Do Dongles ever shut off?

LMW28IFLMW28IF Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Even after I power down everything and the Wii console the dongles are still flashing the blue light. Is there a way to shut those off too? I assume that's just using up battery.
Thanks,

Comments

• Moony_LupinMoony_Lupin Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I'm curious about this as well.
  • meanmtrmustard27meanmtrmustard27 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    If you power down to the red light it should go off.
  • NormanCoxwellNormanCoxwell Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    what's a dongle?
  • LMW28IFLMW28IF Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    meanmtrmustard27;3024482 said:
    If you power down to the red light it should go off.
    How do you power down to the red light...never have done that.
  • KevhouseKevhouse Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    have you tried unplugging the dongle?
    edited September 2009
    Kevhouse;3024667 said:
    have you tried unplugging the dongle?
    I'm sure that would work but who wants to have to 'climb' behind the console everytime to unplug the dongle...just my thought.
  • Dr.SmootDr.Smoot Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I have to unplug it every night. Makes a very unpleasant clicking sound otherwise.
  • TheObscureTheObscure Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Lol, dongles.
  • soup567soup567 Headliner
    edited September 2009
    wiis light up blue when its off if you have a message...
  • GillyanneGillyanne Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    LMW28IF;3024648 said:
    How do you power down to the red light...never have done that.
    hold down the power button on the console until it goes red. just the quick press won't take it all the way off. but in the red light, it won't automatically download anything (since it's off, it can't connect to the wifi)
    soup567;3024816 said:
    wiis light up blue when its off if you have a message...
    you can turn that off ya know?
    edited September 2009
    [QUOTE=Gillyanne;3024844]hold down the power button on the console until it goes red. just the quick press won't take it all the way off. but in the red light, it won't automatically download anything (since it's off, it can't connect to the wifi)

Thank you all for your advice. I appreciate it.
    Peace.
  • Maccafan82Maccafan82 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for your help on this. i was wondering about it too, it is kind of annoying. I have three blinking blue lights that light up the entire room when it's dark.
  • StevoPhiloStevoPhilo Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Gillyanne;3024844 said:
    hold down the power button on the console until it goes red. just the quick press won't take it all the way off. but in the red light, it won't automatically download anything (since it's off, it can't connect to the wifi)

you can turn that off ya know?

How do you turn them off for the wii?
  • mlucifersammlucifersam Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Yeah I tried holding the power button down on the Wii until it went red and the dongles turned off too.
  • LockheedLockheed Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I just unplug my hub everytime I'm done with the game. I see no sense in having my instruments plugged in if im playing another game or not playing at all and having Wii connect 24 on prevents them from shutting off. If you have to "climb" behind your console perhaps you should set it up in a more accessible place.
  • GillyanneGillyanne Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    StevoPhilo;3025965 said:
    How do you turn them off for the wii?
    which "them"? The dongles go off by shutting your system completely off via the powerbutton. The button must illuminate "red" to indicate it is completely off (but this then also turns off the wiiconnect24). Otherwise you just unhook the USB

to turn off the blue light when it's in standby (the light usually indicates it's DLing something, or you have a message waiting) go to your wii settings, then wiiconnect24 and then slot illumination, you can set bright, dim or off there.
    Lockheed;3026291 said:
    I just unplug my hub everytime I'm done with the game. I see no sense in having my instruments plugged in if im playing another game or not playing at all and having Wii connect 24 on prevents them from shutting off. If you have to "climb" behind your console perhaps you should set it up in a more accessible place.
    yes i agree. I don't always unplug my usb (I'll just completely power down since my wireless router can be hinky sometimes, so I don't bother w/ the wiiconnect24 unless i need it to update). But b/c I have my wii set up on a higher bookshelf (it's about even w/ my forehead) it's a bit hard for me to reach behind it to get to the plugs. I just hooked a hub into the slot, and set the hub on top of my wii so I can reach it
  • deathmonkeydeathmonkey Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    NormanCoxwell;3024512 said:
    what's a dongle?
    That thing hanging off your a...oops, sorry, wrong word. :D
  • CapitalQCapitalQ Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    The dongles stop blinking if WiiConnect24 is disabled. I turned it off specifically to stop the blinking and haven't missed it since, as I never really utilized its functionality.

Prior to realizing this, I covered the blinking blue LEDs with duct tape.