Sitting or standing?

Dr.SmootDr.Smoot Opening Act
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Kind of silly, I suppose, but...

Do you prefer playing guitar sitting or standing? Do you find any particular advantage in one over the other? I am grasping for whatever might help improve my scores! :o:)

Comments

• Opus PenguinOpus Penguin Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I like to stand. More because I actually feel like I am performing so my enthusiasm allows me to enjoy the music more. This also probably helps my score.
  • MaxRenn82MaxRenn82 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I do better standing. I learned sitting down though.
  • BranrBranr Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I've been playing standing ever since the little loading screen blurb came out that said "If you're sitting, you're not rocking!"

Been playing drums exclusively for quite a while, and when I went for the guitar storyline, I tried sitting at first, and realized I couldn't play anymore while sitting :)
  • GillDaThrillGillDaThrill Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I'm a stander, but my old roommate was an avid sitter. I guess it's just how it feels to you, if you haven't tried out both.
  • greenyfortehwingreenyfortehwin Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Depends on the song. One i REALLY want to jam out to, i stand up move around and scream lyrics.
  • niphtyniphty Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I usually stand up and rock out, but if it's a more mellow tune, I'll sit back. I've been known to really get into a bass groove while sitting on just the arm of the couch in a bit of a funky pose, lol. So it's more about where / how you feel the music.
  • Dr.SmootDr.Smoot Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    GillDaThrill;3027209 said:
    I'm a stander, but my old roommate was an avid sitter. I guess it's just how it feels to you, if you haven't tried out both.
    At the very beginning I tried standing, but usually now I sit as it's more relaxing. I suspect it has a negative effect on my playing though, particularly because of my reach - I have long arms and I always feel a little cramped playing while sitting down. I should probably hoist my butt up off the couch.
  • Klown-Klown- Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    it's much easier to poo if you're standing. The effect of gravity is greater.
  • travmeatwadtravmeatwad Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    For RB2, I sit.

But for TB:RB, I stand since I'm also using the mic stand.
  • Dr.SmootDr.Smoot Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Klown-;3027225 said:
    it's much easier to poo if you're standing. The effect of gravity is greater.

When Rock Band: Poo *comes out, I will keep this advice in mind.

*Featuring all the hits of Nickelback!