Usb hub?

kingbingykingbingy Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
So I bought The Beatles: Rock Band Special Value Edition for Xbox 360 Yesterday and I can't find the USB it supposedly it comes with.

Includes The Beatles: Rock Band software, Rock Band guitar, Rock Band drum kit, microphone, USB hub and guitar strap

Anyone else having this problem? I know what a USB HUB looks like, but no where in the boxes.

I just hate to have to box everything up and bring back to Bestbuy.

Comments

• HazyCloudHazyCloud Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Man, don't take it back because of a less than 10 dollar item. You can get better hubs for cheap.
  • ArothmanMusicArothmanMusic Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Does a USB 1.0 hub work with this stuff? I have a PS3 and an old 1.0 hub hanging around somewhere in a box from my old G4...
  • HazyCloudHazyCloud Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    ArothmanMusic;3021171 said:
    Does a USB 1.0 hub work with this stuff? I have a PS3 and an old 1.0 hub hanging around somewhere in a box from my old G4...
    Man, that's a good question. Since 1.0 sends data so much slower, I'd go with no.
  • varsasvarsas Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    kingbingy;3021158 said:
    So I bought The Beatles: Rock Band Special Value Edition for Xbox 360 Yesterday and I can't find the USB it supposedly it comes with.

Includes The Beatles: Rock Band software, Rock Band guitar, Rock Band drum kit, microphone, USB hub and guitar strap

Anyone else having this problem? I know what a USB HUB looks like, but no where in the boxes.

I just hate to have to box everything up and bring back to Bestbuy.
    Is there a gap in your guitar packaging? I bought a standalone guitar for my Wii and it would be obvious if a component was missing.
  • kingbingykingbingy Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Not the point of it being a $10 part. I just want to make sure if this happening, they need to be aware. The box looks like it was never opened. Plus I already paid $140 for this kit, no reason to pay an extra $10 for a hub that is suppose to be in there.
  • GillyanneGillyanne Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    ok are you talking about the usb that wirelessly connects the guitar? if you got the hub, maybe it's both? I know that's how it is for TB:RB instruments. The white box acts as the wireless, but then also has 2 usb ports.

But then again, maybe i'm just reading your question competely wrong, and since I don't have any RB experience outside of TB:RB I'm not familiar w/ the other hardwares
    edited September 2009
    So I called EA and was told that since the Guitar is Wireless they have not including the USB HUB. I asked why it that listed on the box and he said he was not sure. No biggie, but they should fix that.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9464073&st=beatles+rockland+box+360&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1218109566945
  • GillyanneGillyanne Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    kingbingy;3021289 said:
    So I called EA and was told that since the Guitar is Wireless they have not including the USB HUB. I asked why it that listed on the box and he said he was not sure. No biggie, but they should fix that.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9464073&st=beatles+rockland+box+360&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1218109566945
    ok yeah, I read wrong. I assumed when you listed the "includes" you were listing what you pulled out of your box, but you were listing what was listed as what you should have had.

sucks the way they do it now. do you have a big lots? I've gotta a few little USB hubs there, just small 4 port hubs. I'm currently using one just as an extention so the boxes for the guitars don't sit funny. Seems to work fine on my wii. I think I got it for 6 bux, and it's nice and small, so it can move w/ the game/hardware easily.
  • NightmarezNightmarez Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    my value pack had the hub... it was in the same cardboard packaging that held the mic in the big box, it is in a smaller brown cardboard box... and it is included more for the wired mics than the guitar.
    edited September 2009
    Really don't need it. But would have been nice to have. I've seen them on ebay and or Newegg for under $5.00. so no biggie.
    edited September 2009
    Nightmarez;3021310 said:
    my value pack had the hub... it was in the same cardboard packaging that held the mic in the big box, it is in a smaller brown cardboard box...
    HMM, do you have the wireless Guitar?
    edited September 2009
    edited September 2009
    hmm, I guess I will go to Best Buy and open a box to see if it is in there. Was yours for a XBOX, PS3 or WII.Also, did you just get the Beatles Edition?
    edited September 2009
    Beatles Special Value Edition PS3
  • DannDann Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Gotta say, I don't get the way this was packaged for the value edition.

Two of my friends got the Value Edition for PS3. Same Time. Same Store (Best Buy). One had a wired Guitar, Drums and USB Hub, the other had the RB2 Wireless Drums, Wireless Guitar and no Hub.

I mean, is it just a crapshoot on whether or not you get the better Guitar & Drums? My buddy who got the Wired Stuff returned it and got another - repeat process 3 times - until he got the wireless kits. One actually had a wireless Guitar and wired Drums and no Hub.

The Best Buy has now opened all packages for the Value Edition and labelled each as Wired or Wireless to avoid the annoyance of repeat returns (there were a lot day 1).

My advice is this:

If you don't need the Hofner Bass (I'm not crazy about the feel of it) but want the RB2 Beatles Drum Kit - sell the Bass on Ebay. They're going for around $130 + Shipping. You Essentially now get the Mic, Stand, Drums and Game Software for $120 - which is a steal.

If you just want the Game and the Mic Stand (as I did), sell both the Bass and Drums and you'll easily get $220 between the two. If you don't mind the tiny bit of work in listing and shipping, you basically are getting the Game, Mic and Stand for $30... Maybe less. Those Hofner Bass' can't sell fast enough online since they only come in the Limited Edition Bundle.
    edited September 2009
    Hmm that is what I got.
    "One actually had a wireless Guitar and wired Drums and no Hub. "
    Didn't know they actually had the wireless Drums.

Will def be going to bestbuy now.
    edited September 2009
    This is BS. So I go too Best Buy, and bought another one. (As I left the one I bought yesterday home) (as they would not let me open the boxes there) so I went to the parking lot and no Hub or wireless Drums. After three times, I was like screw it. Even though wireless drums would have been nice.
  • cl0ckw0rkcl0ckw0rk Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I ran into the same issue. The hub is missing. Got the wireless guitar, wired drums & mic.