D'oh! XBL Mic doesn't work as a mic - does the Mad Catz controller/mic work?

BigDamnHeroBigDamnHero Opening Act
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I was hoping I could cheat a little and use an XBL headset mic as a 3rd mic when I go visit my buddy and we play this game (he has a GH mic, I have a RB mic), but I just tried it and of course found out it doesn't register as a mic.

I'll probably end up buying another mic because of this, but I'd just like to make sure that if I were to buy that Mad Catz mic that's got the controller built in, that it'll work as mic.

So, any help at all is wonderful. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• zack10housezack10house Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Yes, it works, but if you play online I'd recommend either buying Lips (two wireless mics for 40 bucks, disregard the terrible game that comes with) or another wired mic. The madcatz mic has no headseat jack and obviously no trigger to pull, so you can't chat except between songs. It's normally fine, but if a song is loading it'll cut you off mid-sentence towards the end of a loading screen. If you only play locally though, the M.I.C.'s the way to go.
  • pracerpracer Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I can't get my lips mics to work with TB RB, what do you have to do to endable them?
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Hold the power button until it flashes green and then shake it.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    BigDamnHero;3046218 said:
    I was hoping I could cheat a little and use an XBL headset mic as a 3rd mic when I go visit my buddy and we play this game (he has a GH mic, I have a RB mic), but I just tried it and of course found out it doesn't register as a mic.

I'll probably end up buying another mic because of this, but I'd just like to make sure that if I were to buy that Mad Catz mic that's got the controller built in, that it'll work as mic.
    Headsets don't work because all 3 microphones need to be tied to the one standard controller that controls the vocalist selections (difficulty, etc). So a headset plugged into a guitar would not be tied to that controller, therefore, it won't work.

The MadCatz Mic has a built-in controller, meaning you can use it for 1 mic, and 2 regular GH/RB mics along with it. But you can't use multiple MadCatz Mics.