So do most people here really think this game is easy?

mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
And I'm only talking about lead guitar here because that seems to be the one thing people talk about when they complain about this. I think there is a TON of challenge in playing all instruments through on expert, and then ever more obviously with singing and playing guitar on expert.

But in regards to lead only (on expert), I'm having a hell of a time 5*'ing the majority of songs in the game. I've got 5*'s on 15/45 songs so far, and none above the "solid" tier. The scoring is insanely tight; I feel like if I miss 5 notes in the song I might as well start over. And while there are obviously no massively insane guitar solos in the game, the overall charting is MUCH better than most any other games I've played. I just find these songs much more enjoyable in that they're actual structured songs rather than a lot of the stuff at the highest tiers in Rock Band which are generally just the craziest guitar riffs they can find for the sake of difficulty.

I'm sure there are people here who think I'm horrible at the game because I haven't 5*'d every song in the game already and have multiple FC's, but all I can say from a "mainstream" user point of view is that this game is PLENTY hard enough for the overwhelming majority of the audience. I know a lot of you on here are really, really good, but for an average Joe like me I see plenty of challenge here.

Comments

• RoofTopRookieRoofTopRookie Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    i'll probably never "master" the game.

and you know what? who cares?

i laugh at the people that call this game "too easy".
    id like to see them write their own songs, since
    these are "too easy"
  • Dr.SmootDr.Smoot Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Well I don't, but as I mentioned in the other thread, I am an enthusiastic but not particularly good Rock Band player.

On the other hand, I have gone back and looked at the charts of songs in RB2 and I personally don't see a huge difference between the games, until you start getting into the really difficult RB2 material. But kids that FC'd every song in RB2 within an hour of buying it probably aren't going to think the Beatles version is very challenging.
  • soup567soup567 Headliner
    edited September 2009
    I may think the game is easier, but i dont buy RB games for difficulty, i love the Beatles for their music thats why most people bought it so who cares if its easier.
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I'm not saying that I care one way or the other how easy it is or isn't, I'm just asking the question to gauge the overall opinion of the difficulty or lack thereof. It was obviously something that people talked about a lot before the game was released so I just wanted to get opinions after they've actually played it.
    edited September 2009
    RoofTopRookie;3024915 said:
    i'll probably never "master" the game.

and you know what? who cares?

i laugh at the people that call this game "too easy".
    id like to see them write their own songs, since
    these are "too easy"

One thing that I find incredibly difficult on the game is playing an instrument while singing. There is probably a pretty good reason why most bands don't combine the players with the singers, at least for lead. Food for thought.
  • MidniteVulture83MidniteVulture83 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Drum wasn't hard for me at all ... on expert.

But I don't care one bit. It was immensely rewarding either way. More rewarding than many of the more technically complex songs from RB 1 and 2.

EDIT: I was also able to play drums on expert and sing. It was a bit more challenging, but I did well.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    its easier than rockband 2, but i dont play for the challenge i play for the fun..
    but its actually harder to goldstar songs now, most songs if you make 1 or 2 mistake you usually dont have the gold stars...but now out of 45 songs i have 42goldstars...and i'm gonna have a hard time getting the last 3.
    edited September 2009
    mva5580;3024937 said:
    I'm not saying that I care one way or the other how easy it is or isn't, I'm just asking the question to gauge the overall opinion of the difficulty or lack thereof. It was obviously something that people talked about a lot before the game was released so I just wanted to get opinions after they've actually played it.
    It's a two camp thing. The people that go for these games solely based on difficulty are going to think this game is easy. My observation is that these sorts think everything is easy outside of the absolute most difficult heavy metal songs. I don't think casual players (particularly older ones) are going to find it overly easy at all. I doubt I would ever be able to play "Helter Skelter" on expert guitar, or even hard.
  • OmegaVaderOmegaVader Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    It is easy. I 5 starred all the songs without error. But I've long since mastered the expert difficulty in past games. For me, seeking a challenge has become a fool's errand. Now all that matters is whether a song is fun to play or not.

and this game is damn fun to play. Time to retire the scoreboard in favor of just enjoying damn good music.
  • KigalasKigalas Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I'd say some songs are tricky either fingering-wise or timing-wise, but not necessarily difficult. I had little trouble completing the game on my first run, but I love the music so much that I really wouldn't care if these were the easist songs to play in the RB series, which they are not. The quality of the music experience in this game is probably equal to that of the whole Rock Band platform, if not greater, in my opinion. Much of it is rooted there anyways, knowingly or not.

