My opinion of RBTB's vocals on PS3

m85021m85021 Road Warrior
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Wonderful !!!
Nice steady arrow, no lag ~~~ !

HMX, guys, whatever you did for TB's vocals, patch this into RB2 !
I've never cared about voice chat, or msg of the days....
I've only ever wanted a nice steady, non-shaky arrow, and you have one now !!

Patch!! Go!!

Comments

• Chew13accaChew13acca Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I'm actually having an issue with my PS3 mics... Changing "Mic Volume" does nothing. My voice comes out the speakers kinda fuzzy/like i'm overloading myself, annd sensitivity hasn't changed anything yet
  • BreakkingBreakking Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I agree with the steady arrow part especially cause I own a PS3 (Damn jumpy mic!).

But.......

The vocals are completely unforgiving on TBRB. I'm one of the top 60 vocalists on RB2 and I feel like a total amateur on TBRB. I'm 38 years old, I know these songs like the back of my hand and I'm still getting 90% or LESS!?! on some of these songs on expert vocals.

PLEASE HARMONIX:

DONT CHANGE RB'S VOCALS TO THIS!

I have no complaints about the rest of the game though.
  • m85021m85021 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Breakking;3019916 said:
    I agree with the steady arrow part especially cause I own a PS3 (Damn jumpy mic!).

But.......

The vocals are completely unforgiving on TBRB. I'm one of the top 60 vocalists on RB2 and I feel like a total amateur on TBRB. I'm 38 years old, I know these songs like the back of my hand and I'm still getting 90% or LESS!?! on some of these songs on expert vocals.

PLEASE HARMONIX:

Hey, you're entitled to your own opinion, even if it's wrong. ;)
  • onduvalstonduvalst Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    i think the vocals are wonderful on the ps3. i,myself have been using wireless singstar mics and find that the pitch is being detected perfectly. maybe you're to familar with the songs and have been singing them off pitch for 30 years lol old habits are had to break.
  • murfinatormurfinator Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Breakking;3019916 said:

But.......

PLEASE HARMONIX:

I completely agree!

I'm nowhere near as good as you at RB2 vocals ranking at just under 1000 on XBL but cant seem to get that FC! My problem is that for most of my mistakes I haven't the slightest clue as to what I've done wrong. After playing through story mode twice now and recalibrating I'm doing better and have FCed a few songs, but still can not seem to fill the pie that extra 1%:confused: at the stupidest of times.

The Pie also can be hard to see with the coloring and any kind of combo blocking the view.

But w/e just having vocal practice will make up for the above in time and I'm having fun any way.
  • ArothmanMusicArothmanMusic Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    What mics work with the PS3 besides the ones that come with RB? Looking for others in case I have friends over some time.
    edited September 2009
    ArothmanMusic;3019994 said:
    What mics work with the PS3 besides the ones that come with RB? Looking for others in case I have friends over some time.
    Any USB mics, along with the Singstar mics.
    edited September 2009
    murfinator;3019970 said:

The Pie also can be hard to see with the coloring and any kind of combo blocking the view.
    I'm not asking for TB's visual aspect to be patched. Just the engine.
    Ever tried Shacklers, or Rob-the-prezident(?) on Expert PS3? It's a nightmare. And I have my platinum mic. I'm absolutely positive RB:TB's engine is better.
  • BreakkingBreakking Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I can and have GS/FC'd Shacklers and Rob-the-Prezodent on PS3 but these Beatles songs are CRUSHING me. You can go check http://www.keldon.net/rockband/ for a list of my scores. PSN handle: Breakking
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I love the vocals engine on here! Now if only my 3rd party mics didn't completely suck....
  • pupsdaddypupsdaddy Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    While the rest of the instruments are considerably easier in this game, I'm really surprised at how difficult the vocals are to nail...

AND I FREAKING LOVE IT!

My biggest complaint about RB and RB2 is that the vocals are way too forgiving. Seriously, just not much of a challenge there unless it's a song I truly don't know -- meanwhile, my band mates are getting their butts kicked on their parts. It didn't seem very fair.

Now I really have to work at a good score and pay attention to what I'm doing, just as if it were a (gasp) video game. A lot of my problems stem from the way I'm used to singing these songs, which is sometimes different than what is actually on the recording. Not drastically different, but enough that the arrow doesn't line up. I'm having to re-learn some songs, which is just fine by me.
  • Sambo110Sambo110 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I've only played 10-20 songs singing on RB2 (compared to the hundreds, maybe thousands on drums and guitar), but after singing a couple in the Beatles I can easily notice that singing is heaps better. RB3 better have singing this good!
  • beingmusedbeingmused Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Breakking;3019916 said:

But.......

They did not "change" the vocal system in any significant way.

Here's what I suspect is the problem: when you know a song too well, and have been singing along with it on your own for years and years, it can be a detriment if you're slightly off, or if you're used to singing one harmony and not what the game considers the main line, or whatever. Many skilled vocalists have FCed the entire game already, so it certainly hasn't been made too hard - the songs are just challenging, and you might have to spend some time in the vocal trainer mode to get used to them.