Any word on Sales-Reports?

Beatles123Beatles123 Opening Act
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
So, The games out...how well has it sold? Did MTV regain thier funds in a day like expected? Did it beat GH5/GH:Van Halen? How is the All You Need Is Love DLC selling? How Much money have they raised for charity?

Any News?

Comments

• murphmurph Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    GH won in the UK last week. Ooops.
    UK Video Game Chart: Guitar Hero 5 beats Beatles - Championship Manager 2010 for PC News - VideoGamer.com
    http://www.videogamer.com/news/uk_video_game_chart_guitar_hero_5_beats_beatles.html

ChartTrack reports that Activision's Guitar Hero 5 has claimed the All Format No.1 in a week which saw six new entries in the Top 40.

The battle of the bands saw Guitar Hero 5 overpower EA and MTV's The Beatles: Rock Band, which, despite an extra few days at retail, managed only fourth place in the chart. Guitar Hero 5 is the first game in the blockbuster franchise to take an All Formats No.1 position.
  • Beatles123Beatles123 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Thats...a shame.

Britan, turning against THIER boys? Now I see why Lennon moved to New York! XD

(kidding)

Any word on america?
  • HyeJinx1984HyeJinx1984 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Yea, the England thing shocked me.
  • Mr JonnyearsMr Jonnyears Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Rock Band still isn't very well known in the UK, still.
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    So that's how the UK responds to the first ever RB worldwide release and the first new instruments in a couple of years?

And of course they'll be right there to complain next time when Rock Band 3 is delayed over there. Way to support your boys. Idiots.
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    mva5580;3042441 said:
    Way to support your boys. Idiots.
    "Way to support your lads. Tossers"

I fixed that for you so the UK guys will get the message ;)
  • moneypmoneyp Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    murph;3042490 said:

lol thank you.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    murph;3042490 said:

That's pretty funny. :)
  • HyeJinx1984HyeJinx1984 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Yay, it leads by several spots on PS3 and 360, and GH5 didn't even appear on the Wii
  • joepjensjoepjens Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    mva5580;3042441 said:
    So that's how the UK responds to the first ever RB worldwide release and the first new instruments in a couple of years?

And of course they'll be right there to complain next time when Rock Band 3 is delayed over there. Way to support your boys. Idiots.
    Seeing how europe has been always second rate for HMX/EA I think it is pretty logical GH5 is more well known and people recognise it and pick this up instead.
  • rockfresh126rockfresh126 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    THe most noteworthy thing in that list to me....how is MW still the highest selling game in Japan?
  • Greebo_T_CatGreebo_T_Cat Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    joepjens;3042518 said:
    Seeing how europe has been always second rate for HMX/EA I think it is pretty logical GH5 is more well known and people recognise it and pick this up instead.
    Yep, also the Commercial has been running more often, the print and internet presence has been stronger, and presales/preorders have been available longer (really, my local GAME could let me pre-order GH5 but couldn't tell me for certain whether they'd be able to get me the TB:RB Instruments, packages, etc). I didn't see pre-orders available in my local stores until the very end of August. GH5 had been available for a number of weeks before that.

I really dislike that GH is that much bigger over here given how poor it feels compared to RB. But such is the price of RB being late out the blocks in Europe. Also we had the timed exclusivity for Xbox360, immediately cutting out a chunk of their market.

I will continue to support RB, I was day of release purchase for RB1, including the *separate* Band in the Box, RB2 Day of release, and TB:RB day of release. I'll be there for RB3.

If the release of TB:RB proves to be the exception, and RB1 & 2 proves to be the rule, the franchise will continue to languish in second place to the better marketed, gimmick ridden, overcharted horror that is the GH series.

(P.S. I know I know, UK/Europe wasn't the only territory to get treated poorly by the RB Franchise).
  • travelfreak13travelfreak13 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    murph;3042490 said:

Hey i preodered it i live in the UK and i got 5 remasters planning on getting them all =] but GH is more well known in the UK GH5 is the only demo they have in Game (Like Game stop) so .... yer lol
  • SportzterSportzter Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Mr Jonnyears;3042439 said:
    Rock Band still isn't very well known in the UK, still.
    And their might still be some very hurt feelings for the RB2 Wii Release.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Holy hell, they made a GH5 for the PS2?! When will we be rid of that ancient machine...