but as a solo vocalist I'm a little let down that we got the short end of the stick here with regards to applicable achievements.

Would it be possible in a patch to have those achievements count for expert vocals as well as the other instruments?

Thanks for listening, I really do love the game very much.

Comments

• RenrockRenrock Too bland to be banned
    edited September 2009
    While I don't usually complain about Achievements, especially on such a great game, I do feel like for a game that pushes the singing envelope, it sure doesn't give much of an unlockable reward for it.

And waaaaaay to many guitar Achievements. :p
  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited September 2009
    BeatleRic;3018062 said:

The Xbox 360 Achievments: Better Free Your Mind Instead, No One's Frightened of Playing, And the Band Begins To Play, and Things That Money Just Can't Buy will not unlock if you Gold Star the songs using expert vocals, either solo or harmony.
    Just to be clear, those Achievements are for Gold Stars on any song, on any instrument...but it's not workin for vocals?
  • slickerdripsslickerdrips Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    It does seem funny about not counting career points for solo vocals, but as for the achievements, they all unlocked for me and I was on expert harmony vocals
    edited September 2009
    Mex;3018111 said:
    Just to be clear, those Achievements are for Gold Stars on any song, on any instrument...but it's not workin for vocals?
    I don't know about those offhand, but I got the 4 Gold stars on 4 different vocal songs and got an achievement. (forget the name of it)
  • BeatleRicBeatleRic Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    slickerdrips;3018125 said:
    It does seem funny about not counting career points for solo vocals, but as for the achievements, they all unlocked for me and I was on expert harmony vocals
    Can you please explain what you did? Did you have to hit all double or triple fab bonuses?

I sang 3 of the 4 songs listed, got Expert Gold stars and the achievement tracker still showed 0/4

Could you offer some advice?

Thanks!
    edited September 2009
    BeatleRic;3018138 said:
    Can you please explain what you did? Did you have to hit all double or triple fab bonuses?

I sang 3 of the 4 songs listed, got Expert Gold stars and the achievement tracker still showed 0/4

Could you offer some advice?

Thanks!
    I don't know about Harmony, but it worked for me on solo. Just make sure you're signed in to the Mic and not a guitar or something.
    edited September 2009
    Ok maybe I'm missing something else here. I just did it again, and it didn't register at all.

Do you need 100% in the song to get Gold Stars? Is 99% ok? The 5 stars look gold to me, I cant tell the difference. I'm on expert, I'm getting all 5 stars and 99% on the song and it is NOT COUNTING at all towards the achievement.

What could I be doing wrong?
    edited September 2009
    Renrock;3018190 said:
    I don't know about Harmony, but it worked for me on solo. Just make sure you're signed in to the Mic and not a guitar or something.

Ok I think I see the confusion. You're thinking about the specific vocal achievement. I'm not talking about that one, I'm talking about the individual achievements for each band member, the 35 point ones. Each member has 4 songs you need to gold star to unlock and it is simply not working for me with vocals.
  • BlueHairBlueHair Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I'm disappointed that it seems like vocalists get the shaft on this game. Solo vocalists especially.
    Same as it ever was. :(
  • edited September 2009
    Attached is a comparison of how the regular stars look versus the GOLD stars in The Beatles: Rock Band.

Hopefully this will help with any possible confusion.
    655 x 238 - 36K
  • ChaosraidenChaosraiden Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    BeatleRic;3018239 said:
    Ok maybe I'm missing something else here. I just did it again, and it didn't register at all.

Do you need 100% in the song to get Gold Stars? Is 99% ok? The 5 stars look gold to me, I cant tell the difference. I'm on expert, I'm getting all 5 stars and 99% on the song and it is NOT COUNTING at all towards the achievement.

What could I be doing wrong?
    I'm having a teeny bit of trouble telling between 5S or GS
  • pal0fexpal0fex Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Chaosraiden;3018569 said:
    I'm having a teeny bit of trouble telling between 5S or GS
    I don't see why a lot of people are having this problem. 5S is a dull gold color and GS is bright yellow.
  • BruceDickinsonBruceDickinson Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    HMXPope;3018555 said:
    Attached is a comparison of how the regular stars look versus the GOLD stars in The Beatles: Rock Band.

Hopefully this will help with any possible confusion.
    Thanks for this!
  • edited September 2009
    No problem!

The other big thing to be sure of is that you are signed in to the vocal controller when trying to get these achievements. If you aren't, that would explain why you're not seeing them.
  • C-Pr0mptC-Pr0mpt Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    The title of this thread is "Expert Vocalists Get The Shaft", and then that is all you can bring to the table? Seriously? A little whining about the trophies? Because of this you got the shaft? Just shut up and play the game...
    edited September 2009
    C-Pr0mpt;3018763 said:
    The title of this thread is "Expert Vocalists Get The Shaft", and then that is all you can bring to the table? Seriously? A little whining about the trophies? Because of this you got the shaft? Just shut up and play the game...
    Thanks for adding NOTHING to the discussion. Please take your piss ass attitude elsewhere.

Amazing how there's always one a$$hole everywhere.

Thanks to everyone else for the help, I appreciate it
  • Baanu_RassBaanu_Rass Headliner
    edited September 2009
    C-Pr0mpt;3018763 said:
    A little pissy aren't you?