Solo songs: yes or no?

yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Do you think songs from solo careers would have been appropriate in TB:RB as DLC? I know it's not likely to happen, but would you want it to?

I'm having mixed feelings about this. Obviously it could be great fun and greatly broaden the TB:RB catalog - classic albums like "Plastic Ono Band" "Ram" and "All Things Must Pass" making it into the game will be awesome! Imagine (no pun intended) making the perfect Lennon setlist, beatles stuff and solo, and playing it all the way through... sounds epic.

But at the same time, it somehow feels wrong. These songs are not the Beatles. Not the band this game is dedicated to. Having these songs in there will be weird, to say the least. And what about dreamscapes? only one of the beatles appearing in them?

I'm not asking whether or not you want to play Beatles solo stuff (you probably do); but whether or not TB:RB is the right place for these songs, or do they belong in RB2 like other artists.

Comments

• Lawl01Lawl01 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    No, because the answer is obvious, Beatles music belongs in TB:RB, and nothing else.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    Lawl01;3028924 said:
    No, because the answer is obvious, Beatles music belongs in TB:RB, and nothing else.
    Agreed. I voted "No".

This is not "The Beatles and their assorted solo career stuff: Rock Band". It's "The Beatles: Rock Band".

I don't expect to see any of Sammy Hagar's or David Lee Roth's solo stuff in GH:VH for the same reason.
  • bobellis75bobellis75 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Tough question...I really want all that stuff...and it would extend the playability of the game (although I'll play this damn game forever anyway). On the other hand, like you guys have already said, the game showcases the four of them as a unit...the solo stuff doesn't really fit.

However - you could argue for some of it fitting in - Ringo's first solo album was pretty close to a Beatles reunion (sort of) with all three of the others contributing. Harrison played with Lennon on Imagine (specifically the song "How do you sleep?" which was a jab at McCartney). But no....let's leave it Beatles.
  • ArothmanMusicArothmanMusic Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    TB:RB is clearly best suited to stuff done by the quartet as a whole, and there is plenty of good catalog left to fill the DLC coffers for another few years. That being said, if I had the opportunity to rock out to "Instant Karma", "Beware of Darkness", or "Maybe I'm Amazed" I would not have any complaints. Hey Harmonix, "All Things Must Pass" was actually intended for "Let It Be"... does that mean you can give us that one? :)
  • NormanCoxwellNormanCoxwell Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I would definitely like solo career work. Some of George's most beautiful pieces came from his solo career. And Ringo had a few good songs too. and then there's wings and lennon but lets focus of George and Ringo.
  • zepplinmikezepplinmike Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Solo stuff should be in RB2.
  • Lawl01Lawl01 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    It seems to me like most people just read thread the title and skipped the post.
    yaniv297;3028909 said:
    I'm not asking whether or not you want to play Beatles solo stuff (you probably do); but whether or not TB:RB is the right place for these songs, or do they belong in RB2 like other artists.
    Yes, I would love some of their solo work but not in TB:RB. I already said why I wouldn't and Davidshek just put it into more detail.
  • Jordan10laJordan10la Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    No, solo things should really be in RB2. However, it may be hard to go from seeing themselves all singing in TB:RB and then to play RB2 and have a generic character.
  • SkeleshredderSkeleshredder Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Not in this game; they should be DLC for the main RB platform.
  • RagingTomRagingTom Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I said no, only because like most have already pointed out, is that this game is the Beatles Rock Band, emphasis on the Beatles.

However, I would definitely not be opposed to releasing the solo work onto the Rock Band game itself.
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited September 2009
    As people have already said, DLC for Rock Band 1 & 2 would be great from the solo careers of the members of The Beatles, however, The Beatles: Rock Band should solely be songs from The Beatles.
  • HeadHunter67HeadHunter67 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I would rather play them in TB:RB than in RB2, simply because the art direction seems more applicable to those kind of songs. I just can't imagine the Mummy Woman, the Redneck in Flannel, the Mime in Bone Armor and characters like that performing any of the Beatles' solo songs.
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Funny how almost all of you said no, but the poll is still somewhat tied...
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    HeadHunter67;3029581 said:
    I would rather play them in TB:RB than in RB2, simply because the art direction seems more applicable to those kind of songs. I just can't imagine the Mummy Woman, the Redneck in Flannel, the Mime in Bone Armor and characters like that performing any of the Beatles' solo songs.
    I can imagine them playing anything, though.
  • DELTAsnakeDELTAsnake Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    If the music is good I don't really care where it's from.
  • nbalive2005nbalive2005 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    i wouldnt want lennon/mccartney/george/ringo songs sung by generic characters but i also wouldnt want the band game to be centered on only 1 person so im at a loss

but from the 2 options tb:rb seems better.