I really need to gold star Helter Skelter!!!

moviebuff1084moviebuff1084 Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
This song is hard to gold star i can do pretty well on vocals, guitar and bass. But I can't seem to get enough points to GS it. I'm on Xbox 360 my gamertag is moviebuff1084. Its the last song I need for the achievement. So if anyone is up for it I would love the help, thanks.

Comments

• mysticnejimysticneji Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Last time I tried to help someone GS this song we didn't get it either. Guitar, Bass and I was Drums. However if you play guitar and can get to around 174/175,000 points you'll get the GS. I don't know what you need on bass or drums even though I think I've GS'd it on both of those as well.
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    mysticneji;3043366 said:
    Last time I tried to help someone GS this song we didn't get it either. Guitar, Bass and I was Drums. However if you play guitar and can get to around 174/175,000 points you'll get the GS. I don't know what you need on bass or drums even though I think I've GS'd it on both of those as well.
    bass requires 175 k + cause my highest is that but miss one not up to the fast strum part , really do hate bass requiring 100% and best path to GS when any other instrument is 96 -97 %
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited September 2009
    With expert guitar on Helter Skelter, save your Beatlemania until after the solo to max out your score with a long string of chords.
  • MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Going for the "Things money just can't buy" gold star achievement, right? Yeah, took me a while too. :) I'm a pretty good singer, I guess, but I sang that song over and over and over, couldn't get gold stars no matter what. Finally, last night on the umpteenth try I was able to gold star Helter Skelter on harmonies, singing by myself. (I'm currently at the top of the harmonies leaderboard for the Wii for that song.) There are a couple of places where you can get double fabs even if you're singing by yourself in that song, I think those help.

I sing down an octave for most of the song (curse McCartney and his phenomenally awesome vocal range!), jumping back up to the correct octave near the end when it gets low.