I think I will be playing this game for many years to come...

Dr.SmootDr.Smoot Opening Act
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Because I am simply awful at plastic guitar. :(

I wince/chuckle at the kids saying how easy this game is - "medium" is about as much as I can manage, and not all that well at that. I have been at this since I bought it on the 9th, and in that time I have scored 100% on medium guitar on exactly nothing. If I dare hard (let alone expert) I am usually done within 5-10 seconds. I can't even play "Yellow Submarine" on hard. The good part of this is that I can look forward to many hours of play without worrying about having "beaten" the game, because I don't think I ever will.

Someone needs to make a game with keyboards. That I would ace.

Comments

• justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Well for a word of advice, don't give up! We all started out just like you and worked are way up. All you have to do is to get used of sliding your pinky to orange and you'll be playing expert in no time!
  • RingotheDingoRingotheDingo Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    It takes time, I remember I played GH2 like every day for 3 hours and it took me 3 or 4ish months to get to hard. Then when I got to that expert was a easy jump. I remember the satisfaction I got when I finally beat Free Bird lol :)
  • JormJorm Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Yep, take your time, have fun, and it will come to you. I stayed at Medium for probably 6 months before I finally took the plunge to the higher levels.

The biggest jump will be Medium --> Hard (generally). That pesky orange button. >.<

If you want to ease the transition, you can go Medium Guitar --> Hard Bass --> Hard Guitar --> Expert Bass --> Expert Guitar.

Usually, bass is a bit tamer than guitar. Though Paul's active bass playing in this game is a test.
  • heididesorderheididesorder Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Thank Goodness for TB:RB, I usually have a hard time trying to get through the songs on medium, now I do it easily. Still, I find hard... well, hard. I wish there was another level between medium and hard, that was fast paced but without that darn orange button.
  • PCTraitorPCTraitor Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    This game isn't easy. I think they did a good job making the instruments in the game challenging for a band that favored the song and melody over flashy instrumentation. But really if you think about it this is the hardest rhythm game so far....because of the harmony vocals. Hitting triple fabs on expert consistently is a daunting task indeed!

For me this is has replaced Rock Band 2 as the goto party game because of the vocal harmonies. The solo vocalist on Rock Band pales in comparison now.
  • RoofTopRookieRoofTopRookie Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Dr.Smoot;3045635 said:
    Because I am simply awful at plastic guitar. :(

I wince/chuckle at the kids saying how easy this game is - "medium" is about as much as I can manage, and not all that well at that. I have been at this since I bought it on the 9th, and in that time I have scored 100% on medium guitar on exactly nothing. If I dare hard (let alone expert) I am usually done within 5-10 seconds. I can't even play "Yellow Submarine" on hard. The good part of this is that I can look forward to many hours of play without worrying about having "beaten" the game, because I don't think I ever will.

Someone needs to make a game with keyboards. That I would ace.

Absolutely nothing to worry about. I myself, never had any interest
    in music video games before i caught TB:RB bug back in June.
    Hell, i even wasted $99 on the RB2 bundle last month to see if
    TB:RB would be something that i could possibly play! lol

Now i play TB:RB on "medium", absolutely love it. ive even started
    singing on "easy" at the same time, and its even more fun!
  • esquehillesquehill Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    It's not easy. Try putting your left index finger
    on the RED key; and use your index finger for both
    RED and GREEN; that way your pinky only does
    ORANGE. You'll only find the ORANGE notes at
    the hard and expert levels; but practicing in this
    position on medium will prepare you....
  • WildSubnetWildSubnet Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    esquehill;3046557 said:
    It's not easy. Try putting your left index finger
    on the RED key; and use your index finger for both
    RED and GREEN; that way your pinky only does
    ORANGE. You'll only find the ORANGE notes at
    the hard and expert levels; but practicing in this
    position on medium will prepare you....
    That never worked for me. You'll have to learn to shift. Luckily, TB:RB chart speeds are the same for Medium and Easy. GH adds the extra fret and speeds up the chart, too. So this is the perfect game to make the jump. I'm currently mostly hard with some expert on the easier stuff. I too never thought I'd get anything on expert ever so there is hope.
  • ArothmanMusicArothmanMusic Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Don't forget about the "practice" mode! I was playing pretty comfortably on medium, but when I shifted up to hard I totally took a crap all over the song. The 'practice' mode lets you repeatedly work on a single verse, chorus, intro, or whatever at up to 30% slower than real speed so you can get used to the pattern. That'll help a lot!
  • rayrox222rayrox222 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    justin19954;3045649 said:
    Well for a word of advice, don't give up! We all started out just like you and worked are way up. All you have to do is to get used of sliding your pinky to orange and you'll be playing expert in no time!
    Right, and I'd recommend you try hard bass before hard guitar as I find bass playing due to not having to worry about so many chords like with guitar playing adjusting to the orange button is easier learned with bass than guitar. So get into hard bass for a bit and then step up to hard guitar. Same process for expert imo. I remember well the days of Guitar Hero 2 where I felt like I would never get past medium on guitar but the above method is how I eventually adjusted.
  • rayrox222rayrox222 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    PCTraitor;3046114 said:
    This game isn't easy. I think they did a good job making the instruments in the game challenging for a band that favored the song and melody over flashy instrumentation. But really if you think about it this is the hardest rhythm game so far....because of the harmony vocals. Hitting triple fabs on expert consistently is a daunting task indeed!

For me this is has replaced Rock Band 2 as the goto party game because of the vocal harmonies. The solo vocalist on Rock Band pales in comparison now.
    LOL I love your sig