Rock Blog Tuesday 07/17/07

edited August 2007 in Announcements
Wow these forums are really picking up. It used to be I could come in and read through what was posted overnight pretty quickly, not anymore. And for the most part there is really a lot of good conversations happening. That rules!

A couple of things- first of all the servers for this site will be going down for a few hours tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday 7/18) into the early evening while we get everything to the new site. Right around the same time the site comes back up we will be participating in the Xfire chat so it 'll be a busy day.

We set up a Myspace page for the game as well. Friend us! It's just one more step in our plans to cover the planet in Rock Band.

Blogs! Today we have two. The first is from Canfield who talks about the importance of playtesting (and the effect the game has on our playtesters.) The second one is from Leo who teaches you how to make stuff out of other stuff really cheaply - this week he helps you plan your ninja costume!

Canfield playtests everything.

Leo wants to know what hunts ninjas.

Comments

  • edited July 2007
    TheTogfather;16367 said:

    Game is actually done and to be in stores next Tuesday! I'm right aren't I?
    Even better- the game came out yesterday and it is the first product to use invisible packaging! Enjoy! ;)
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Sounds like everyone just loves this game, and I cannot blame them. All those playtesters are so lucky, I wish I could get a few hours to play through Rock Band, that would be awesome!

    Nice myspace page, I really like the "Heroes" section, does that reveal some bands that may make their way into Rock Band? I sure hope so! Led Zeppelin, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Rage against the machine, Audioslave, Heart, Smashing Pumpkins, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Pearl Jam, the list goes on... I hope basically all of those people make it into the game eventually whether on the actual disc or through DLC!

    I'm looking forward to the X-fire chat, I signed up for X-fire and the chat yesterday, when do we know if we are actually signed up for it? Also how do we get to live chats? I've never used X-fire before.
  • edited July 2007
    ThePaska;16466 said:

    I'm looking forward to the X-fire chat, I signed up for X-fire and the chat yesterday, when do we know if we are actually signed up for it? Also how do we get to live chats? I've never used X-fire before.
    I'm not actually sure! I think you'd have to ask them, we are merely guests. If I find anything out, though, I'll let you know.

    From the site-

    "If you win a spot in the Chat, you will receive an email from Xfire between 24 and 48 hours before the Live Chat takes place. Follow the instructions in the email to participate."
  • edited July 2007
    I hope you've got a well trained monkey transcribing the xfire chat for the site.

    Monkeys need work also.
  • edited July 2007
    So we can finally start using the Rockband Army logo I made for Kendall to use on the GH Army Myspace page??
  • NorrenRaddNorrenRadd Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    TheTogfather;16367 said:
    I'm finding it eerily su****ious that the servers are due up at...
    testing... ****


    Edit: interesting, I won't take it any further.
  • edited July 2007
    shotgun top friend on myspace! lol

    While I'm posting here I may as well ask if you (Sean), or anyone else, has seen the movie Wild Zero?

    It's an awesome, awesome movie that really can't be described in words, but check out this site for info on it.

    A lot of zombies, and a lot of rocking... how can you go wrong?

    EDIT: that site isn't entirely work safe, but it's not too bad.
  • edited July 2007
    sa_nick;16528 said:


    While I'm posting here I may as well ask if you (Sean), or anyone else, has seen the movie Wild Zero?
    It is fair to say this is one of our (Harmonix Hive Mind) favorite movies. Everything about it makes us happy. The fact that by the end of the movie they make fire come out of anything that could possibly have a hole in it is amazing.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    hmxsean;16486 said:
    I'm not actually sure! I think you'd have to ask them, we are merely guests. If I find anything out, though, I'll let you know.

    From the site-

    "If you win a spot in the Chat, you will receive an email from Xfire between 24 and 48 hours before the Live Chat takes place. Follow the instructions in the email to participate."
    Oh ok cool, thanks for figuring that out for me, I better get an e-mail, I'm really looking forward to being able to chat with you guys.

    EDIT: yes, I got the email I will be looking forward to asking some questions tomorrow, 7pm EDT!
  • AdamBomb629AdamBomb629 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    HMXsean, do you think you can comment on what the pre-order "bundle" contains?
  • PhiromosPhiromos Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    thatd be a great help..but its not happening..remember...invisible packaging..haha....i need to get my hands on the invisible plastic...i NEEED to play this invisible RB game!!!
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    ThePaska;16582 said:
    Oh ok cool, thanks for figuring that out for me, I better get an e-mail, I'm really looking forward to being able to chat with you guys.

