Didn't buy the Rickenbaker... mistake? (Who bought it?)

RMThompsonRMThompson Opening Act
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
So I had the Rickenbacker pre-ordered but couldn't bring myself to spend $100 bucks on a plastic guitar. (I already have the game with a full RB2 set and just bought the Stereo Remasters.)

For those of you that HAVE the Rickenbacker, is it THAT much of a difference between it and the RB2 guitar? I imagine it's pretty cool, but playability wise, I'm assuming they are identical.

Comments

• Minots59Minots59 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Well, I got the Gretsch and all I can say it is definitely worth it. There really isn't much of a difference but it just feels much more authentic.
  • MikeSigMikeSig Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I also have the Gretsch, and there isn't much difference between it and the standard RB2 strat (although I think the strum bar may be slightly improved). However, it is so gorgeous that I honestly think it was worth the $100 upgrade (to me, at least).
  • jay4428jay4428 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I got the Gretsch and it is definitely worth it. As a side note, I've always wanted a real Bigsby Duo Jet but its a little out of my price range. So for now this will have to do! :D
  • PezzersPezzers Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I have a Rickenbacker and it's absolutely gorgeous. I felt like a kid at Christmas opening the box with my mom (who is a gigantic Beatles fan). My only complaint is it kinda cuts into my wrist where my hand rests on it, but I just need to get a wristband or something and problem fixed!

It's got a nice weight to it and the frets/strum bar are virtually silent.
  • ElvisChapelGuyElvisChapelGuy Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I bought everything and love them all.
  • ReaverReaver Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I got the Rick and the Gretsch but I've only tried the Rick. Its fantastic. I noticed a substantial difference in accuracy between this and my ****ty RB2 guitar. And since I've been using my RB1 guitar for 2 1/2 years now, this is an improvement. I'm gonna give my Gretsch a try toady.
  • JBaczanskiJBaczanski Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I always used the GH guitar and there is a huge difference, at least for me there is. I feel faster playing with a RB instrument.
  • YTheMadHatterYYTheMadHatterY Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I picked up the Rickenbacker and played through the game with it. I would say that so far, between a RB2 controller and the Rickenbacker, the difference is 5% physical and 95% mental. With very few exceptions the Rickenbacker handles the same as a RB2 controller. I believe the biggest change made was a slight delay in the Rickenbacker's hardware for the start and directional buttons. This change was made intentionally to reduce the likelihood of accidentally pressing the buttons during play. Otherwise, the difference is going to be how the guitar feels and how you feel playing it. I, for one, do not regret the purchase.