Utterly Disgraceful.

iruleatantsiruleatants Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Well, after spending 60 dollars and preorder this new Rock Band game, I got it today from the store, and hooked it up. What a absolute failure. I really and honestly cannot import my Rock Band 1/2 songs into Rock Band The Beatles (Or More prefably, Rock Band: The Beatles into Rock Band 2).

The only reason that I choose Rock Band games instead of Guitar Hero is the fact that ALL of my songs are on one disc. So I can enjoy my 500+ song library without taking out Cd's constantly. When I have friends over who do not know the game by heart, they can just browse through the song list and find what they want. We don't play ever game on the disk, and switch to another.

I am sure that many many people will also find this shameful, and I recommend updating the game to add this feature immediately, as it will please most of your audience. There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO NOT HAVE THIS FEATURE.

Comments

• .Remix.Remix Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    It's BEATLES GAME not a ROCK BAND game, you also see theres no other characters, no customizable instruments. Read up before you by a game, and don't come onto a forum crying about It, when you had 3 months to know this.

Jesus christ.
  • LinkStrifeLeonhartLinkStrifeLeonhart Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Cool beans.

It has been known for months that the game wouldn't import at all. So if you had just researched a bit you'd find that out and not waste your money. As for me, I am a miffed that there is no exporting but at least it seems to only be TBRB since leaks have stated that Lego: RB will export.
  • KaYotiXKaYotiX Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Sorry but this was known since day one.....do research.

also first post so i think its a lame troll also.....
  • Punk_Floyd76Punk_Floyd76 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    not sure if you're a troll, but I'll bite. It was well known that it would not import, so I lol at you for thinking differently. 2nd, The Beatles didn't want the tracks to export, are you saying you wanted harmonix to say no to the beatles? Pretty ignorant statement. And after seeing how much work went into the game and how much fun it is I'm glad that it didn't import, making it a glorified track pack would have made it horrible.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited September 2009
    NormanCoxwell;3023623 said:
    Is it really THAT difficult to change a disk? Are you THAT lazy?
    This. It's only one disc and one band on that disc. It only gets annoying when you have switch between 3 discs to play 3 skynyrd songs. You also can't play harmonies on rb2.
    Punk_Floyd76;3023643 said:
    not sure if you're a troll, but I'll bite. It was well known that it would not import, so I lol at you for thinking differently. 2nd, The Beatles didn't want the tracks to export, are you saying you wanted harmonix to say no to the beatles?
    I think it was more on hmx
    For a variety of technical and artistic reasons we decided to keep The Beatles: Rock Band a "walled garden", meaning that we'd keep it a standalone experience.
    link I'm gonna guess a few things wern't playing nice with the rb2 engine, maybe the rb3 will be updated to support it.
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Troll = Ignorant, so either way he's covered.
  • CantStopTheHoppCantStopTheHopp Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Why did you get the game in the first place? Harmonix made this fact well known. Calling TB:RB disgraceful for not being able to be imported is like taking your car for an oil change and complaining to the mechanic for not giving you a free tank of gas too.
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    mva5580;3023649 said:
    Troll = Ignorant, so either way he's covered.
    This!

Hopefully it will be his first and last post.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited September 2009
    iruleatants;3023616 said:
    Well, after spending 60 dollars and preorder this new Rock Band game, I got it today from the store, and hooked it up. What a absolute failure. I really and honestly cannot import my Rock Band 1/2 songs into Rock Band The Beatles (Or More prefably, Rock Band: The Beatles into Rock Band 2).

The only reason that I choose Rock Band games instead of Guitar Hero is the fact that ALL of my songs are on one disc. So I can enjoy my 500+ song library without taking out Cd's constantly. When I have friends over who do not know the game by heart, they can just browse through the song list and find what they want. We don't play ever game on the disk, and switch to another.

I am sure that many many people will also find this shameful, and I recommend updating the game to add this feature immediately, as it will please most of your audience. There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO NOT HAVE THIS FEATURE.
    should have done your homework, bud. It's no one's fault but your own that you're not a well-informed consumer. Common sense is a pretty vital life-skill.
  • Icarus599Icarus599 Banned
    edited September 2009
    We've known for months that it wasn't exportable...

Which is kind of a shame but hey.
  • PDXPantherPDXPanther Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Utterly Disgraceful = Topic Creator.
  • SaintJ44SaintJ44 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    since leaks have stated that Lego: RB will export.
    the majority of LEGO RB songs are kinda *** its just poppy child friendly ****. I like Ghostbusters but seriously it doesn't belong on rock band. neither does pink. thats for damn sure.
  • SaintJ44SaintJ44 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    and the reason beatles songs don't export is because it has features the other games don't have.
    plus they'd have to do animation over again to fit the songs for rock band 1/2 which would be a gigantic waste of money just because some noob is too lazy to get off his lazy behind and change the freakin' discs.
  • aspushkinaspushkin Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    SteveMega;3023630 said:

b) Can you really imagine your eyepatch clad freaky band members singing Here Comes the Sun?

It.
    Why not? Is it any more or less ridiculous than your bearded, tatooed metal singer belting out a Blondie song?

