What are the "correct" toms?

Deezul_AwTDeezul_AwT Opening Act
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I'm trying to play with as authentic as a Beatles drum kit as I can get. I'm not a real drummer, so I'm often paying more attention to the charting than listening whether it's a cymbal or tom. I have an ION kit set up with four drum pads and four cymbals, with two green crashes. The second crash is between the hi-hat and ride, so I know it's not on his 7 piece set. What is the tom that's missing? I'm guess that all the yellow notes are charted as the closed hi-hat. Red is the snare, blue is ride, open hi-hat, and tom, and green is crash and floor tom, correct?

Comments

• dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    i have been playing around with that as well and what you have their seems right (i have a Yamaha electronic set hooked up to rock Band that also can play through an amp and it sounds right in tune with the music
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    In some of the Abbey Road songs (Here comes the sun), he doesn't have the ludiwig kit. The yellow kit he has does have 3 toms. so, i guess in some songs, yellow is the high tom. Ringo's ludwig kit was aligned like most kits. He had snare, toms, and bass. But contrary to rb drums, his cymbals went hi hat, crash, ride. If you want it authentic, you'd have to put the green cymbal to the left of the blue one. But that would be extremely confusing. But yes you do have the correct setup for the ion drums.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    dabrry0523;3024698 said:
    i have a Yamaha electronic set hooked up to rock Band that also can play through an amp and it sounds right in tune with the music
    You can do that? How do you do that, and is it possible for the wii?
  • Deezul_AwTDeezul_AwT Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Hmm, so I can "ignore" my right crash and go with the one I have between my hi-hat and ride. I know on many real life kits, there are two crashes, and sometimes with some songs, it's easier to hit the second crash than to move to the "other" side of the kit for the regular crash. My next step is to use the WT midi connection and start working on using the hi hat pedal.
  • hakko504hakko504 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    gamegyro56;3024728 said:
    You can do that? How do you do that, and is it possible for the wii?
    There is a number of things, most notably the GH:WT drum kit, that will allow you to transform midi signals (which most electronic drumkits gan produce) into a USB format that will be accepted by the games as a GH:WT or RB drum kit.