Did you notice a change in the drumkit?

The Hungry SamuraiThe Hungry Samurai Road Warrior
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Is it just me or does the new drum kit feel much more sturdier? (Especially in the pedal)

My RB 2 kit is literally in shambles, held together with duct tape and superglue (busted pedals pads base, cymbals, and even my sticks were chipped and cracked) so maybe I just forgot how a new set feels but aside from the drumsticks being shorter than the RB 2 ones the only changes I can actually see are cosmetic.

Has anything been changed?

Comments

• pal0fexpal0fex Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Yes, the new kit seems much stronger in general.
  • Jordan10laJordan10la Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    The Hungry Samurai;3030276 said:
    duct tape and superglue (busted pedals pads base, cymbals
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one. My pedal is in 8 pieces.
  • JohnnygoWalkerJohnnygoWalker Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    You guys must be extremely rough on your kits. I am an expert drummer, I have the RB2 kit. Mine has held up just fine for almost a year now. I tend to think I play pretty hard to. If I think I play hard you guys must beat your kit like a redheaded step child.
  • The Hungry SamuraiThe Hungry Samurai Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    JohnnygoWalker;3030417 said:
    You guys must be extremely rough on your kits. I am an expert drummer, I have the RB2 kit. Mine has held up just fine for almost a year now. I tend to think I play pretty hard to. If I think I play hard you guys must beat your kit like a redheaded step child.
    Given the right song, yes, yes I do.

Like that redheaded stepchild just wrote on the walls with poop and deathmetal just started blaring out of my radio.

I've been compared to Keith Moon with my drumming habits, and I don't plan on holding back damnit ;)
  • Wiiman95Wiiman95 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    My old pedal broke, so I made one myself. :D

....but it broke too...
  • niphtyniphty Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I, too, noticed that the kit feels much tighter. The question now becomes, does the higher density plastic mean it'll hold up longer, or is it going to be more brittle and crack faster? That's always the trade off, and depending on the process, it might be worse in the end.
    I did beat my kit pretty bad, but not THAT bad. Only the red pad has cracking where it connects, so it's no surprise. My bass pedal has a bit of cracking at the base where my foot sits. So far electrical tape has held it all together well enough, though now with a new kit I'll take this one down and repair it more properly for a friend to have as a starter kit =D