Hofner controller navigaing Wii menu

LMW28IFLMW28IF Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
When I fire up the Wii I am unable to navigate the main menu to start TBRB...I need to use one of my normal Wii remotes to start game. Is that right? It seems like the Hofner controller is not the main controller...is there a way to make it the primary controller?
Thanks,

Comments

• AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    No you can't use a rock band controller in the Wii menu like with the guitar hero controllers.
  • ArchangelZeroArchangelZero Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    You have to use your Wiimote.
  • LMW28IFLMW28IF Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    AKALink;3019390 said:
    No you can't use a rock band controller in the Wii menu like with the guitar hero controllers.
    So you have to use a normal remote to get going on the game? What if this is the first game you've ever bought for Wii...or am I wrong and you would HAVE to have a remote if you own a Wii? Sorry if I sound ignorant.... ;o)
    edited September 2009
    LMW28IF;3019421 said:
    So you have to use a normal remote to get going on the game? What if this is the first game you've ever bought for Wii...or am I wrong and you would HAVE to have a remote if you own a Wii? Sorry if I sound ignorant.... ;o)
    You'd have to have a Wiimote. Why wouldn't you?

And the controllers serve as Wiimotes because they need Wiimotes connected to them.
  • TheRollingBonesTheRollingBones Headliner
    edited September 2009
    Uh, no. Rock Band instruments have never worked with the main Wii system. You have to use the Wiimote to get to the game. Once you're in, you can control all the game with the Hofner, or any other guitar, drum, or Wiimote controller you happen to have!
  • TheRollingBonesTheRollingBones Headliner
    edited September 2009
    ArchangelZero;3019430 said:

And the controllers serve as Wiimotes because they need Wiimotes connected to them.
    No, they don't. You must not have a Wii, because Wii Rock Band instruments don't need an individual controller for each instrument like Guitar Hero's. Thank goodness for that, since you can play Rock Band with 4 players even if you only have 1 remote! It's a way better system.
    edited September 2009
    TheRollingBones;3019454 said:
    No, they don't. You must not have a Wii, because Wii Rock Band instruments don't need an individual controller for each instrument like Guitar Hero's. Thank goodness for that, since you can play Rock Band with 4 players even if you only have 1 remote! It's a way better system.
    I was talking about GH controllers:p

I have RB1, RB2 for Wii, TB:RB coming tomorrow. I've been playing for a long time, and seen a lot of crap about us.
  • DrEeviilDrEeviil Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Doesn't the wireless bass have a wiimote stuck into it? You can use the directional keypad & buttons on the wiimote itself to navigate the menus. I don't have one, but from the picture in the manual it looks like it should be accesible.
  • GillyanneGillyanne Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    ok so first, this post specifically mentions using the hofner, so it doesn't matter what you need to use on other hardware.

to me it seems that the instruments aren't even read by the wii until TB:RB has started, so that may also be a reason why you can't use it to navigate, the wii doesn't know how to read it w/o the game started.

my eyes could also be playing tricks on me, but I know when I got my gretsch out, the "player 2" light didn't stay lit indicating it was in use until after the game started.
    edited September 2009
    None of the controllers work until you're in the game, so don't waste your breath.