Flight of the Conchords coming to Rock Band

dsierra87dsierra87 Unsigned
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
the y just anounce it themselves in the Emmy's red carpet that three songs are coming to rock band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui2o0OBL5Pw (Proof)

Comments

• KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Disturbed talked about other tracks from Indestructible being in the game over a year ago.

Modest Mouse talked about Dashboard being in Guitar Hero 3 before it came out.

Nickelback said they would never be in a music game but they have DLC in GH:WT.

I never trust what bands say. Although they are on Subpop records and that label said they wanted to bring their entire catalogue to RB through the RBN, so they are definitely coming.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited September 2009
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited September 2009
    SubPop said they WANTED to bring everybody. But if it doesn't prove to be profitable they're not going to continue doing it beyond a certain point.
  • harveyglobetrotharveyglobetrot Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Hopefully this turns out to be true. I would love for one of the songs to be Bowie.

"Do you use your pointy nipples as telescopic antennae transmitting data back to Earth?"
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited September 2009
    T-Hybrid;3066693 said:
    Wasn't there a page that had listings for bands coming to Rock Band? The one that people use for citing why Flyleaf is supposedly coming?

That was what I was thinking of.
    Yeah but that link where they were listed also featured Supersonic by Oasis and Ill Stick Around by The Foo Fighters which only just recently did we finally get our hands on them ourselves so i believe Flyleaf will come becasue of this.

Even the long shot artist boasts have come true as i remember reading Ray Parker Jnr being quoted as saying he had been in talks and i thought at the time "yeah right, never happen" only for it to be announced official for Lego Rock Band so yeah, its just a matter of time. We cant take all these "leaks" as fact of course but the band members themselves as always pretty sound sources of info on songs being licensed.
  • dsierra87dsierra87 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    the thing is they asked them which 3 songs but jermaine said "i don't know"but they're coming!
  • edited September 2009
    I would be thrilled if this happened, but some kind of proof of them stating this at the Emmys other than hearsay would be nice.

And even then, it might be an RBN thing and/or something down the road, so don't get to excited yet until, you guessed it, HMX officially announces it.
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Oh yeah! That's awesome. It well and truly is business time.
  • ManbreastsManbreasts Rising Star
    edited September 2009
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
  • INSERTTOKENSINSERTTOKENS Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Count me in.....me and my sugar lumps.
    :eek:
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited September 2009
    Is there any kind of proof of this, not that I don't believe you
  • onidragononidragon Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Hecks to the yes. I love dis here band very much so! I actually made a fan-video for Foux Du Fafa for something in my French class.

Sad, I know.
  • The ManimalThe Manimal Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    If it does come out, it will when the rock band network is up and running because the flight of the concords are on Sub Pop's label. In the mag. game informer, there was a brief interview with Sub Pop and they said they'd like to put their whole catalog up for download.
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Skode;3066686 said:
    Such as... they almost always come as far as i can tell, its just a matter of waiting patiently. Look how long it took for Anvil to come and even bands officially announced by HMX take a lifetime such as Janes Addiction and goodness knows when Snoop Dogg will appear.
    thenewno2 album announced from the band yet to happen and we all know xbox announcing the madden pack was just as credible . i wish i could dream bands knew when but i rather be surprised
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited September 2009
    Captain Zepp 07;3066812 said:
    thenewno2 album announced from the band yet to happen and we all know xbox announcing the madden pack was just as credible . i wish i could dream bands knew when but i rather be surprised
    Yeah, they would never be informed of when as thats all down to the discretion of HMX and their bosses but at least through them we can know if they are coming or not. I remember this very lack of not knowing for sure when their own music will appear in the game caused so much confusion over when we were to get Chinese Democracy as Axl was hardly keeping schtum that HMX had licensed the whole album.

Mind you speaking of thenewno2 album if anyone from the band side of it knows the dlc release of their work then it would be Dhani Harrison, they owe him that much info given he was the key instigator in getting everyone onside for what would become The Beatles Rock Band.
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited September 2009
    As much as I dislike FotC, I am happy for those of you who are hardcore fans!

I would like a source on this though...
  • Libertad87Libertad87 Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I hope we get Bowie in Space
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Oh that is so awesome! I didn't see them announce it, but I'm glad to hear it. I will definitely be looking forward to some Flight of the Conchords DLC.

I can only hope for:

Bowie
    Business Time
    Robots
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited September 2009
    Kariodude;3066700 said:
    Disturbed talked about other tracks from Indestructible being in the game over a year ago.

No they didn't.

Modest Mouse talked about Dashboard being in Guitar Hero 3 before it came out.

I've never heard anything about that.

No, they said they despised music games and thought Rock Band/Guitar Hero is destroying music.

• kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited September 2009
    via RBN I would imagine, remember Sub Pop is coming our way!

if this has been said, my bad :o
  • Mister_DerpMister_Derp Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Oh god please let us get Business Time.
  • PonchoPoncho Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Alright so in a minimum of six months from now, we might see Flight of the Conchords.
  • SychosymaticSychosymatic Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Receiving transmission from Bowie's nipple antennae...

3 songs coming by the end of 2009. Every FotC song by early 2010.

I have waited for their stuff way too long...
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    we all know xbox announcing the madden pack was just as credible
    They never announced a Madden pack or that all of the songs from Madden 2009 were coming to Rock Band. The actual announcement just said "songs from Madden 2009." It didn't say all or some, it just said songs from the game are coming. We got a few and we actually already had a few from the game before the announcement. Since they didn't specify, people blew it out of the water.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited September 2009
    thenewno2 may well still be coming(through regular dlc or ,more likely as I see it, through rbn).

And the madden soundtrack was NEVER said to be coming. It was siad that songs from the soundtrack would be coming, which they did. They NEVER said all the songs.

Edit:
    Ninja'ed by ten minutes because the forums are acting wonky for me. =/
  • army_of_mearmy_of_me Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    *crosses fingers for "Frodo, Don't Wear The Ring"*
  • PoundedLemonPoundedLemon Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Kariodude said:

voodoo618;3067104 said:

No, they said they despised music games and thought Rock Band/Guitar Hero is destroying music.
    Neither Nickelback nor Chad Kroeger said either of those things. I don't feel like typing it all out again so I'll link it. It has actual quotes and everything.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2009
    T-Hybrid;3066693 said:
    Wasn't there a page that had listings for bands coming to Rock Band? The one that people use for citing why Flyleaf is supposedly coming?

That was what I was thinking of.
    No that leak was from the one that mentioned Inside Out by Eve Six - and that was leaked in March 2008

Why Harmonix holds onto some songs for so long, I'll never know
    Der_Lex;3066744 said:
    hearsay
    I think you mean heresay
    Kariodude;3067372 said:
    They never announced a Madden pack or that all of the songs from Madden 2009 were coming to Rock Band. The actual announcement just said "songs from Madden 2009." It didn't say all or some, it just said songs from the game are coming. We got a few and we actually already had a few from the game before the announcement. Since they didn't specify, people blew it out of the water.
    OXM announced Metal 01
  • lucaspaul22lucaspaul22 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Mister_Derp;3067162 said:
    Oh god please let us get Business Time.
    This. Seriously though, I entered a song request on here for Bussiness Time like two months ago. I never actually thought FotC would get on Rock Band.