If you had to select only one part of the game where you went "Oh damn that's cool"

Chew13accaChew13acca Opening Act
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
...mine would be that final Triple Fab in "The End".

Where they all sing the same pitch then jump and spread out.

It looks like a flower blooming, and I saw it and went " THATS SO COOL"

Thank you Harmonix. My $250 were excellently spent.

Comments

• carididdycarididdy Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    What Pezel said! LOL
  • MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I played through story mode last night - I usually play on vocals but for Helter Skelter I felt it necessary to switch to drums. Glad I did - when Ringo throws up his hands and shouts "I've got blisters on my fingers!!" I busted out laughing.
  • JBaczanskiJBaczanski Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I love the way the dreamscape begins in Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows. The floor and walls turn black then it looks as if the studio breaks away. Just was done very well. The entire game is just eye candy. Love it!
  • Minots59Minots59 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Ringo shouting "I've got blista's on ma fingas!", the sudden cut off for I Want You (She's So Heavy), and the outro video when completing the career mode. Oh and I really liked the video for Hello Goodbye when they're all dancing around hehe.
  • Aragorn123Aragorn123 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Definitely the outro cutscene. The art style in that video is even more amazing than the intro! My jaw was on the floor the entire time, and when Paul started singing "And in the end..." I started to tear up a bit. Such a beautiful end to the game.
  • CaptendoCaptendo Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Playing Helter Skelter, all by myself, on guitar and vocals.
    Just so amazing.

But the whole game is awesome, so it's pretty hard to speak of just one part.
    PS=I'm not joking here: I did Helter Skelter ten minutes ago and I DO have blisters because of how much strong I played the guitar. So freaking cool pals!
  • RADIO CHRISRADIO CHRIS Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Seeing the characters from the Yellow Submarine in one of the story cinematics
  • oRabbitoRabbit Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    The intro video when you turn the game on...
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited September 2009
    "Oh damn that's cool" = my reaction to Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds and it's dreamscape.
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    Aragorn123;3021198 said:
    Definitely the outro cutscene. The art style in that video is even more amazing than the intro! My jaw was on the floor the entire time, and when Paul started singing "And in the end..." I started to tear up a bit. Such a beautiful end to the game.
    this was definitely it for me.Absolutely Stunning.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I played "I Want You" on guitar and vocals in Quickplay (rooftop venue). I thought the cop in the street was a nice touch. And I love how right near the end of the song, after that killer long outro (one of my fave riffs EVER), the screen started to get a little blurry. It wasn't much, but it was awesome.
  • JormJorm Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    SonicRocker15X;3021461 said:
    "Oh damn that's cool" = my reaction to Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds and it's dreamscape.
    Yep, me too.
  • DraginiteDraginite Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Definitely the Come Together dreamscape. I was playing vocals and got to this part:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEMkem6qmfc#t=3m11s

I just stopped playing and was like "Oh wow. That's cool."
  • Rute86Rute86 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Minots59;3021192 said:
    Ringo shouting "I've got blista's on ma fingas!", the sudden cut off for I Want You (She's So Heavy), and the outro video when completing the career mode. Oh and I really liked the video for Hello Goodbye when they're all dancing around hehe.
    I liked the dancing at the end of the Hello Goodbye too, it's pretty much just like the end of the actual music video.
  • dragonflyrdragonflyr Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    the chapter cut scenes just blow me away. and i'm only half way thru ... meaning, i stopped right before the studio years and the dreamscapes. so, i have a feeling i am going to be completely blown away tonight!!! can't wait to get home!!
  • mlucifersammlucifersam Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    For me it has to be hearing that 10 minutes or so of studio chat that you hear when you complete the story mode and the credits roll. Some of it does get repeated near the end and bits are from the song intros but there's loads of stuff I'd not heard anywhere else in the game.

And yeah, that Story mode outro cut scene is gobsmacking!!
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Hard to choose, but those chapter intros blew my mind. In particular when the zooming planes formed the Union Jack.
  • EdgeheadEdgehead Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    For some reason, both me and my friend got really excited when Jeremy drops down at the end of the cutscene before the "Hey Bulldog" set.
  • jay4428jay4428 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Select one?!?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!?
  • edited September 2009
    Aragorn123;3021198 said:
    100% agreed. I love that cinematic. probably one of the most beautiful things I've seen in a game. I know I'm biased but seriously.
  • vcalzonevcalzone Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Mine is probably the realization that my group harmonies worked as well as I could have hoped, but that isn't really a moment from the game.

If I picked a moment from the game, it would probably have to be either the awesome creepiness of I Am The Walrus or watching some girl try to run onto the field at Shea Stadium. That was fun.
  • vertrothevertrothe Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Captendo;3021212 said:
    PS=I'm not joking here: I did Helter Skelter ten minutes ago and I DO have blisters because of how much strong I played the guitar. So freaking cool pals!
    Exact same experience here! The way the song is charted, and how intensely you have to watch everything, I found myself with the beginnings of a blister on my left index and ring fingers. It was all too easy to shout "I've got blisters on my fingers!" and really mean it.

I also agree with other posters - the way the game closes on the harmonies in 'The End' really does bring a tear to the eye.
  • Skexy42Skexy42 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I clearly need to take a step back as I run through many of the songs again. I'm not that great of a fake musician to begin with and I went through story mode doing guitar and vocals; so a lot of the great visuals during the music passed me by as I was lost in the music with my eyes trying to keep track of both the vocal bits and the guitarish bits.
  • Young BloodlustYoung Bloodlust Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" dreamscape.
  • JMaqIsYourHeroJMaqIsYourHero Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    If I had to pick one (and clearly that's the stipulation), I think it would be the end of I Want You (She's So Heavy). I've worked as a projectionist before, and seeing the sky start to ghost as the song lumbered on gave me flashbacks. It helped give the song that creeping tension that the film is just going to snap any second now. And it did. And I lost my breath.

As much as I know it couldn't be the case, that you have to end on a happy note with "I hope we passed the audition" and an ending cinematic and an encore, if the game just cut from that empty black screen to credits I think I would have burst into tears. When used as a metaphor for the Beatles themselves, that song is incredibly powerful.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    The intro I almost teared. Yellow Submarine was super cool and then gold stars for a bonus. I tihnk it was Walrus where all of a sudden one of them is playing a big white organ. Amazing. I'm not even much of a Beatles fan but I can't wait to play it when I get home.
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    When I messed up on a song in Bass and hit Retry and Paul went "Woah, got a bit of a hand cramp there" (or something very similar) and it restarted
  • pupsdaddypupsdaddy Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Aragorn123;3021198 said:
    Damn, you beat me to it. I was also getting a bit misty-eyed once the singing started. That whole outro video is the highlight of the game, and with the song in there with it.... wow.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    JMaqIsYourHero;3022319 said:
    As much as I know it couldn't be the case, that you have to end on a happy note with "I hope we passed the audition" and an ending cinematic and an encore, if the game just cut from that empty black screen to credits I think I would have burst into tears. When used as a metaphor for the Beatles themselves, that song is incredibly powerful.
    Well said, good sir. I choked up a couple times in the last few minutes of "I Want You". Is it longer in the game than on the album? It sure feels like it is, and it's awesome.
  • wiejamancowiejamanco Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Pezell04x;3021129 said:
    I am the Walrus dreamscape was the first of few times I screwed up on guitar because I stopped playing to watch lol
    That was one of them for me, especially since I'm familiar with the music video that was played on T.V. a few weeks ago.