Kig
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    For some reason I'm missing a bunch of HO/POs and I've recalibrated twice. That would imply a smaller window for hitting the notes, which does make it more challenging. Though it tends to be easy, getting gold stars is hard and therefore demands lots of replays (but hey, it's the Beatles, so there will be lots of replay anyway).

Overall, it's pretty easy, but I wouldn't say it's a pushover (at least for obtaining the much coveted gold stars). Either way, who cares, it's the freakin' Beatles. Anyone that's a Beatles fan shouldn't be complaining about difficulty.

Actually, it seems that one of the primary reasons for missing notes is because the animations are so spectacular that it's hard to not take your eyes off the chart to watch the visuals.

Once I finish story mode I'll probably go through again with just vocals and no fail on performance mode and just sit back and watch.
  • Lawl01Lawl01 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Of course, I got multiple FC's and gold stars yesterday alone. I'm okay on drums but I've managed to get into the top 50 for All You Need is Love (2nd page, 40th). I even got the All You Need is Love achievement, and soon the Toppermost of the Poppermost (on drums). It's fine with me though, that's what RB2 is for. Whenever I want a challenge, I'll load up RB2.
  • RMThompsonRMThompson Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I play on Hard most of the time. I Voxtar on hard vocals and hard guitar and I got an even mix between 3 stars, 4 and a few 5.

I've now gone back through and just finished 5 starring all the songs to get the pictures. On about 6 I had to drop down to MEDIUM in order to finish them all. Now, I could've just kept replaying them on hard, but I wanted to unlock everything I could!

So yeah, the difficulty of this game in Easy and Medium is on the low end, but the Hard is pretty much the same as the hard on RB2 and GH:5. I've only attempted Difficult a few times, and while I can get through most songs, it's at a fairly low percentage (70 - 85%)
  • zepplinmikezepplinmike Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I was having a hard time voxtaring today (Expert guitar/bass, Hard vocals) so I'm definately getting some challenge there.

In the case of individual instruments I'm definately finding it easier (bass can be pretty tough in some cases though). Overall when it comes to Rock Band, I can have fun with songs because I like the chart and it's challenge, or I can have fun with songs because I simply like the songs and I like playing along with them. In my case, TB:RB definately fits more into the 2nd category.
  • Punk_Floyd76Punk_Floyd76 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    the game is easier than RB2, but not enough that it'll make a difference for the majority of the audience. I'm not a great drummer but in RB2 I can nail most non-devil songs on expert, and I've already failed twice on story mode. It'll be a LONG time before I 5 star the whole story mode(not to mention attempt it in one sitting), and maybe never FC the game. Then you add in the drumming/vocal element and really the majority of players will find plenty of difficulty in the game. Not to mention the songs are just fun. The only way you won't enjoy this game is if you hate the beatles or if the only songs you play on RB2 are panic attack and visions.
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    mva5580;3024890 said:
    they're actual structured songs rather than a lot of the stuff at the highest tiers in Rock Band which are generally just the craziest guitar riffs they can find for the sake of difficulty.
    I was going to post a positive opinion related to you post, but I have to call you out on this.

I would like to to take any song in Rock Band that you say is "unstructured" and take it into practice mode and see how its organized, then come back and tell me that it's unstructured.
    In addition, the craziest riffs just for difficulty? Just because that you can't have fun with those songs doesn't mean that no one can. There are people who like those songs that are allegedly "unstructured" and just "for the sake of difficulty".

