Still TB:RB-less...

AzzurroAzzurro Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Hey everyone,

So allow me to divulge my day to you.

It started off with me not being able to fall asleep, due to so much excitement for TB:RB. I left my house at 7:30am to be at the local Best Buy for 8:00am. They opened at 10:00am (there was only me and one other guy there, I guess my area doesn't have alot of Beatlemaniacs), and I went inside, only to be told that TB:RB bundles have not arrived yet, and are currently on-transit to the store. I hung around for another hour to see if they would arrive, but they didn't.

I decided to go run some other errands I had to do during the day, and then come back and pick up my copy (they printed out a raincheck so I had one reserved). At around 2:00pm, I arrived back at Best Buy to see if the bundles have come in, only to find out that they were STILL on-transit to the store.

I waited around for ANOTHER two hours, waiting for the bundles to show up. After the two hours (now 4:00pm), I asked the manager what the status of the bundles were. He checked the computer, only to see that the bundles were no longer on-transit, and were instead relocated to the Best Buy website location for some odd reasons... So NO bundles were coming...

Absolutely shocked and disappointed, I proceeded to go home, and wallow as I wait for my local Best Buy to FINALLY get the bundles...

Comments

• Smashedbunny2Smashedbunny2 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Dude save your money rent it and you will be happy you did not buy it... I have played this for a hour and Im on here trying to stop other people from feeling ripped off like I do
  • GenovationGenovation Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    One word: pre-order.

I got a call today from my local EB this afternoon saying that they had it in, so I went and picked it up in 5 minutes. No waiting involved.
  • AzzurroAzzurro Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I would have except the Best Buy in my location was not accepting pre-orders.
  • nicko68nicko68 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, BB really dropped the ball on this one. They handled GH5 really well (preordered it for delivery and it arrived on release day), I thought the same would happen with TB:RB, but when I saw this morning that the status of my order was still "Out of stock, will ship when avilable", I drove to Walmart instea and picked up the game.
  • michiganpiemichiganpie Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Sorry to hear of your Best Buy problems - I had just the opposite happen to me - I got mine right away shortly after 10 AM when our Best Buy opened - I was there slightly before 10 and there were 4 or 5 other people there ahead of me - when the doors opened, I just waltzed right in and went to the display they had right in the front of the store, picked one out (PS3), and was the first one at the register to pay for it. I was so desperate for this game, I went out the day before and bought a PS3 just to play it on. It was well worth it - I haven't tried the instrument part yet but I've sung about half the songs on Easy and gotten 5 stars on all of them - going to start trying the career mode later today. Thank you Paul and Ringo and Yoko and Olivia and all the hard working people that made this game possible - it's fab :)
  • BigJAG2004BigJAG2004 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Hey at least you are getting the bundles.

If you lived in Australia, the only thing you can get is the game.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited September 2009
    The Best Buy near me didn't get the extra guitars. I had the employee look them up in the store computer and it said that they're not getting them at all. So I went to EB instead.
    edited September 2009
    A little update for everyone! It seems the PS3 bundle is like nowhere to be found in Toronto (my location), so I'm sucking it up and getting it for 360 instead.

I prefer PS3, but my Beatles fever is getting the best of me. The soonest I would get a PS3 version is Tuesday, and I just can't wait that long so I'm heading over to Best Buy now and getting it for 360. ^^
  • nighthawk2727nighthawk2727 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    To the OP: are you from a big city where running out of stock would be an issue? It doesn't seem like it if there was only one other person in the store with you but I don't get why they wouldn't have it available..
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I'm from Toronto, Ontario. Items run out of stock fast, but that's not the problem. Best Buy is just having issues getting the PS3 bundle, we don't know why. So I'm just buying it for 360, for now.
  • GenovationGenovation Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I wouldn't trust Best Buy. I don't know if they're the best judges of sales, since I sopped in one today and saw dozens of copies of Rock Revolution, but no TB:RB bundles.

If you have the alternative, I'd suggest EB or (shudder) Gamestop to try and help you out, although I've heard that their stock is fairly limited (but only for PS3, oddly enough).
  • PhisioniPhisioni Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I work at a Best Buy, and I'd like to say that my store has about 20 of the limited edition bundles and a good dozen of the special guitars for sale. I'm not sure why it got poorly distributed like this, and there have been a couple emails to our store requesting transfers to other places.

Oh, and as to the horrific claim that we hold Rock Revolution, it's priced at $5 and we still can't get rid of it. Stuck with a product that looked like a great investment to some bigwig in corporate. They could have just asked me and I'd have laughed at them and saved the trouble.
  • SlothySlothy Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Still without the game here too.

Pre-ordered Xbox 360 limited edition bundle from Zavvi.co.uk back in August, they promised delivery on the 9th, but it didn't even ship out till the 10th, and they didn't overnight it so it won't be here until next week.

Very very disappointed.