TB:RB $39.99 @ Micro Center

Major_BuckeyeMajor_Buckeye Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I posted this in the Beatles page, but I'm guessing 99.9% of the people reading there already own the game.

In-store only. Link provided below:

http://f.microcentermail.com//asbs/servlet/WebContView?C=16185384&R=1468380334&K=ofee&BrCs=498&BrCg=16185384&BrRc=1468380334

Comments

• kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Not a bad deal, but I think I'll wait for a lower price. (Hell, if Target lowers it to $50, I'll use my giftcard and get it for $30, might be good enough for me)
  • Major_BuckeyeMajor_Buckeye Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    kitlerc;3020938 said:
    Not a bad deal, but I think I'll wait for a lower price. (Hell, if Target lowers it to $50, I'll use my giftcard and get it for $30, might be good enough for me)
    See if Target will price-match the Micro Center offer....
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    I'm not driving up to Paterson, NJ just to save a few bucks. No thanks.
    edited September 2009
    Major_Buckeye;3020944 said:
    See if Target will price-match the Micro Center offer....
    Most stores don't do price matching anymore
    edited September 2009
    kitlerc;3020972 said:
    Most stores don't do price matching anymore
    Really? That sucks. I'm actually just about to head over to Best Buy on lunch to see if they will do it. I'll let you know if it works.
    edited September 2009
    Scratch what I just said. I looked it up and apparently Target does price match. But only to competitor's printed ads. So no printed online offers, has to come from the newspaper I guess. Oh well
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Mega-Tallica;3020951 said:
    I'm not driving up to Paterson, NJ just to save a few bucks. No thanks.
    Where are you in Jersey? I printed out the ad and tried to get price matches from Best Buy, Target, and Wal-Mart in Howell, and Best Buy, Target, and Wal-Mart in Brick. The Best Buy manager in Howell said they'd match if Microcenter was a little closer to them.

Shot down at all of them except the Wal-Mart in Brick who gave me a price match. Got it for $40 last night. Love the game.
    edited September 2009
    Flan26;3021074 said:
    Where are you in Jersey? I printed out the ad and tried to get price matches from Best Buy, Target, and Wal-Mart in Howell, and Best Buy, Target, and Wal-Mart in Brick. The Best Buy manager in Howell said they'd match if Microcenter was a little closer to them.

Shot down at all of them except the Wal-Mart in Brick who gave me a price match. Got it for $40 last night. Love the game.
    What was target's reason for not doing the price match? Did you print the e-mail out or did you have a printed ad from like a newspaper?
  • ChessPieceFaceChessPieceFace Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I heard about the ad from CheapAssGamer.com, and was able to price match at Best Buy. The first BB wouldn't do it, because they called the closest Microcenter (Tustin, CA, about 30 miles away) and found they were out of stock. But the second didn't bat an eye, and matched my printout without any questions.

So, now I have the Beatles game. I didn't really intend to do that, but heck, I'm a sucker for a bargain and for Rock Band...
    edited September 2009
    kitlerc;3021012 said:
    Scratch what I just said. I looked it up and apparently Target does price match. But only to competitor's printed ads. So no printed online offers, has to come from the newspaper I guess. Oh well
    Very successful trip. Props to David at the Morse Road Best Buy in Columbus, OH, who authorized the Price Match to $39.99. Then I had to take that one next door to Gamestop to get a full refund on my original purchase there. Gamestop wouldn't Price Match but would refund an unopened box.
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    kitlerc;3021092 said:
    What was target's reason for not doing the price match? Did you print the e-mail out or did you have a printed ad from like a newspaper?
    I had the two page print-out from the website. I told them it was an email. They said they needed to see an actual flyer from the store. I told them this store didn't do flyers, just email and online ads.

The first Target said they wouldn't match with what I had. The second Target was almost a score for me because they had 3 people deliberating it, then they called over a manager who was confused, but thinking about it. He literally had his finger on the Price Override button on the register, but the fat kid behind him excitedly pointed out that the policy on the "Terms Of Price Matching" card said that it needed to be a print ad from a competing store. Which the manager interpreted and explained as "Needs to be a Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Circuit Ci-- oh wait. Um, a department store."

No amount of convincing from me was going to get him to change his mind with his crew of overweight smugness behind him.
  • evillvievillvi Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    i went to the walmart website and found this...

"Pricing and Content Information

While Walmart.com strives to provide accurate pricing information, pricing or strive to maintain highly competitive prices and review them regularly in order to serve you with great values, every day.
  • core321core321 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Ugh! I went to a Best Buy in Quakertown, PA and I got the ok for the Price Match. My wife was also shopping and I asked if I can wait to see if she is getting something as well. I went around with my wife and the person came to me and said that her manager saw the ad and said that the nearest Micro Center is over 30 miles and that she could not price match it.

If my wife was not there, I would of had it for $40 because the salesperson was going to ring it up right there. :(
  • WeeezyWeeezy Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    You should have haggled with the manager. Quakertown is only 30 miles from Philly. The Micro center in St. Davids just outside philly and a notch from 202 at that. Bastards!

But thank you for the post. I'll be swinging by Microcenter later on to pick up a copy and maybe a guitar too.
  • core321core321 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Weeezy;3026935 said:
    You should have haggled with the manager. Quakertown is only 30 miles from Philly. The Micro center in St. Davids just outside philly and a notch from 202 at that. Bastards!

But thank you for the post. I'll be swinging by Microcenter later on to pick up a copy and maybe a guitar too.
    I should have...But... I did get a price match at the Best Buy in Montgomeryville. The manager did say that Micro Center is not one of their majoe competitors, but I will do it for you.. :)

Thanks to the OP for this price find... :)
  • mantrasmantras Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Microcenter has restocked and most stores have many copies now at $39.99 for anyone still interested that doesn't have it. A friend is splitting it with me so he can come over and play:) $20 if def worth it to me.