The Beatles: Rock Band has sex in it!

GranndGrannd Opening Act
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I was stunned when I say the PEGI rating (European ESRB rating) for the game.

It has sex and bad language in it, and is therefore only for gamers above 12 years!
What the hell, is there sex in the lyrics?
The only lyrics I can think of that has a sexual reference would be in I am the Walrus 'Boy, you been a naughty girl you let your knickers down.'

Maybe I've answered my own question now, but I still decided to share.

Comments

• wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    If taking off your underpants is nothing but sexual, I am the world's biggest pervert with all my showering and going to the bathroom.
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    "Don't know why she ridin' so hard"
  • MrRepublicMrRepublic Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    "Tried to please her... But she only played one night stands"
  • RMThompsonRMThompson Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    "I..I..I.. Did a road hog. You can penetrate everwhere you go."

"She's a big teaser, she took me half the way there"

Ill think of more later.
  • Dr.SmootDr.Smoot Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    "Come together... right now... over me."

"Hold you in his armchair you can feel his disease"

"Will you won't you want me to make you... I'm coming down fast so don't let me break you"

"All the girls around her says shes got it coming, but she gets it while she can"

"And from the first time that she really done me, she done me good"

People who think Beatle lyrics don't reference sex are nuts.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    uh "I want to hold your hand" :p
    "she's got a ticket to ride"

I do really hope that this becomes a Beatles Rock Band song lyric sexual innuendo thread
  • tekNiqueAUtekNiqueAU Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Na the best one is Iam the walrus, dirty little girl ect ect ...I dont wanna say but I love that line but hey lets not talk about it, imagine if they forced a patch....blasphamy!!!!
  • DELTAsnakeDELTAsnake Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I find it odd that all the classification boards have different issues with the game. Anyone else notice the ESRB has a problem with tobacco references. And I though tobacco was completely legal in America.
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Rock Band 2 has far worse stuff than this.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    DELTAsnake;3026351 said:
    I find it odd that all the classification boards have different issues with the game. Anyone else notice the ESRB has a problem with tobacco references. And I though tobacco was completely legal in America.
    True, but the advertising of Tobacco, or the glorification of it, especially in a popular game in the hands of children is probably where they have a problem with it.
  • GranndGrannd Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    It's pretty ironic that America (ESRB) doesn't care about any sexual references, and that the Europeans (PEGI) don't care about the drugs.
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    As long as there's no actual sex, the ESRB is fine. (Apparently consensual sex is pretty bad too. :p)
  • Jaicen06Jaicen06 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Grannd;3026793 said:
    It's pretty ironic that America (ESRB) doesn't care about any sexual references, and that the Europeans (PEGI) don't care about the drugs.
    Have to agree... isn't it supposed to be the other way around? :cool:
  • HeadHunter67HeadHunter67 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    There are all sorts of sexual references in Beatles songs. Even the innocent ones. If you think "Please Please Me" is about anything but the Big O, you're fooling yourself.

As far as in-game songs, I see that most of the more blatant examples have been mentioned.
    edited September 2009
    HeadHunter67;3027323 said:
    There are all sorts of sexual references in Beatles songs. Even the innocent ones.
    The most amusing ones for me are in - of all songs - "Penny Lane".:p
  • i_c_weineri_c_weiner Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    "Flying" probably has the most sexual innuendos of any Beatles song. Definitely.
  • skysawskysaw Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Let's not forget:

"When I hold you in my arms and I feel my finger on your trigger..."
  • HeadHunter67HeadHunter67 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Dr.Smoot;3027337 said:
    The most amusing ones for me are in - of all songs - "Penny Lane".:p
    They must be pretty subtle, indeed. I can imagine how one might apply sexual connotations to certain lines in the song... but one could do that with anything, even "Nearer My God To Thee".

No, I think Freud was right - sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I wouldn't say there's anything explicit. Younger than 12 probably won't get the double entendres. Most of their original audience was young girls, and I would say that The Beatles are very family friendly.

Some people are way too conservative......
  • mazeltomtom19mazeltomtom19 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    i_c_weiner;3027365 said:
    "Flying" probably has the most sexual innuendos of any Beatles song. Definitely.
    YOU HEAR THEM TOO?:eek:
  • SportzterSportzter Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    The worst offender and the lyrics that probably get the critics all up in arms are in "Drive My Car"
    - "beep, beep. Beep, Beep, Yeah!"
    Oh the horror!! Kids block your ears!
  • MrRepublicMrRepublic Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    "And when I touch you I feel happy... Insiiide. It's such a feeling that my love... I can't hiiiiide"
  • QwertyMcUiop1963QwertyMcUiop1963 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    According to Paul McCartney, drive my car was a blues euphemism for sex.

That's the only one I can think of.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Drug reference = the cigarette in Paul's hand on the Abbey Road album.

Sex reference = She's so Heavy. Cause heavy means fat. And fat people mean sexy. And a so heavy girl is a sexy girl. And I'm confusing myself.
  • justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    skysaw;3027610 said:
    Let's not forget:

"When I hold you in my arms and I feel my finger on your trigger..."
    Is it me or when John says trigger does it sound more like trigga?
    edited September 2009
    There is also the infamous backing vocal of "*** *** ***" on "Girl".

Edit: ha, strict rules, I guess you can't even say it here.
  • bmanincbmaninc Wetter of Fine Pants
    edited September 2009
    I love this thread.
    edited September 2009
    k-mac;3027634 said:
    I wouldn't say there's anything explicit. Younger than 12 probably won't get the double entendres. Most of their original audience was young girls, and I would say that The Beatles are very family friendly.

Some people are way too conservative......
    You couldn't really do anything directly explicit in the 60's - the Stones weren't allowed to even sing "Let's Spend the Night Together" on national tv, oy. Different times for sure. The Beatles still managed to get quite a bit in there, partially by virtue of the widespread opinion (that still exists in many quarters today) that they were squeaky clean lads. As a result, a lot of people don't even listen to the lyrics of songs like "Get Back" and actually process what the Beatles were singing about. Lennon in particular wrote a lot of songs about sex or sexual frustration, and Paul got his bits in there too.
  • justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Dr.Smoot;3031400 said:
    You couldn't really do anything directly explicit in the 60's - the Stones weren't allowed to even sing "Let's Spend the Night Together" on national tv, oy. Different times for sure. The Beatles still managed to get quite a bit in there, partially by virtue of the widespread opinion (that still exists in many quarters today) that they were squeaky clean lads. As a result, a lot of people don't even listen to the lyrics of songs like "Get Back" and actually process what the Beatles were singing about. Lennon in particular wrote a lot of songs about sex or sexual frustration, and Paul got his bits in there too.
    Especially with some fish and finger pies. >.>
    edited September 2009
    justin19954;3031412 said:
    Especially with some fish and finger pies. >.>
    Yeah, and the fireman who likes to keep his fire engine clean. McCartney pretty much spilled the beans on just what he meant with that.