beatle drum

Billy-93Billy-93 Rising Star
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I might get the drums on there own when they appear. I got wt set but dont play gh much so id rather have right drums for the job.

Will hmx release new drums with rb3 or are the beatles ones the newer version already?

I suppose they will work with rb2 and do these beatles drums have the mad catz symbol slots?


Also are there any reviews of them on youtube?

Comments

  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    Billy-93;3042184 said:
    Will hmx release new drums with rb3 or are the beatles ones the newer version already?
    RB3 has not even been announced yet, so nobody can possibly know the answer to that.
    Billy-93;3042184 said:
    I suppose they will work with rb2 and do these beatles drums have the mad catz symbol slots?
    Yes, correct on both counts.
    Billy-93;3042184 said:
    Also are there any reviews of them on youtube?
    No, because they're almost identical to the RB2 drums. The main differences are just aesthetic.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited September 2009
    davidshek;3042205 said:
    No, because they're almost identical to the RB2 drums. The main differences are just aesthetic.
    Im going to have to disagree with that. The drumheads are a harder plastic, making them louder. They dont rebound as well as my RB2 set.

    It also seems the heads wont be able to bubble like before. There is also extra padding on the battery lid. And of course the start button and console buttons must be held down longer now.

    I prefer my RB2 set over the beatles set any day.
  • Billy-93Billy-93 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Aesthetic are looks right? If I am correct will there be white cymbals for it cos the black ones will look silly on a mostly white kit

    I have to get these cos im in uk and they dont sell rb2 drums here.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited September 2009
    Billy-93;3042247 said:
    Aesthetic are looks right? If I am correct will there be white cymbals for it cos the black ones will look silly on a mostly white kit

    I have to get these cos im in uk and they dont sell rb2 drums here.
    There wont be white cymbals. but you can put white foam on them.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    Billy-93;3042247 said:
    Aesthetic are looks right? If I am correct will there be white cymbals for it cos the black ones will look silly on a mostly white kit
    Yes, aesthetics are looks. And no, MadCatz has not announced any plans to release different cymbals.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Dang it. Less rebound? I might have to transfer my Xcell pads again.
  • Billy-93Billy-93 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I wish hmx will just release rb2 drums in uk. Bloody idiots.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    Doom878;3042282 said:
    Dang it. Less rebound? I might have to transfer my Xcell pads again.
    Ehfahq is the first person I've heard say that the TB:RB drums have less rebound than the RB2 drums. Everything else I've read says that they have more.
  • TonytTonyt Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Ehfahq;3042243 said:
    Im going to have to disagree with that. The drumheads are a harder plastic, making them louder. They dont rebound as well as my RB2 set.

    It also seems the heads wont be able to bubble like before. There is also extra padding on the battery lid. And of course the start button and console buttons must be held down longer now.

    I prefer my RB2 set over the beatles set any day.
    Ahh louder rockband stock drums, just what the doctor orderd :confused:
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited September 2009
    davidshek;3042751 said:
    Ehfahq is the first person I've heard say that the TB:RB drums have less rebound than the RB2 drums. Everything else I've read says that they have more.
    Maybe its just me? Im not a real dummer so maybe the way I play is incorrect.

    Its still a great set though. I played all the way through the game on it before I went back to my RB2 set and upped my scores.
  • wwonkawwonka Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I'm unimpressed with the RB: Beatles drums, with Rock Band 2 full kits going for $99.99 or cheaper now, you would be wiser to just buy the full kit on sale and then buy the Beatles game separately.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    davidshek;3042751 said:
    Ehfahq is the first person I've heard say that the TB:RB drums have less rebound than the RB2 drums. Everything else I've read says that they have more.
    That's a relief. I'm getting mine on Friday and my Rock Pedal is shipping back today. WOOT!
    wwonka;3044526 said:
    I'm unimpressed with the RB: Beatles drums, with Rock Band 2 full kits going for $99.99 or cheaper now, you would be wiser to just buy the full kit on sale and then buy the Beatles game separately.
    I told my wife this but she wants the whole authenticity. Who am I to argue? :p
Sign In or Register to comment.