2010 dlc

BeatlesPhins1BeatlesPhins1 Opening Act
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Which do you hope is sooner? [jan/feb/march] I want Revolver, Magical Mystery Tour and disc one of white album to come first. Help! might come soon though since there's only one song on disc. Beatles for Sale sooner would be nice also. I'm guessing they'll release white album in seperate discs. And some non-studio albums. They'll probably release Love at some point after the studio albums since one mashup is in the game, maybe the Anthology's too? [Real Love and Free as a Bird especially]

And I wonder if they'll do Past Masters or just release singles all randomly, since the on disc ones are classified as singles and not as past masters.

Comments

• mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Hard Day's Night (10 pack of singles 2 weeks before release)
    Revolver
    Magical Mystery Tour
    Beatles for Sale (2nd 10 pack of singles 2 weeks before release)
    White Album Disc 1
    White Album Disc 2
    Help!
    With the Beatles
    Let it Be

Yes....I've thought about it.
  • bobellis75bobellis75 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Well we know they're doing Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper, Rubber Soul.....so I'm thinking they may shift gears and do an early album after those three?

My hope is they do album releases and then release the non-album singles (that are collected on Past Masters) as some bonus releases here and there in between albums....maybe just a song or two here and there while we wait for the next album to become available.
  • TheCulpritTheCulprit Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I think Please Please Me is a likely contender. It will get some more early stuff out there, and they'll have plenty of time between now and then to work on it. Also note that it would be cheaper for HMX to produce, both with work and with licensing than any other early album since it has more on disc songs than any other early album (with 4).

This album would likely fill out the Cavern venue, and it would be pretty iconic to have the band's very first LP.
  • HeadHunter67HeadHunter67 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I really want Revolver first, followed by the White Album and With The Beatles or Beatles For Sale. I expect by this time next year we will see nearly all of the catalog that can be adapted to the game.

Even if I don't buy full albums, I can think of over 60 songs I'd definitely buy without hesitation. Ultimately, I expect I'll wind up spending as much on DLC as I have on the bundle itself.
  • edited September 2009
    The disc and DLC is weighted towards the second half of their career. And I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that's partially due to an easier time working with the later masters. (Less effects work and separation necessary)

So I would guess that trend continues.
    edited September 2009
    Apples;3025536 said:
    The disc and DLC is weighted towards the second half of their career. And I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that's partially due to an easier time working with the later masters. (Less effects work and separation necessary)

Is it still that hard to work with the earlier albums now that they've been remastered? I thought that might make it a bit easier....
  • Connor-mac-MConnor-mac-M Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Well, if they don't release Past Masters (1 & 2) as albums, then I definitely want Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand and Sie Lieb Dich.

But, since the vocals don't care about *what* you sing, I'll probably just get I Want To Hold Your Hand and She Loves You... sigh.
  • UnpluggedCrazyUnpluggedCrazy Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Revolver!

It's my favorite album of all time, so I've gotta have it.
  • mtf612mtf612 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Really I want every album but realistically I'd love hey jude, let it be, warm gun, help, fool on the hill, and a few other lovely songs
  • chef_deebochef_deebo Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Yeah im really hoping they do Please Please Me... i mean im no expert Beatles historian but isnt that the album that set-off Beatlemania? I mean its packed with good old fashioned rock and roll... Besides the majority of the Please Please Me album were hits... only a small handfull of songs from the known DLC (sgt pepper/abbey road/revolver) were hits and most are already on the disc.

Please Please Me has:
    Anna (go with him) ... i remember the "Married with Children" Episode where Al Bundy only knew the "mmm hmm him" part of the song that he was looking for and nobody in the music store knew what he was talking about... Youtube it ("oldies but young 'uns")

Chains
    Ask me why
    Please Please Me
    Love Me do
    PS I Love you
    Baby Its You
    +4 on the game disc (saw here standing there/boys/do you want to know a secret/twist and shout)

thats 10 / 14...

These songs ARE the Beatles... with the mop top and shakin the head while singing... all the cliche images of british invasion rock bands of that era. But its true it seems we're gonna by-pass all that history and go straight for the second half of their career. Shame if they dont have Please Please Me album as DLC
  • l-o-tl-o-t Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Connor-mac-M;3025559 said:
    Well, if they don't release Past Masters (1 & 2) as albums, then I definitely want Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand and Sie Lieb Dich.

But, since the vocals don't care about *what* you sing, I'll probably just get I Want To Hold Your Hand and She Loves You... sigh.
    Ha! I freaked out a little when I heard those. It's so awesome that they actually did that.

