The White Album

SgtRubberRevolverSgtRubberRevolver Road Warrior
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I was at Gamestop today and the employes were at a conference in Las Vegas. They said that the people at Harmonix confirmed that the rest of The White Album will be coming as DLC by the end of 2009. I'm not lying. I just wonder how they're going to chart Revolution 9. So add The White Album to the list of albums coming as DLC

Comments

• foofighterfan4Mccainfoofighterfan4Mccain Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    when exactly would it come out in 2009? rubber soul is in december and the current trend is an album a month
    any sort of link
  • justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I wouldn't trust those pesky Gamestop employes.
  • SgtRubberRevolverSgtRubberRevolver Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    foofighterfan4Mccain;3031347 said:
    when exactly would it come out in 2009? rubber soul is in december and the current trend is an album a month
    any sort of link
    Well it could be Disc One, one month. And Disc Two the next month. I only heard from the people who heard out of the mouth of Harmonix
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited September 2009
    I find it very easy to believe we'll be getting the self-titled "White Album". But I don't think the time table's accurate. We're getting Abbey Road in October, Sgt. Pepper in November and Rubber Soul in December, so it stands to reason that they'd continue with one album a month. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we eventually end up with their entire catalogue in the game.
  • californicationcalifornication Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Stopped reading at Gamestop.
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    GameStop just likes to make stuff up to get you interested in buying whatever crap they're hawking.

I've heard them tell people in like 2006 that GTA4 is coming out on the 360/PS3 and the following year GTA5 will come out for PS3 and be exclusive and have EVEN more than GTA4.

Then many years ago one of them tried to sell me on "this crazy RPG with great graphics coming out next month" called Doom 3.

Gamestop is about as "in the know" as your grade school friends who's "dad's uncle's brother totally works at Nintendo"
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    californication;3031370 said:
    Stopped reading at Gamestop.
    yeah thats what the name of the store is...gameSTOP...you should always stop reading when you see gamestop.
    edited September 2009
    Well, I don't know if it's really true or not. It's a possibility. I wouldn't complain. I mean, come on, it's The White Album. I hope we get it in the following months
    edited September 2009
    SgtRubberRevolver;3031389 said:
    Well, I don't know if it's really true or not. It's a possibility. I wouldn't complain. I mean, come on, it's The White Album. I hope we get it in the following months
    It'll get there eventually. I see no reason why every major Beatles album won't eventually be in here.

Maybe a couple oddball things might get skipped, but their iconic albums?

They're the only band I know that can release not just one overly massive gigantic boxset of their material, but a SECOND one AT THE SAME DAMNED TIME that's only in MONO FOR NOSTALGIA'S SAKE and still not consider it a financial risk or a waste of time.
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I mean they could skip Wild Honey and Revolution 9. Or they might leave them in
    edited September 2009
    SgtRubberRevolver;3031411 said:
    Yeah, I mean they could skip Wild Honey and Revolution 9. Or they might leave them in
    Oh, I meant like a few odd singles releases or promos or something.

I dunno about breaking up the album proper, especially since the Beatles were all about that.
    edited September 2009
    wcarnation;3031420 said:
    Oh, I meant like a few odd singles releases or promos or something.

I dunno about breaking up the album proper, especially since the Beatles were all about that.
    Ah, like You Know My Name (Look Up The Number). I see. I wouldn't really want Harmonix to take any tracks from The White Album. It would be interesting to see them chart songs like Wild Honey Pie and Revolution 9
  • Dr.SmootDr.Smoot Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I want the entire album, all 30 tracks.
  • shgageshgage Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    You know, I don't trust Gamestop... they tried to convince me to pre-order the new Battletoads game >.>
  • GranndGrannd Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    For revolution 9 they just have to make it vocals only, it'll be just saying 'number 9' over and over again while watching one psychedelic piece of dreamscape.
  • juan29zapatajuan29zapata Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    SgtRubberRevolver;3031450 said:
    Ah, like You Know My Name (Look Up The Number). I see. I wouldn't really want Harmonix to take any tracks from The White Album. It would be interesting to see them chart songs like Wild Honey Pie and Revolution 9
    If it's in that case, then I'm either going to buy the songs separately or can I erase some of the DLC? Can I?
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited September 2009
    Dr.Smoot;3031457 said:
    I want the entire album, all 30 tracks.
    If it does come out, I'd guess that they'd split it and release it as two albums over two consecutive months.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Please let it be true.
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    As much as I'd love to believe it, anything with the word "Gamestop" in it loses a lot of credibility, quick. I don't doubt that it'll come out eventually, but as others have said by the end of 2009 doesn't make much sense.
  • Lawl01Lawl01 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    SgtRubberRevolver;3031450 said:
    Who would want play Revolution 9 first off? That song scares the crap out of people in the first 10 seconds, just imagine trying to find someone who actually has it. I would play it...just not alone..

Wild Honey Pie on the other case, is funny in an odd way. Either way, I'd buy the White album if it's DLC, it's one of my favorites.
    edited September 2009
    juan29zapata;3031782 said:
    If it's in that case, then I'm either going to buy the songs separately or can I erase some of the DLC? Can I?
    It's like buying an album and skipping over the sings that weren't singles.

I mean, you can, but what's the point of even getting the album?
  • vcalzonevcalzone Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Dang it, now that you mention it, singing Wild Honey Pie would be fun as crap. I mean, it would have to be, otherwise they never would have put it out.