Charting Questions

Jair CrawfordJair Crawford Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I've been charting (just for fun) for about a year now on Feedback dB. I was wondering if anyone could give any little tips, like:

When to use 3 note chords vs 2 notes?

Is the chart based on note patterns or the actual fretting of the guitar part?

Also, someone told me that instead of Feedback, I should use Reaper. I have Reaper, but I use it for audio editing and have absolutely no clue how to go about any charting with it. lol

So if anyone knows any solutions or has any more tips, let me know.

:D

Comments

• AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    3 note chord should be used when the chords are in epic or long spots. Use 2 note in quick lots of chord changing spots.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    Jair Crawford;3069660 said:
    Is the chart based on note patterns or the actual fretting of the guitar part?

Also, someone told me that instead of Feedback, I should use Reaper. I have Reaper, but I use it for audio editing and have absolutely no clue how to go about any charting with it. lol
    Harmonix will be releasing documentation that will answer all of your questions. Patience, grasshoppa. :)
  • Jair CrawfordJair Crawford Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Ah, cool! I did not know this... :D
  • KorKor Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I would use three note chords in full voiced chords, and two note chords in those fifth intervals (or power chords)

Occasionally, full voice chords would work with two notes, in relation to chords that have more "character" than like a regular say, G Major as compared to a C#m7sus2.