Am I the only one...

RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
that feels the contrast between the note highway makes the notes pretty difficult to see at times? That happens now and then with RB2 when doing videos or something, but so far, pretty much every background proves to be challenges to pick up notes.

Does it seem like there should be more contrast or are my eyes just messed up today?

Comments

• DoctorTran37DoctorTran37 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I actually adjusted to them quite quickly.
  • Cedar-teethCedar-teeth Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    only if i use starpower in the solo's
  • Weatherman81Weatherman81 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Sometimes it seems there is so much going on in the background I get confused and miss notes, the black highway from RB2 is definetley preferred by me
  • wickedbadzwickedbadz Banned
    edited September 2009
    RealMessiah;3018134 said:
    that feels the contrast between the note highway makes the notes pretty difficult to see at times? That happens now and then with RB2 when doing videos or something, but so far, pretty much every background proves to be challenges to pick up notes.

Does it seem like there should be more contrast or are my eyes just messed up today?
    Nope I agree 100% with you and so do lots of others. The highway is almost transparent at times. They should have allowed for the classic black highway to be chosen.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited September 2009
    I hope they patch this game so you can adjust the damn note highway. I don't want to watch what is going on when I'm playing the guitar. Some songs is almost re tard ed with how bright it is behind the highway.
  • doubldowndoubldown Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Definitely not alone! My eyes are shot, so I thought it was just me, but I'm glad it's not. The most trouble I run into is when I have the overdrive going. I can deal with the dreamscapes and the almost-transparent note highway, but when that's combined with the overdrive, it's almost impossible to see--especially the bass pedal notes on the drums.
  • The_SpleenThe_Spleen Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I'm red-green color blind...you have no idea how hard it can be to see some of the notes...no...idea.

Love the game though!
  • TweekfuTweekfu Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    you aren't alone, i missed a couple of green notes i didn't even see while i had Beatlemania activated.
  • MK-82_1_eachMK-82_1_each Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I just played a couple of songs for the 1st time. The 1st thing I noticed was that the highway sucks from a color perspective. The notes are hard to see at times and just blend in with the back ground. Reminds me of one reason why I switched to RB from GH.....
  • wickedbadzwickedbadz Banned
    edited September 2009
    I'm glad you all are speaking up. I posted this when I got the game last week and got bashed and attacked over it. The highway has issues, I don't care what anyone says and there should have been a choice to use this highway or the old black highway. The flashing and blinking with the Dreamscapes and the terrible color combinations of the highway almost make you want to throw up, it's sickening.
  • SportzterSportzter Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I find the Regular RB2 highway to be very difficult to see in OD.

The Beatles version is an upgrade for me :)

The pastels show more contrast for me and Beatlemania OD graphics are easier to differentiate the notes than the RB2 version.

I hope they give us the option in RB3 with different Highway contrasts, as I will most likely go with this type rather than the default.
  • tw1l1ghttw1l1ght Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Same here, I really have problems to recognize notes as soon as any effects (guitar soli / overdrive / bass multiplier) are active. I'm not totally color-blind, but got a slight red/green amblyopia, which might be the cause for this.

This totally kills the fun for me, and I'm thinking about re-selling the game, even though I love the songs. :(

HMX, an option to turn all that eye-candy off, select different color presets and/or make the background of the note highway a solid color would be really great.

BTW, I got no problems at all in RB2.
  • bek_____2bek_____2 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Yes, they should have been easy too see for coulorblind people, and people with b&w TVs

hope harmonix will change this