question on harmonies

NumanoidNumanoid Opening Act
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Can you choose to sing only a harmony as opposed to the primary? For instance, let's say I want to sing the Paul part on A Hard Day's Night, can I play bass and then have to sing only the orange part?

I'm thinking no, but can't be sure.

Comments

• greenyfortehwingreenyfortehwin Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Numanoid;3022199 said:
    Can you choose to sing only a harmony as opposed to the primary? For instance, let's say I want to sing the Paul part on A Hard Day's Night, can I play bass and then have to sing only the orange part?

I'm thinking no, but can't be sure.
    You'd be thinking wrong...

CUZ YOU CAN:D
  • NumanoidNumanoid Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Fantastic! How do I do that?

When I pick vocals, I pick harmonies, then how do I select my harmony I want to do?

Maybe I should just read the manual...
  • oRabbitoRabbit Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    We couldn't figure out how to do this because many of the songs have very few harmony parts and you fail out if you're not singing the lead vocal track....
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I think you just decide which part you want to sing and let 'er rip. The game will be able to tell which part you're singing and then score you accordingly.
    edited September 2009
    I see, yes this is right, but then you end up singing the main part and harmonies.
  • oRabbitoRabbit Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Rockox;3022336 said:
    I think you just decide which part you want to sing and let 'er rip. The game will be able to tell which part you're singing and then score you accordingly.
    What do you do when there's no harmony and just a minute of lead vocal...you have to sing it and if you don't, you fail (don't you?). I think the OP want to just sing the harmony without having to fill in when it's just the lead.
  • JohnnygoWalkerJohnnygoWalker Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I couldn't get this to work. I wanted to sing the doo wahh doo parts in Do You Want to Know a Secret. The game wouldn't let me the Fab meter was dropping as I allowed it to skip over the lead vocal parts.
    edited September 2009
    oRabbit;3022398 said:
    What do you do when there's no harmony and just a minute of lead vocal...you have to sing it and if you don't, you fail (don't you?). I think the OP want to just sing the harmony without having to fill in when it's just the lead.
    Yes, that's what I wanted to do, but it doesn't look like I can. If you choose vocals (harmonies) someone will still need to sing the lead part or else you will fail out. Unless it's a song with all harmonies.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Numanoid;3022424 said:
    If you choose vocals (harmonies) someone will still need to sing the lead part or else you will fail out.
    Oh, well that kinda bites, doesn't it?
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, it does bite. I guess I'll have to practice harmonies in practice mode or something.
  • MinimaulMinimaul Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    You can't do just harmonies (or back-up vocals). The lead vocals will always have to be sung or it will fail. It's lead + harmony vocals for extra points. Not pick-and-choose. Only way you'll be able to do back-up type vocals is to have someone already singing then you can play an instrument and sing the harmonies as you wish. That way the lead vocal guy can do the lead vocals (and other parts if he wishes) and you can do just the back-up stuff.

When you have 3 people to fulfill the three parts, then it's up to the user to decide what they want to sing. As long as the main vocal line is sung then no one will fail. Anything beyond that gets you more points. If/when I get to do 3 part harmonies after awhile with whomever I'm singing with we'll decide "okay, you sing the blue line, I'll sing the other color line and he'll sing the last color line." Then we just sing our respective parts.