Does TB:RB NTSC version will work on PAL PS3 with Guitar Hero 3 instrument?

111ron222111ron222 Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Hello everybody,
I have a Play Station 3 console that I bought in Israel and It's a PAL version.
Last year I bought Guitar Hero 3 that comes with Guitar instruments - a black Gibson.

Right now i'm in Las Vegas, and I wonder if I can buy The Beatles Rock Band for PS3 (software only) - NTSC version, and will it work with my Guitar from Guitar Hero 3, and with my PS3 PAL version?

Thanks a lot.

Ron.

Comments

• ArothmanMusicArothmanMusic Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    If there's no difference in the guitars for HD and NTSC, then there shouldn't be any difference for NTSC and PAL either. The resolution of the screen shouldn't have any effect on the controller that I can think of.
  • m4n3e4rp1gm4n3e4rp1g Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    No, if you buy a game in the format of NTSC it will not work. Or at least it isn't supposed to work. The same goes for any movie that is NTSC. If you have a PAL dvd player and you want to play a NTSC movie, it will not work. As for the gh3 guitar working with the game, it will work for TB:RB but only with the PAL game because the NTSC game isn't going to work on your PAL ps3.
    I am not 100% sure about this so you might want to wait for other people to respond.
  • 111ron222111ron222 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for the answers.

I wonder what about the Sony PlayStation 3 Free-Regions?
    for example?
    There is somebody here that live in Europe and have PS3 PAL and buy NTSC games is USA?

And what about it?
    http://forums.invisionpower.com/topic/284254-pal-playstation-3-ntsc-games/page__p__1802786

And again, thanks a lot.
  • m4n3e4rp1gm4n3e4rp1g Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    well, I didn't know about the ps3 being region free, maybe they will work. I don't even know why they make regions for this kind of stuff, why not just make everything playable on one game system/dvd player.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    NTSC and PAL are video-formatting standards. They have nothing to do with region locking or game hardware.
    edited September 2009
    davidshek;3047749 said:
    NTSC and PAL are video-formatting standards. They have nothing to do with region locking or game hardware.
    So, Dose PS3 NTSC game from USA will work with PAL PS3 console?
  • JackBNimbleJackBNimble Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    111ron222;3047763 said:
    So, Dose PS3 NTSC game from USA will work with PAL PS3 console?
    People have exported from the USA all the time for the ps3.

But I have heard that the dlc from the UK or other regions may not work with the USA version but you may want to confirm this though.
    edited September 2009
    JackBNimble;3047916 said:
    People have exported from the USA all the time for the ps3.

But I have heard that the dlc from the UK or other regions may not work with the USA version but you may want to confirm this though.
    THX.

Somebody here can confirm that?
    There is somebody here that buy the NTSC format game, and play him on PS3 PAL?

{And I dont know if i'ts matter, but on my Guitar Hero 3 Blu-Ray disc there is the the nuber 2 near to a world picture.}

And thanks again for all the answers.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    111ron222;3047928 said:
    {And I dont know if i'ts matter, but on my Guitar Hero 3 Blu-Ray disc there is the the nuber 2 near to a world picture.}
    That number is the region coding which, once again, has nothing to do with PAS vs. NTSC.