Anyone else having a lot of trouble getting the 1 Million points achievement?

Tomstar42Tomstar42 Rising Star
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I'm having a really hard time getting this achievement. I can't get it locally, because I don't know anyone thats good at rock band, which leaves me having to go online to try and get it. I've played multiple sessions of xbox live quickplay, and the closest I've gotten is 840k on Sgt Peppers Lonley Hearts Club Band, with a full band (me on expert and the other three on medium). There seems to be a lack of expert players playing the game, and theres lot of medium/hard players who keep missing notes, don't activate overdrive, or just don't know that it's important for everyone to activate at the same time for the maximum score. Anyone else struggling with this achievement?

Comments

• bpc908bpc908 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Play I Want You (She's So Heavy) to get the achievement
  • fdiperifdiperi Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    That is the song I got the achievement on. I had 3 expert players and one medium player. I am having a hard time getting expert gold stars on I Feel Fine to get the achievement for the 4 songs listed to get expert gold stars and that is the last song I need to expert gold stars for that achievement. I have played expert bass on it plenty of times and got 100% notes hit and activated beatlemania twice during the song. I am having the same problems you are trying to get the like a million suns on xbox live quickplay too.
  • krukraft55krukraft55 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    fdiperi;3065331 said:
    That is the song I got the achievement on. I had 3 expert players and one medium player. I am having a hard time getting expert gold stars on I Feel Fine to get the achievement for the 4 songs listed to get expert gold stars and that is the last song I need to expert gold stars for that achievement. I have played expert bass on it plenty of times and got 100% notes hit and activated beatlemania twice during the song. I am having the same problems you are trying to get the like a million suns on xbox live quickplay too.
    You can't get gold stars on bass on that song.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    fdiperi;3065331 said:
    I am having a hard time getting expert gold stars on I Feel Fine to get the achievement for the 4 songs listed to get expert gold stars and that is the last song I need to expert gold stars for that achievement. I have played expert bass on it plenty of times and got 100% notes hit and activated beatlemania twice during the song. I am having the same problems you are trying to get the like a million suns on xbox live quickplay too.
    Krukraft is right, unfortunately. Even on guitar, it takes almost a perfectly flawless performance to get gold. Do it on vocals if you have any skill there, it's a lot easier.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I'm just going to guess the sheer length of I want You (She's so Heavy) with a guitar/bass and maybe drums would be an easy million. I made 200k on guitar alone, no telling how much the whole band could add to that.
  • SgtRubberRevolverSgtRubberRevolver Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    I got the achievment on I Want You (She's So Heavy) with a whole expert band. It's about a minute and a half to two minutes longer than Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band/With A Little Help From My Friends
  • Shorty11857Shorty11857 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I got the achievement on Sgt. Pepper's with 3 experts and a vocalist on hard I think.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Shorty11857;3065727 said:
    I got the achievement on Sgt. Pepper's with 3 experts and a vocalist on hard I think.
    I did the same last night, this song with 4 expert players.

Really it isn't hard to do it is just a matter of waiting for the right time to do it. Keep playing quickplay, wait until you get 3 other expert players to play with, then you are basically guaranteed a million point song. You could basically play any song and if you all play well you'll probably get it. If you really don't want to take any chances just play I Want You (She's So Heavy) or some other long or point heavy song.
  • Mr_BellcaptainMr_Bellcaptain Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    me and 3 friends got it on I Am The Walrus on all expert. then we did it again on Come Together and a couple other songs as well. It matters a lot on beatlemania activation and all
  • Lawl01Lawl01 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    This achievement is easy to get, you just need to play with people who *actually* know how to play (x8 multiplier, keep a streak, etc.). However it seems like everyone is having trouble getting Better Free Your Mind Instead.
  • BeatlesFan88BeatlesFan88 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    I just got that trophy today. We played I am the Walrus with a medium gutiar, expert bass, expert drummer, and hard vocals
  • Wicked Pi$$ahWicked Pi$$ah Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    monkeyfish;3065583 said:

I'm just going to guess the sheer length of I want You (She's so Heavy) with a guitar/bass and maybe drums would be an easy million. I made 200k on guitar alone, no telling how much the whole band could add to that.
    That's the song that we did it on and it was easy to achieve with a full band.
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I did I want you (shes so heavy) on expert drums today, and I got 300,000 so yeah, thats probably the song to do it on.
  • deadpool247deadpool247 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    1. Full band.
    2. Everyone on Expert mode.
    3. Pick "I Am The Walrus," or "Sgt. Pepper"
    4. You're welcome ^__^
  • edited September 2009
    Or wait October, 20 . Abbey Road DLC. Harmonix said that the B-side huge medley will be playable as a single song. Wow. Millions! Trillions!
  • Tomstar42Tomstar42 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Finally did it two days ago. I went on vocals, and got an all expert band that knew when to use overdrive. Ended up with almost 1.3 mil.
  • pal0fexpal0fex Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    This was a very easy achievement. Expert Guitar/Bass/Drums, use overdrive properly, play I Want You (She's So Heavy) and you have 1,000,000 easy.