Upcoming DLC.

ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I can't really recall what I read so I'm going to ask this question that I'm sure has been asked at least once before.

Now I know we can expect those three albums by the end of the year. But has there been any talk about other songs being released in between? I'm already getting that DLC itch, All You Need Is Love is not enough, I need more.

I assume there will be little three packs along the way at some point, but will that be after these first few albums or what? Has it been said anywhere what the plan is?

Comments

• KingfishKingfish Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Sorry to be lazy here(so no links to the post) but, I have read in several HMX post that ALL they are releasing right now is DLC in album form. They have said nothing about anything to be released except in full LP format.

And I do agree with you...more please!
  • Stig_the_PigStig_the_Pig Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    i really want the Albums to be cheap, cause we just got 43 songs on TBRB :(
    edited September 2009
    Stig_the_Pig;3028143 said:
    i really want the Albums to be cheap, cause we just got 43 songs on TBRB :(
    Have you ever seen the words "cheap" and "Beatles" ever used in the same phrase? $1.99 per song with the usual reduction if you can buy them in complete album form...thats as 'cheap' as its gonna get I fear.
  • tcole6tcole6 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    And oddly enough I would easily pay double for them...

I would have to imagine that the amount of work that goes into creating a Rock Band version one of these songs is easily 2, 3 even 4x harder than those of songs already recorded in multi-track digital format.
    edited September 2009
    tcole6;3028156 said:
    And oddly enough I would easily pay double for them...

I would have to imagine that the amount of work that goes into creating a Rock Band version one of these songs is easily 2, 3 even 4x harder than those of songs already recorded in multi-track digital format.
    I agree! Not that i WANT to pay more but, knowing a bit of the history and how unique seeing the Beatles in a game like this is AND how much work goes into getting the songs into the game, it wouldn't have shocked me to see a $2.99 per song tag either.
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited September 2009
    How would they release singles? Ballad of J&Y, Old Brown Shoe, etc

I hope we at least get singles every 2 weeks.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Alvarado6411;3028211 said:
    How would they release singles? Ballad of J&Y, Old Brown Shoe, etc

I hope we at least get singles every 2 weeks.
    Maybe in the form of a mass release of singles...at least one can hope.

The one good thing I can take away with me from them focusing solely on these albums is they will be done just as amazingly as the actual game is. I expect some pretty impressive dreamscapes.
    edited September 2009
    ThePaska;3028300 said:
    Maybe in the form of a mass release of singles...at least one can hope.

The one good thing I can take away with me from them focusing solely on these albums is they will be done just as amazingly as the actual game is. I expect some pretty impressive dreamscapes.
    I do have high hope on this as well. HMX said in an online interview that they have goodies we haven't even seen yet hidden on the disk in anticipation of their future LP releases...so at least in the beginning we can expect some amazing dreamscapes!
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I figured there HAD to be some more dreamscape design elements on the disc that we haven't seen yet for the sake of smaller DLC sizes.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Kingfish;3028334 said:
    I do have high hope on this as well. HMX said in an online interview that they have goodies we haven't even seen yet hidden on the disk in anticipation of their future LP releases...so at least in the beginning we can expect some amazing dreamscapes!
    mva5580;3028351 said:
    I figured there HAD to be some more dreamscape design elements on the disc that we haven't seen yet for the sake of smaller DLC sizes.
    Yea this makes sense, since they don't have too much on the disc as it is, there is probably room for some extra stuff we haven't seen yet. Which is all very exciting. The game has only been out for 2 days but I already need more.
  • uncleboatshoesuncleboatshoes Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I'm hoping a lot of the singles (that were collected on Past Master) are released as well. The Beatles were such a SINGLES band.

Would love to play RAIN and LADY MADONNA and many more.
  • SportzterSportzter Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I would doubt singles for the Beatles. And I don't pretend to know anything (although I play a doctor on TV), but I would only guess they would release albums.

Reason 1 - I don't think HMX wants to spend the time for people to cherry-pick songs. Get the album or don't get it will probably be the thought on this. Why would they do all the work for a lesser known/liked song if their return on it will be reduced.

Reason 2. Unlike RB2 where there are Multiple millions of people that have the game and where a large percent do DLC, this game might be targeted more towards a generation that doesn't readily do DLC. So...this ties back into point 1, if they have less people that own TBRB and probably less of a population that do DLC, why do all the work and not sell the whole album.

Reason 3. The Beatles were all about the Albums and not really Singles. Yes yes back then you had A sides and B sides, but you got Abby Road and Help! and the White Album and that was the trend for this band. Each album had a distinct sound and theme, why would the surviving Beatles agree to release their songs any other way?

Reason 4. The programming of the songs which ties back into points 1-3. Each album had its feel. The Dreamscapes for some and other programming nitpicks that will be geared for each album. I cant see them doing this ad-hock weekly or bi-weekly when they can do the album all at one time. Since Each song on the Dreamscape will probably follow that theme, there are probably directing and album type ideas that need to be adhered to.