Bass drum

Submarine777Submarine777 Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Going through the songs I've realized the only thing keeping me from doing most hard and expert songs on drums is the fact that there is A LOT of bass drum.

Does anybody know how to get more accustomed to stepping on the bass pedal more often.

Comments

• bobellis75bobellis75 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Submarine777;3032865 said:
    Going through the songs I've realized the only thing keeping me from doing most hard and expert songs on drums is the fact that there is A LOT of bass drum.

Does anybody know how to get more accustomed to stepping on the bass pedal more often.
    Practice! I'm not great though, and sometimes I feel like the most uncoordinated person in the world.....
  • doubldowndoubldown Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Definitely practice, but everyone knows that. Watch the tutorials, too. They'll give you some basics (like posture and the height of the drums and chair you're sitting on).

Heel-up technique really helps, too, especially on fast, repetitive beats. In fact, I can't play the bass pedal with my heel down anymore. It's just so much easier (and easier on your muscles) with your heel up.
  • PhisioniPhisioni Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I went through RB2's drum trainer to get my foot more accustomed to doing what needs to be done; haven't checked out the one in TB, but it should help lots. If not, use RB2's one, since it's sure to help.