Beatles Rockband Mic issues?

phonk77phonk77 Unsigned
edited December 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Anyone else having issues with the Beatles Rockband mic?

Got the Beatles Rockband limited edition set this morning.

Got it home. Set everything up. Drums working fine, Bass working fine. Mic nothing. Ensured that i had my 360 controller switched on while attempting to use my Mic. Checdked various other forums for hints on tips regarding Mics. Nothing on there that i hadn't already tried,

Still nothing. Checked all of the USB ports on my 360. They all work fine with my 16 GB Flash drive so no issues there.

It would appear that my mic is faulty.

No good. Anyone in the same boat?

My Beatles Rock Band was purchased from Amazon UK.

Comments

• geminirock19geminirock19 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Same exact problem. We are going crazy trying to figure out the cause of this. Please let me know if you find out anything!
  • bassplaya07bassplaya07 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Make that three. I have this issue, not with the 360, but with my PS3. So annoying!
  • SilverHammerOn.SilverHammerOn. Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Plug it into your PC and see if it works
  • CheeezCheeez Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Mine broke last night after a 6 hour session. I unplugged it and left it overnight.

Came back this morning, plugged it in and it was fine. There's clearly something up here though if you're all having similar problems.
  • VistaNixVistaNix Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Also couldn't get game to recognize mic on Wii. Clearly a software glitch. If you go to the mic sensitivity adjustment in setup, it sees the mic just fine, but return to gameplay and it's gone again. I'll fool around with it some more before I punt to Harmonix.
    edited September 2009
    I think that it is a software issue after further investigation. I am able to plug it into my computer and use it as a microphone. So hopefully they'll get they're act together and fix this!!
  • AirsoftdwarfAirsoftdwarf Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    How exactly do you even plug one in? I tried plugging my xbox 360 headset into this one port that looked like it would work, but the port was too big. Is this the wrong port? If so then where's the right one?
  • TheRedneck38TheRedneck38 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Airsoftdwarf;3024955 said:
    How exactly do you even plug one in? I tried plugging my xbox 360 headset into this one port that looked like it would work, but the port was too big. Is this the wrong port? If so then where's the right one?
    ....lol...

They are talking about USB mics.

Beatles RB doesn't work with 360 headset
    edited September 2009
    VistaNix;3022289 said:
    Also couldn't get game to recognize mic on Wii. Clearly a software glitch. If you go to the mic sensitivity adjustment in setup, it sees the mic just fine, but return to gameplay and it's gone again. I'll fool around with it some more before I punt to Harmonix.

Checked that setting out and I can verify the same situation. It works just fine when adjusting the sensitivity, but just non-existent when trying to play the game.
  • Han DaimondHan Daimond Letdown
    edited September 2009
    Faulty products? That's impossible!
    edited September 2009
    Okay so I sent a message to Harmonix about the issue, and this is what I got in return.

"Do you have the standard controller signed in with the microphone plugged in? With the microphone you need a standard controller to navigate menus, adjust volume, etc...

Please write back with any further questions or comments related to this matter.

Regards,

Alli T.
    Community Moderator
    Harmonix Music Systems, Inc."

So at least with myself I know I wasn't using my normal PS3 controller to navigate, I was using guitar to navigate. Fired up the game with just my PS3 controller turned on and the USB mic plugged in and the game saw the mic. Feel pretty dumb, but no where before this had I read anything about just using a standard controller to operate the mic in the menus.
  • BeatleJuzeBeatleJuze Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    i have same mic problems with Wii. But tonight I will try plugging in mic after first making sure my main Wii controller is recognized. I have never been able to navigate all the menus with just the guitar controller (which you CAN do with GH controllers).
  • micproblemguymicproblemguy Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    I am having the same problem on the wii.
  • nbalive2005nbalive2005 Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    bassplaya07;3043066 said:
    Okay so I sent a message to Harmonix about the issue, and this is what I got in return.

"Do you have the standard controller signed in with the microphone plugged in? With the microphone you need a standard controller to navigate menus, adjust volume, etc...

Please write back with any further questions or comments related to this matter.

Regards,

Alli T.
    Community Moderator
    Harmonix Music Systems, Inc."

So at least with myself I know I wasn't using my normal PS3 controller to navigate, I was using guitar to navigate. Fired up the game with just my PS3 controller turned on and the USB mic plugged in and the game saw the mic. Feel pretty dumb, but no where before this had I read anything about just using a standard controller to operate the mic in the menus.
    Peeps need to read this.

If you use a guitar to navigate, it would (obviously) go to the guitar screen. The mic is navigated by a controller.

In no way is this an attack on you though, it happens to the best of us ;)
  • darthhynesdarthhynes Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    i get an echo issue on xbox 360 i thought it was because i was using the wirless mics but it does the same thing with the wired mic. adjusting volume or sensitivity did not change the echo issue.also from time to time the game will stop saying that it can't hear you as if the mic was off or not working but the mics were working fine
  • azcoyotedogazcoyotedog Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Hey all,
    What brand mic is the best for RockBand? I'm looking for a USB mic to use with my Wii system that will provide me with the best audio/vocal pickup and sound quality. When playing TB:RB, I am having trouble hearing my voice. I have adjusted the mic's sensitivity, volume level and I also placed a check in lower original vocals. I'm currently using the original mic's from RB 2 bundle and I have to raise the volume very high in order to hear myself and with everything else playing, it's too loud! Funny thing, I noticed when playing Rockband 2 that the mic's vocal/audio pickup was somewhat better and I can hear my voice? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated, feel free to message me, Thanks!
  • parasite8parasite8 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I thought I was the only 1 with this prob. I can't hear my own voice. Mic works cos I can see the cursor but can't hear myself. tried to adjust the sensitivity but nothing. Is it software or a mic problem?
  • NYJaguarNYJaguar Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Is there any known solution for this issue? I am using the PS3 controller to navigate. Sometimes it doesn't recognize the mic (it works perfectly on my computer). Sometimes it recognizes it, but I can't sing!