Anyway, I think they'll continue with the "Album-a-Month" thing with Revolver on. But I'm hoping maybe they do Early Days Packs to fill the gaps between months. Only early days "packs" because we know some early masters are unusable(like Help!).
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I don't care what the DLC will be, but Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except for Me and My Monkey must be included.
  • zuluwhiskeyzuluwhiskey Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I hope that they at LEAST release the following as full albums:

Help! (Favorite Album)
    Let It Be (Regular or Naked... don't care, both would be awesome, but I would buy the regular in full and then pick and choose from the naked album)
    Revolver
    A Hard Day's Night
    Beatles for Sale
    Please Please Me (just to have their first album, especially since they already released most of it)
    1 (Or at least all the songs that aren't from the above albums, or already in the game)

I wish that they would change their minds and release the full discography, I'm sure a bunch of people (myself included) would buy it. I'm a huge Beatle fan, because of my father. I grew up listening to The Beatles and was super psyched to get this game.
  • tinglytingly Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    If CD sales weigh huge in the DLC decision, the current order on amazon.com is Abbey Road, white album (which may be split by disc), Sgt. Pepper, Revolver (which was nearly the December DLC), Rubber Soul, Past Masters (prolly released as singles), Let It Be, MM Tour, Hard Day's Night, Help, Please Please Me, With the Beatles, Yellow Sub, Beatles for Sale
  • vcalzonevcalzone Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Apples;3025536 said:

I would imagine it's even more of an issue if Giles Martin is moving on to other projects. I'm sure he taught them all they needed to do most of it, but if that early material is as challenging to separate as we've been led to believe, we may not ever see a full album from that era.
    edited September 2009
    If I were Apple or EMI, I wouldn't let Harmonix anywhere near the master tapes.
    edited September 2009
    tingly;3025988 said:
    If CD sales weigh huge in the DLC decision, the current order on amazon.com is Abbey Road, white album (which may be split by disc), Sgt. Pepper, Revolver (which was nearly the December DLC), Rubber Soul, Past Masters (prolly released as singles), Let It Be, MM Tour, Hard Day's Night, Help, Please Please Me, With the Beatles, Yellow Sub, Beatles for Sale
    I must say, I'm very surprised that Let It Be is more popular than Magical Mystery Tour. I'm less surprised that Yellow Submarine is near the bottom.
    edited September 2009
    tingly;3025991 said:
    If I were Apple or EMI, I wouldn't let Harmonix anywhere near the master tapes.
    Well, someone is doing it. Giles isn't the only one ever allowed to touch anything.
    edited September 2009
    As far as I've read, only he with his assisting engineers did.
  • Backbeat1970Backbeat1970 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I will buy any Beatles song they put out for dlc. I just wish they had a couple songs weekly to kill the wait between albums.
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    vcalzone;3025995 said:
    I must say, I'm very surprised that Let It Be is more popular than Magical Mystery Tour.
    I'm not surprised at all... I'm actually surprised LIB is regarded as a lesser album. I like it just as much as I like Revolver and Rubber Soul. It's a true classic.

Anyway, seeing as it's named after one of the most well-known Beatles songs, includes hits like "Get Back" and "The Long and Winding Road", includes "Across the Universe" which is one of the greatest Beatles songs, and a bunch of other great songs... I am not surprised at all it's popular.
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Magical Mystery Tour and Love are the two I hope get an earlier treatment over others.
    edited September 2009
    Apples;3025536 said:

Whereas I see the opposite. The easiest tracks to work with were likely included in the game, allowing engineers more time to apply the new technology and techniques to working on older tracks. So I think, as time goes on, we'll see a movement towards those earlier tracks. I'm confident that, by this time next year, we'll have some (or even all) of the more "difficult" tracks as DLC.
  • onidragononidragon Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Revolver, followed by Past Masters would be good.
    edited September 2009
    I thought when the cd's were remastered, they were able to put everything into separate tracks, etc? Seems like the remastering of the cd's would make it easier to get the songs into the game. But maybe I'm wrong...I'm certainly no expert on music production, remastering, etc....
  • AndyyAndyy Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I'm gonna come out with something purely skeptical, and a little wishful thinking, but by Christimas 2010 we'll have all Beatles albums.
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    bobellis75;3027160 said:
    I thought when the cd's were remastered, they were able to put everything into separate tracks, etc? Seems like the remastering of the cd's would make it easier to get the songs into the game. But maybe I'm wrong...I'm certainly no expert on music production, remastering, etc....
    Remastering does not mean remixing so that's not the case.
    edited September 2009
    mva5580;3027291 said:
    Remastering does not mean remixing so that's not the case.
    Ok. I just thought I remembered reading that in the process they were able to split the tracks apart and boost sounds, etc. I'll try to look for the article again - although I've read about 50 articles regarding the remasters at this point...:D

LIke I said, I could be (and probably am) wrong!

EDIT: Yeah...just re-read one of the many articles and one of the guys who worked on the remasters was comparing remastering to remixing and I think that's where I got all my info jumbled. After reading so much in a short span of time, I suppose I was bound to confuse my information.
  • BruceDickinsonBruceDickinson Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I will buy whatever they put out for this game. Hopefully we get a bunch more.
    edited September 2009
    Andyy;3027259 said:
    I'm gonna come out with something purely skeptical, and a little wishful thinking, but by Christimas 2010 we'll have all Beatles albums.
    That's actually highly likely.