Question about charting of horns and other instruments?

Grease1739Grease1739 Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I'm getting the game tomorrow, but I just watched a YouTube clip of "All You Need Is Love" and noticed that Hamonix appeared to chart the horns, violin and saxaphone to the lead guitar player.

Maybe I just don't know how the actual recording of instruments on the song go, but in other songs, are the other various instruments actually charted?

I really hope not, b/c that would be very unrealistice. I'm sure the game will live up to the hype, but that is one of the things I have been worried about from day one.......I can just imagine the my horror, having to play the syphony climax at the end of "A Day in the Life" on a guitar.(I'm sure it isn't the case, but I just wanted some feedback from those who have the game.)

Thanks!

Comments

• vcalzonevcalzone Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    On I Am The Walrus, they do that. It's fun as crap, though.
  • NerazzurriNerazzurri Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I hope not too. I can't imagine Eleanor Rigby being completely charted to guitar. I'd rather it being a vocals song only.

Edit: Meh. It's just a game. Chart Eleanor Rigby on guitar :D
  • QwertyMcUiop1963QwertyMcUiop1963 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    For Eleanor Rigby, they could chart strings to guitar and bass...

...AND DRUMS!
  • Grease1739Grease1739 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I hope you are joking about Elanor Rigby.

Does it actually take away from the fun of the game?
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Would you rather play nothing at all while your friends go at it?
    edited September 2009
    That wasn't my question. I'm playing it regardless.
    edited September 2009
    Bump, for more feedback.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited September 2009
    Only "All You Need Is Love" charts horns, and for the most part, that's the only chart that swaps around like that. It's not representative of the charts on the disc. It's a much weirder chart than any of the disc charts. "I Am The Walrus" charts strings, and "Within You Without You" charts sitar, and there are a few other instances like that, but even in those cases you are mostly playing the same instrument consistently through the song, not switching around like crazy (aside from the normal Rock Band style of switching between Lead and Rhythm).
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    For future DLC, I wouldn't mind a few moments of silence on the guitar if there are solos and still SOME guitar parts in it. The only major thing that irks me on the game is the suddenness in switching instruments. This is understandable in The End, as the guitar solos are so close to each other. But going from orchestral strings to trumpet in All You Need is Love...

I'm not against charting differen't instruments to guitar, just not multiple ones in the same song.
  • LeeummLeeumm Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I'm sure it's not half as bad as Activision's strange charting. Saxophones, pianos, trumpets. I'm just waiting for them to chart vocals on a guitar chart. It'll probably happen.

I know they charted the violin in I Am The Walrus, but I'd rather play those couple of notes than nothing at all.
  • Marvelfan13Marvelfan13 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    OMG!!!!!!! You are really stupid for wanting this game to be realistic, I mean, come on. Who the heck wants the freakin Beatles game to be realistic? FYI YOUR PLAYING ON A PLASTIC INSTRUMENT!!! HOW UNREALISTIC CAN IT GET?!!!! I personally love the fact that they are charting other instruments on guitar. If you want to be realistic, join a REAL band where they play REAL instruments. Otherwise, come have some super unrealistic fun with us plastic rock bands.
    P.S. sorry for being so mean... I just cant stand it when someone complains about something so silly like that. youre pressing the buttons in the same way, its just the track is playing something else.
    P.P.S I can't wait for all you need is love when it comes to ps3.
  • JordashebasicsJordashebasics Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I'm more bothered because there is a legitimate guitar part in All You Need Is Love.

I've stated it about twice already, but I want to be sure that my disgust with the chart for AYNIS is entirely clear.

Swapping between guitar and one other instrument is acceptable if there would otherwise be a huge lull in the song. This means that the guitar is actually NOT PRESENT during the song.

They did ignore guitar for I Am The Walrus as well, but at least they stuck to at least one instrument.
  • deathmonkeydeathmonkey Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Jordashebasics;3044999 said:
    I've stated it about twice already, but I want to be sure that my disgust with the chart for AYNIS is entirely clear.
    uhhh, huh-huh-huh...you said you want your anus to be clear...

wouldn't that mean you need an enema instead of a better chart?:rolleyes:
    edited September 2009
    Thanks to those who offered constructive feedback. To the others...it's a matter of opinion. I'm not saying I want to be in a band, but if a game has obvious guitar parts in a song, why not just chart the guitar. You can't play a horn the same way as a guitar, so that's my preference.

I still haven't got the game yet, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed this weekend!!