Beatles Drums vs Rock Band 2 Drums

tom526tom526 Opening Act
edited September 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
For the people who have The Beatles drums and the RB2 stock drums. Are the Beatles drums quieter??

I currently only have RB1 stock and Beatles, and obviously the Beatles drums are a lot quieter.

Comments

• strikerdarkstrikerdark Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    beatles drums and rb2 drums are exactly the same with the exception that the rb2 drums are not beatles branded
  • tom526tom526 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    strikerdark;3026609 said:
    beatles drums and rb2 drums are exactly the same with the exception that the rb2 drums are not beatles branded
    I swear I read somewhere that the Beatles drums are suppose to be quieter that the RB2 drums.
  • pianoman3284pianoman3284 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    tom526;3026660 said:
    I swear I read somewhere that the Beatles drums are suppose to be quieter that the RB2 drums.
    I heard that too on a video interview somewhere (I think), but I don't know since I never owned the RB2 drum kit.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited September 2009
    strikerdark;3026609 said:
    No they are not. I wish people who dont have them would stop commenting on them.

My Beatles set is louder than my RB2 set. The heads are harder. You have to hold down the start & xbox button longer, and the battery compartment has more padding on lid to prevent slipping.
  • xplosivexplosive Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Ehfahq;3026761 said:
    No they are not. I wish people who dont have them would stop commenting on them.

My Beatles set is louder than my RB2 set. The heads are harder. You have to hold down the start & xbox button longer, and the battery compartment has more padding on lid to prevent slipping.
    I second this statement. It was hurting my arm to play on the Beatles heads because they were harder so I just switched back to my RB2 set.
  • onidragononidragon Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I don't own the RB2 set, but I have played it at the video game club at school, and I think the Beatles are just a whisper quieter.
  • niphtyniphty Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I think the Beatles set is stronger all the way around. It's like it has a heavier molded plastic to prevent breaks like RB2 kits were seeing. TBH, there's a difference between my two kits. Not sure on silence, since I have the silencers on the RB2 kit. But the RB2 kit feels flimsy vs the Beatles kit. That could be because the Beatles kit was lacking the year of solid playing like the RB2 kit has seen, though. I really can't remember it being this tight when I first got it though, so for now I believe the newer kit is of a higher quality, overall.
  • cmccrystalcmccrystal Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    My wife (48 y.o.) is asking "Santa" for Beatles Rock Band for her Wii for Christmas. As I was looking to buy it I have seen a number of reviews that recommend buying Rock Band 2 and then just the Beatles game. The reviews seem to suggest that the game and the instruments are better with Rock Band 2 and then you get the Beatles piece by just buying that game/software. I really don't know anything about this stuff. She was a drummer so I know the drum piece will be important as will the other things. Those of you willing to share your knowledge do you have strong feelings as to Rock Band 2 v. Beatles Rock Band? Are the drums better in the regular Beatles package or only the Deluxe Package which I think has better drums? I think with Rock Band 2 you can actually learn to play the drums on it -- is that true? And can you do the same on the Beatles? I know this is a lot of questions but I would be really grateful for some guidance. Thanks so much!
  • karaokefreakkaraokefreak Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Well, if she was a real drummer, then she will probably find both standard drum sets kinda small and "not real enough". You might try the Ion Drum Rocker, which is a real (low-price / quality) E-Drumset, which works perfectly with both games, since it was made for it. However, it is quite expensive. You might want to check it out at www.drumrocker.com - although the wii version is not available yet. Dunno if it comes before Xmas

http://www.drumrocker.com/store/index.php/products/drum-rocker-wii.html

But if you just go for standard instruments, you can buy the Beatles Limited Edition Bundle. - But beware, there is also a cheaper Bundle with the old Rock band 1 Instruments - don't take it, no matter how cheap it might be. The good one is the greyish Bundle showing a huge black n white Beatles photo.

You can also buy a Rock Band 2 limted edition bundle, if you find it, and just add the beatles disc. However, make sure it says Rock Band with a two. It really matters.

Happy rockin' christmas ;)
  • cmccrystalcmccrystal Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Karaoke Freak -- thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I was going to go with the cheaper bundle for the Beatles as the other one is pretty expensive. But it sounds like the Rock Band (1) instruments are in that package and are pretty inferior. I just don't know how much I want to spend and how much she will really use it (we have 2 small kids). I really appreciate your input.
  • liaminhliaminh Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I have both RB2 and TB:RB drum controllers. They feel similar to me, except the TB:RB pedal feels harder and sounds louder (so I switched pedals).

If you want more quiet, get the extra pads. They dampen the sound as well as increase the bounce.

Once my little boy gets a bit older and better at drumming I'll probably get him (and me :) ) an ION kit. For now these plastic controllers seem to do a fairly cost-effective job.
  • ManchesterManchester Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    I just picked up the Beatles bundle because a local store is trying to clear them out for cheap and I wanted the guitar. So now I have two drumsets and want to get rid of one. My first thought was the Beatles drumset is just the RB2 drumset with a different coat of paint, but there seems to be differing opinions on that. Of course, there are people on both sides saying what drumset is actually better, but I can't tell.

I was holding out to see what the RB3 drums would be like but it turns out it's just the RB2 drums repackaged with the pro cymbals.