Questions / Opinions / Suggestions about the game & Hofner bass

eqbrateqbrat Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
First off, I love the Hofner bass. I am a tall guy and pretty much play the bass exclusively. I love the longer neck, which is so much more comfortable than the strat. The strummer is very precise and has a much better feel than the original RB2 guitar. It seems to be a much higher quality instrument.

Question 1: Is there anyway to increase the sensitivity of the tilt sensor on the Hofner Bass?

My only complaint is that the tilt sensor on my Hofner appears to be very picky. I have to seriously swing the guitar up and down frantically sometimes to get the overdrive to kick in. It is becoming rather annoying not being able to go into overdrive at will. If anyone knows how to adjust or mod this, I would appreciate any advice.

Question 2: Is there a way to import the Beatles songs into the Rockband 2 game?

I am enjoying the Beatles game so far, but it would be nice to be able to play all of the tracks in Rockband 2 as well.

Question 3: Is there anyway to change or toggle the Beatles note bubbles/color scheme and gameplay fret bar to look like the one from Rockband 2?

It can be very difficult to see the notes sometimes. The colors are much softer and quite muted, which makes them difficult to see especially when going into overdrive (Beatlemania) as the gameplay fret bar gets so busy with animations and other colors. The "strike" animation which indicates a note is hit correctly is almost impossible to see also, regardless of what's going on on the screen. I'll be cruising along and notice the multiplier had reset at some point, but have no idea where or when I missed a note. It would be a very useful and appreciated feature if there were a way to toggle between the Rockband 2 color scheme and the Beatles color scheme.

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions with these issues.

Comments

• ElvisChapelGuyElvisChapelGuy Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    All of the new guitars appear to have had tilt improvements, meaning it is harder to make them go off accidentally. What I have found is that you just have to hold it tilted for about 2 seconds to get it to go off, as opposed to swinging it up and down. I actually like it better this way.

I do agree that it is very hard to see the notes sometimes. You get used to it. But, as soon as you play Rock Band and then go back to play TBRB, you need to readjust.
  • HazyCloudHazyCloud Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Also TB:RB songs are not exportable. As of now, this is the only game you'll need to switch discs if you want to play RB2.
  • GillyanneGillyanne Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    also for your (1), isn't there a button on the guitar (one of the ones that acts like the volume, tone etc) that you can press while in play to go into overdrive instead of using the tilt? I'm playing on Wii, but last night playing, I rested my hand a little too much and ended up accidentally hitting a button and it going into overdrive. I forget which instrument i was playing, but i'd guess it'd be the same on all three. Without looking at the guitar (I don't know the layout well enough to do it by memory) I'm not 100% sure which button it was.
  • WildSubnetWildSubnet Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Back button I believe. I noticed on a standard RB2 guitar it takes much more swing to get Beatlemania active. I don't think it's a guitar thing but rather a game mechanic.
  • BookerBooker Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    With regard to the overdrive, I had similar problems with my RB1 Guitar. The way I managed to get it to be a bit more reliable was by bringing the guitar down till it is almost horizontal and then lifting it up and that seemed to set off the overdrive.

Not sure if it is still the same for the newer controllers but it might be worth a shot.
  • GillyanneGillyanne Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Booker;3021261 said:
    With regard to the overdrive, I had similar problems with my RB1 Guitar. The way I managed to get it to be a bit more reliable was by bringing the guitar down till it is almost horizontal and then lifting it up and that seemed to set off the overdrive.

Not sure if it is still the same for the newer controllers but it might be worth a shot.
    it probably does. I was playing the hofner using the buttons at the bottom of the neck since my arm was getting tired (i'm tiny, so the length of the neck is a bit of a stretch) and using them there, caused me to hold it tilted more vertical than horizontal and the overdrive sometimes would kick in automatically as soon as it was ready due to the tilt I had it w/o moving it. so b/c of that, I started to try to make sure I held it more horizontal so it wouldn't do that.