Strumming the same note/chord really fast

HyeJinx1984HyeJinx1984 Road Warrior
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I play expert guitar almost exclusively in RB. It's my thing. But one thing I absolutely hate about my thing is THIS thing: When a there's a series of notes or chords that are exactly the same thing and complete up each others butt in a long line. Presumably you're supposed to strum like a mad man to get through this. However, nothing works... I've tried just strumming extremely fast, all that does is make me keep hitting the nearly invisible empty spaces between these notes and breaking my streak... and if I force myself to get slower, I miss a lot of notes... really there's no good way to do this, and all that goes through my mind is "Great, thanks a lot Harmonix" anytime this kind of thing occurs...

NOW...

In the song Back in the USSR, there is that solo that is nothing but one of these things. When I saw it come up I just kind of grit my teeth and began strumming up and down super fast. But a crazy thing happened... I got to the end of that and it said I made "98%"... I couldn't believe. I'm usually lucky to get 50% or MAYBE 75% in normal RB if something like this comes up... but here, I nearly got all of them and that was from just strumming up and down super fast.

So I'm wondering, did anyone else experience this, and also, is this something new for TB:RB? Did they make the shredding parts more lenient now where if you just strum as hard as you can during them you'll get almost a hundred percent? I really hope so, as that is something I was hoping they'd do for a while...

Comments