But yeah, the songs aren't OMGHARD, but some are certainly tricky. They're all fun to play, if not just to watch the backgrounds and strum along.
  • sperinesperine Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I haven't messed with vocals much, but I feel like I can potentially FC every song on guitar, bass, and drums on expert without much struggle, and I'm not even that great on drums. Its a good thing these songs are great.
  • californicationcalifornication Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I'm missing a lot of HO/POs too...so the game is a lot more difficult that I thought it would be.

I didn't buy the game for how hard or easy I though it'd be though, so it doesn't matter to me.
  • xplosivexplosive Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    The challenge is just right for me. All the songs are easy to learn, but hard to master if your going for gold.
  • amuro_rayamuro_ray Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I agree, the same for drums too. This game is much much more enjoyable than those inhman songs in RB2.
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited September 2009
    Its challenging enough to make it interesting.
  • UnpluggedCrazyUnpluggedCrazy Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I've five-starred all of the songs on hard, which is the first time I've ever been able to do that in a music game, so I guess it's easier. But it is a LOT more fun than any other game I've played.

Oh, and five-starring "Revolution" took quite a few tries.
  • Ozzie234Ozzie234 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    It is easy for anyone skilled at these games. I 5-starred all songs but one on expert guitar in the first run. Think I FC'd some 15 or so. Def on the easy side, perhaps not much different from RB2 though. Also, the music may throw some people off skillwise, since some beats and style of play rhythmwise is a tad oldschoolish and may seem alien to a youngster these days. :)
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited September 2009
    Look, I couldnt care less about difficulty.

But yeah, it was easy. And fun.
  • BurningTheoryBurningTheory Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    So far I have 32 of the songs 5 stared, which isn't bad. :) But man, some of those are a pain...SO CLOSE! Practice makes perfect.

And yeah, vocals can be really hard too.
  • Ozzie234Ozzie234 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    OmegaVader;3024995 said:
    It is easy. I 5 starred all the songs without error. But I've long since mastered the expert difficulty in past games. For me, seeking a challenge has become a fool's errand. Now all that matters is whether a song is fun to play or not.

and this game is damn fun to play. Time to retire the scoreboard in favor of just enjoying damn good music.
    ^^^this!

Just enjoy the game, the songs are soo close to heart and overall fun to play. In fact, I think I'll try singing for the first time ever with this game.... :o
  • grabberkegrabberke Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Definitely challenging enough for me. Medium are easy FC's but on Hard I'm finding the challenge I need... and I love the game, it's really nice! (also playing GH5 and it's comparable in difficulty in my opinion).
    A LOT of value for money for me!

I can imagine that people that FC the songs on expert in RB2/GH will find the game easy though.
  • hshizzlehshizzle Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    It's easier than RB2, but not easy. For people that want a challenge, the achievements are definitely not easy.
  • PGaither84PGaither84 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I am 24 years old and have never played a RB game before. I bought the collector's edition, just so I can play the drums, the day it went on sale. I have been playing these last two nights and enjoy it.

Easy mode is, well, too easy. However, still being a beginner, I find Medium mode really difficult for me. I am far from coordinated and find anything that is an "8 count" [is that a correct term?] to be way too fast and way too hard for me right now. The same is true for anything using the foot-peddle a lot. I cannot even finish "A Hard Day's Night" on medium difficulty. I get booed off the stage because this song is nothing but "8 count" speed with a lot of switching back and forth from foot-peddle to snare [red button.]

I have been spending a lot of time in practice mode just to get the hang of this. I will go back into song mode just so I don't get bored of the game. I am really giving it my best shot but even set to 80% speed, song like "A Hard Day's Night" just kick my rear. I don't see how I will ever complete story mode on anything but easy, but I won't quit.
  • FarronFarron Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    No.. I don't think it is easy, but then again I'm still playing on medium levels on guitar (can't adjust to the orange button).

Then drums? Ahhh.. that's another story. I still need to pretty much stick to the easy setting there.