where is the story mode??

deiongdeiong Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
i pressed story mode in the game menu, but maybe my disc is defective because there is no story to the story mode, all it is is play 4-5 songs per location, but where is the story? sure there is pictures going in and out in between locations like a photo collage , but after playing it, i know nothing more about the beatles then when i first started??

i was expecting something better than aerosmiths guitar hero, but alas no such luck. maybe the devs shoulda played that game at least once to see what the comp did with a game that follows a bands carrer... at least with aerosmith you get an actual story that tells you about their journey.... in this all you get are locations, a buunch of pictures collaged together between locations so cluttered that you have no freggen clue what is going on to begin with..

i'm disappointed.. as a person who never really listened to the beatles before, i was hoping to learn a little something about them, but alas other then knowing a few locations that they played at and there songs that i guess represent what was played at those location, i know nothing about the beatles.. sad that rock bands been a better game then guitar hero, but when it comes to a battle of the bands beatles vs aerosmith.... at least in the story mode, guitar heros got rock band whopped, spanked so far in the dust..

but then maybe its my disc that is messed up.. does anyone's disc have an actual story to there story mode???

Comments

• ArchangelZeroArchangelZero Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    It's not going to be an actual story.

If you want a history lesson, go look it up on the internet. This is a game, not a documentary.

And the bonus content you get from unlocking gives you information.
  • ManbreastsManbreasts Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    My disc well has a story mode!
  • meanmtrmustard27meanmtrmustard27 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    "Beatles vs Aerosmith" The Beatles smashes Aerosmith in the dust with the music.

I guess you cant please everyone tho.
  • DrEeviilDrEeviil Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Yes, there is a boatload of extra movies and photos and audio content to "unlock". Not that it's at all difficult, looks like you basically just need to play each song at least once.
  • LikeMikeLikeMike Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    There actually ain`t that much more content... the text to the pictures is pretty nice, but I don`t think many people will take the time to read. The little movies between "stations" are great, but not very informative. Then there are the videos that you unlock by getting the pictures (1 for finishing the song and another 1 for 5 starring it). Those vary from very, very cool (especially the first one) to me. And there are only 6 of them.

I definetly would`ve liked to see more here. But on the other hand, for me everything seems very polished and detailed. The little sound snippets before and right after a song for example are great. So, although I´d wanted more, I´m also very pleased with what I´ve got.
  • deiongdeiong Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    ArchangelZero;3019118 said:
    It's not going to be an actual story.

If you want a history lesson, go look it up on the internet. This is a game, not a documentary.

And the bonus content you get from unlocking gives you information.
    that doesnt make sense, its called story mode, you should expect the story.. as for the bonus content.. theres a lot of pictures.. im half way through it but took a break til tomorrow.. slow songs after a while make you a bit tired.. if theres some videos then i'll look forward to that, but when i read story mode, well you expect just that a story, otherwise they should a called it chronological play mode or something like that since theres no story in story mode.
  • wickedbadzwickedbadz Banned
    edited September 2009
    The Story mode is well, not a story just a disc filling sales pitch.
  • PezzersPezzers Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    It tells a story through the music, visuals, venues, fans, moving on up as it were. It doesn't have to be a documentary to be a story.
  • GThrasher128GThrasher128 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Read a book if you want the story. Were you expecting a cut scene when John met Yoko?
  • wickedbadzwickedbadz Banned
    edited September 2009
    Pezzers;3019284 said:
    It tells a story through the music, visuals, venues, fans, moving on up as it were. It doesn't have to be a documentary to be a story.
    It does? Where and how? Did you get a special copy than everyone else or what?
    edited September 2009
    wickedbadz;3019325 said:
    It does? Where and how? Did you get a special copy than everyone else or what?
    You don't like this game, do you?

Anyways, quite honestly, the story is anywhere if you want to read it. I don't think the game is meant to give life to a story, but to give life to the music.
  • deiongdeiong Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    GThrasher128;3019303 said:
    Read a book if you want the story. Were you expecting a cut scene when John met Yoko?
    not sure what you mean... no i guess i was expecting something like aerosmiths..

i dotn like metellica so im not sure how they went with that story mode,, but aerosmiths actaully makes you feel like you took part because you were apart of it. in a story kind of way...

as for the otoher person. yea i can see how you could say a stroy from there songs, but then you have to say the same thing with all the songs on all the other rock band, guitar hero games.. so it doesnt make it special at all. its just another rockband guitar hero game..

which i guess is fine i still woulda bought it.. i just feel like it was a marketing ploy now that all it is is rockband with beatles characters and beatles songs and photos..

but like i said i still would have bought it.. but i guess i wouldnt have expected something else other then another rock band game beatles themed. and nothing else..

hopefully that isnt taken in a bad way. i dont mean to disrepect the devs... anyways thanks for reading and answering. :)
  • PezzersPezzers Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I don't think you understood what I meant.

By telling a story, I mean you get to see them in small venues to begin with, playing earlier music, moving on up to Shea Stadium and Abbey Road.
    edited September 2009
    wickedbadz;3019283 said:
    The Story mode is well, not a story just a disc filling sales pitch.
    Well HMX never truly hyped the story mode. So it's not that big of a sales pitch as you may think.

BTW, do you have some vendetta against HMX?
    edited September 2009
    wickedbadz;3019370 said:
    No I don't like this game. I think Harmonix trashed the Beatles in it. They edited songs, they chopped and butchered as they could, the note highway looks like baby crap on the screen and the story is lacking at best. Michael Jackson deserved to die for selling the rights to allow this game to happen. It's ruined the image and music of a excellent band.
    You mean the mixes that Giles Martin did? The editing that you claim HMX did are the mixes that Giles provided them. I don't think he'd provide them with bad edits.

I really don't know what to say about the highway. I would have preferred the old one, but I'm okay with the new one. Doesn't phase me.

Woulda liked more from the story mode, but as a person who has watched Anthology several times, imo, I'm alright with it.

I don't see how they ruined they're image. The Beatles themselves had to review every nook and cranny of this game. I'm sure if they had any problems with their image, they woulda pressed for immediate change.
  • TheRollingBonesTheRollingBones Headliner
    edited September 2009
    If you want the full story, read one of the hundreds of biographys, or go to Wikipedia for goodness sake! This is more of a visual journey through The Beatles' history.
  • CataclysmoCataclysmo Rising Star
    edited September 2009
  • NerazzurriNerazzurri Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Chill guys, he was expecting an RPG not a music game.

Seriously, people are dissing this game for really bad reasons!
  • deiongdeiong Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Nerazzurri;3019516 said:
    Chill guys, he was expecting an RPG not a music game.

Seriously, people are dissing this game for really bad reasons!
    i'm sorry you think aerosmith guitar hero is a rpg.
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    There are always "those" people who can just never be pleased no matter what happens, and we have an example of a few of those people in this thread.

You guys should lighten up and enjoy life a bit more, you'd be amazed at how much you're missing. But I guess if whining on the internet is your life, then that's you're life. Good luck, hopefully one of these days you grow up and realize life is a lot happier enjoying the good rather than dwelling on the bad.
  • BernieBernie Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    As a Prog Rocker (and well before) and not really ever being a Beatles fan, all I can say that the sound track/story is first class in all areas except the highway colour choice but I can live with that.
    I downloaded the XBox 160 point dlc & a free photo pack from XBox Live and enjoyed every minute of the time it took to complete the story section in guitar mode & all the guitar challenges...this gives acces to the photos & videos.
    Enjoy the music.....think that it is a "linear progression of musical development over the Beatle's career" or just sell the disc at your local second hand disc shop to recoup some cash!