I've read this many, many times on these forums and it's never made a lick of sense.
  • m85021m85021 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009

Awwww, they're so precious at that age. :p
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    TROLL IB4L
    TB:RB is equally as amazing as RB2.

(SUPERSTAR POST!)
  • LinkStrifeLeonhartLinkStrifeLeonhart Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    SaintJ44;3023719 said:
    the majority of LEGO RB songs are kinda *** its just poppy child friendly ****. I like Ghostbusters but seriously it doesn't belong on rock band. neither does pink. thats for damn sure.
    Cool story bro

I guess Spongebob deserves to be in Rock Band more than the Ghostbusters theme.
  • Teh_JakesterTeh_Jakester Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    SaintJ44;3023719 said:
    the majority of LEGO RB songs are kinda *** its just poppy child friendly ****.
    We all know the kids love Ride a White Swan and Breakout.
  • mazeltomtom19mazeltomtom19 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    SaintJ44;3023719 said:
    I wish "I Want You Back" by The Jackson 5 was in normal Rock Band. If I buy LEGO it's because I want to play that song, and that song only.
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    SteveMega;3023630 said:
    b) Can you really imagine your eyepatch clad freaky band members singing Here Comes the Sun?
    I support this. I wish that some day, we will be allowed to export our TB:RB songs. Especially so we can see how many people will NOT export on the justification that "I don't want to see some Liberty Spikes punk dude singing The Beatles songs!". I don't think there'll be very many.
  • PCTraitorPCTraitor Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Its a different game. It's not even called Rock Band it's The Beatles Rockband which is like essentially saying The Beatles game from the guys that brought you Rockband.

This certainly isn't as big of a sin as calling it something like lets say Guitar Hero Metallica with half the songs that could've been in any Guitar Hero game using the exact same engine and look as the game that came out just months before.

So while I would've also loved to have the Beatles songs in my Rockband library I can see why they did it. The Beatles game is very different and is very specific at what it is trying to do. So while on the surface it's Rockband there are so many little things that are not Rockband.

Besides that the Rockband platform isn't being neglected, which would bother me and arguably it's stronger than ever. If it were being neglected then I would have an issue, but that is not the case.
  • blkninja1961blkninja1961 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I'll tell you disgraceful - BB (can) still does not have ANY LE bundles for the PS3 in Eastern Canada!!
    Day 3 - seriously dropped the ball!!
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    That's because this is only about The Beatles.
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited September 2009
    well, after spending 60 dollars and preorder this new rock band game, i got it today from the store, and hooked it up. What a absolute failure. I really and honestly cannot import my rock band 1/2 songs into rock band the beatles (or more prefably, rock band: The beatles into rock band 2).

The only reason that i choose rock band games instead of guitar hero is the fact that all of my songs are on one disc. So i can enjoy my 500+ song library without taking out cd's constantly. When i have friends over who do not know the game by heart, they can just browse through the song list and find what they want. We don't play ever game on the disk, and switch to another.

I am sure that many many people will also find this shameful, and i recommend updating the game to add this feature immediately, as it will please most of your audience. There is absolutely no reason to not have this feature.
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • aspushkinaspushkin Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    PCTraitor;3023996 said:
    Its a different game.
    Except it's not. The only differences are 1) the addition of a single new gameplay mechanic, vocal harmonies 2) Different color schemes/ very slight UI tweaks 3) There are customized cut-scenes for each song
    [Btw, I think the "dreamscapes" are nicely done, but I really don't get all the excitement. These are cut scenes. Graphically, they are not close to the best quality cut scenes of even the last few years. They barely top the in-game graphics of a lot of recent titles. Again, they do the job, but I just don't understand the fawning about how "lovingly" the Beatles are depicted and the incredibly amount of time and care that went into making a part of the game that you can't even pay attention to while you're playing.]
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited September 2009
    Cool story bro. You should have looked something like this up before preordering.
  • ArchangelZeroArchangelZero Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    aspushkin;3024060 said:
    Again, they do the job, but I just don't understand the fawning about how "lovingly" the Beatles are depicted and the incredibly amount of time and care that went into making a part of the game that you can't even pay attention to while you're playing.]
    I have no problem paying attention to the background and the track, but hey, maybe that's just me.
  • DerTommissarDerTommissar Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    SaintJ44;3023719 said:
    Go to the back of the internet.
  • cutmaclasscutmaclass Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    mva5580;3023625 said:
    I find it Utterly Disgraceful when people come online to complain about things like this which they could have EASILY found out about before they went to the store and spent $60 on it. You have no one to blame but yourself.
    Agreed. OP, you're pretty stupid for not knowing this WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY long ago when it was first announced.

Also, "NO REASON TO NOT HAVE THIS IN THE GAME"? Really? Really?! You know this is a game about The Beatles, right?
  • mazeltomtom19mazeltomtom19 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    cutmaclass;3024221 said:
    Agreed. OP, you're pretty stupid for not knowing this WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY long ago when it was first announced.

Also, "NO REASON TO NOT HAVE THIS IN THE GAME"? Really? Really?! You know this is a game about The Beatles, right?
    You can't tell me you don't want to see the Beatles rock out to Chop Suey. That would make my millennium.
This discussion has been closed.