    EDIT: yes, I got the email I will be looking forward to asking some questions tomorrow, 7pm EDT!
    damn better check out my email
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    I'll be sure to let all those super fine chicks that have been messaging me know that Rock Band has a MySpace now... (wait.. what? they're not real?? ........ *long silence*......)
  • edited July 2007
    hmxsean;16541 said:
    It is fair to say this is one of our (Harmonix Hive Mind) favorite movies. Everything about it makes us happy. The fact that by the end of the movie they make fire come out of anything that could possibly have a hole in it is amazing.
    Well that's good to hear. If you'd never heard of it I would probably have to leave the forums and boycott Rock Band.
  • travmeatwadtravmeatwad Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Got an email about the chat tomorrow.. Can't wait. Haha.
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    hmxsean;16541 said:
    our (Harmonix Hive Mind)
    AHA! So THAT'S how you guys are such kick-ass developers! The truth comes out finally...

    Is it just some sort of selective evolution thing, or do you each get some kind of implant during your new employee orientation?
  • edited July 2007
    People are only hired after extensive MRI and EEG readings to determine maximum compatibility. We also get these neat red jumpsuits!
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    hmxsean;17133 said:
    People are only hired after extensive MRI and EEG readings to determine maximum compatibility. We also get these neat red jumpsuits!
    Do you fight crime by night?
  • edited July 2007
    My guess is that they do not want someone of my age.
    I sent the chat request email last week and never heard back from them.

    Have fun. I'll read the transcript if it becomes available.
  • edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;17139 said:
    Do you fight crime by night?
    Fight it? We make it.
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    hmxsean;17174 said:
    Fight it? We make it.
    The only crime you've committed is the theft of thousands of lives to guitar hero. That's grand larceny.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    I was a little disappointed with the chat tonight (besides the fact I didn't win a free version of rock band), With so many questions getting asked it was impossible to really get to all the good ones. I felt it was a bit of a poor way to go about a Q and A session.

    That small problem aside, I really enjoyed the chat. It was fun, and I'm glad I got to do it. Nothing major was revealed, and I didn't really expect it to be. It was still nice, and we got some cool feedback from a few select people at Harmonix, which is more than most people get to say. Very cool, I've never got to do anything like that before. Nice job Sean, you handled all those difficult questions well :D
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    DAMNIT!!!!!!!! I didn't get invited :(
    I feel like the fat kid who got picked last in kickball games.... :'(
  • JB4GDIJB4GDI Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    ThePaska;17454 said:
    I was a little disappointed with the chat tonight (besides the fact I didn't win a free version of rock band), With so many questions getting asked it was impossible to really get to all the good ones. I felt it was a bit of a poor way to go about a Q and A session.

    That small problem aside, I really enjoyed the chat. It was fun, and I'm glad I got to do it. Nothing major was revealed, and I didn't really expect it to be. It was still nice, and we got some cool feedback from a few select people at Harmonix, which is more than most people get to say. Very cool, I've never got to do anything like that before. Nice job Sean, you handled all those difficult questions well :D
    Does anyone happen to have the transcript? I'd love to see what got talked about since I didn't get invited either.

    -Jaime
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited July 2007
    Argh, goddamnit, I missed the chat session! :(
  • edited July 2007
    JB4GDI;17888 said:
    Does anyone happen to have the transcript? I'd love to see what got talked about since I didn't get invited either.

    -Jaime
    I was told their would be a transcript from Xfire. I'll post a link when it goes up.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    hmxsean;18018 said:
    I was told their would be a transcript from Xfire. I'll post a link when it goes up.
    I think the transcript is up, benjamin posted it: http://www.rockband.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=1770
  • SmidgetSmidget Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    hmxsean;16255 said:
    Wow these forums are really picking up. It used to be I could come in and read through what was posted overnight pretty quickly, not anymore. And for the most part there is really a lot of good conversations happening. That rules!

    I was thinking the exact same thing
  • edited August 2007
    Just added you guys. lol.

    Sorry, I was gone (from July 8 to the 28) and I didn't check the previous blogs.

    I'm Toasty!, accept me.
Sign In or Register to comment.