Will Double Bass be Charted?

Siege21392Siege21392 Rising Star
edited September 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Since HMX isnt really charting the songs, do you think that some places that chart will chart double bass to make the drumming more accurate? i mean we can buy double bass pedals from the store now so it seems pretty acceptable

Comments

  • SephiminkSephimink Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    No double bass is charted. As far as I recall, the way the songs are constructed doesn't allow for a bass too fast for a prolonged period.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2009
    Siege21392;3069975 said:
    Since HMX isnt really charting the songs, do you think that some places that chart will chart double bass to make the drumming more accurate? i mean we can buy double bass pedals from the store now so it seems pretty acceptable
    No, the standards of authoring songs for RBN are the same standards that Harmonix uses when doing it themselves.

    Nothing with double bass charted will pass the peer review process.
  • HauntingYourKidsHauntingYourKids Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    If you wanna chart the song to have double bass pedals, than no one's gonna stop you. Just be aware that not everyone has a double pedal set up, so charting the double bass will likely lead to low product sales and forcing people to buy a product they don't really want to buy. Just a heads up.
  • SephiminkSephimink Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    HauntingYourKids;3070308 said:
    If you wanna chart the song to have double bass pedals, than no one's gonna stop you. Just be aware that not everyone has a double pedal set up, so charting the double bass will likely lead to low product sales and forcing people to buy a product they don't really want to buy. Just a heads up.
    Like I said, I'm pretty sure it was someone from Rhythm Authors debunking an overcharting claim who stated that double bass sections aren't even capable of getting through the chart creation process. Even if they did, like David stated, they wouldn't survive peer review.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited September 2009
    HauntingYourKids;3070308 said:
    If you wanna chart the song to have double bass pedals, than no one's gonna stop you.
    You must have missed the post directly above yours. :)
  • DanB91DanB91 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    The thing is HMX has charted double bass before (most little sections of it though. The mayhem pack stands out). I highly doubt it wouldn't pass peer review (i read DS's post), but just to be safe, I wouldn't do it
  • MarsPhoenixMarsPhoenix Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    I'd say don't take Mayhem (or Metallica, to a lesser extent) as standards. Use songs around the song you're charting difficulty-wise to figure out what's reasonable. Also look at player criticism on certain songs to see if they agree with double-bass charting. Some people think Good Mourning/Black Friday is acceptable while others disagree altogether.
  • DeadManDrummingDeadManDrumming Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    Sephimink;3070334 said:
    Like I said, I'm pretty sure it was someone from Rhythm Authors debunking an overcharting claim who stated that double bass sections aren't even capable of getting through the chart creation process. Even if they did, like David stated, they wouldn't survive peer review.
    Yeah, it was actually posted with Pics of *true* double base chart vs RB base charting. He stated it would not compile with double base.

    After seeing those pics as well I doubt the game could even handle those hits. They were just WAY too close together for something like a hit box to really get, and definitely actually made it hard to even look at the screen.

    I used to support Double Base chart in all songs, but after I saw what RA posted I agree with HMX. It is more of a gameplay thing than a "True" to the chart thing.
  • DanB91DanB91 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    DeadManDrumming;3083311 said:
    Yeah, it was actually posted with Pics of *true* double base chart vs RB base charting. He stated it would not compile with double base.

    After seeing those pics as well I doubt the game could even handle those hits. They were just WAY too close together for something like a hit box to really get, and definitely actually made it hard to even look at the screen.

    I used to support Double Base chart in all songs, but after I saw what RA posted I agree with HMX. It is more of a gameplay thing than a "True" to the chart thing.
    just curious. where are these pics?
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited September 2009
  • woodwindpizzawoodwindpizza Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    trg007;3083726 said:
    :eek::eek::eek: What is that? 4, 8 bass kicks per second? The note highway on the left is 98% orange! WOWZAH! :eek:
  • CaptainHowdySHCaptainHowdySH Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    It would be cool if they just came out with like Rock Band: Insane edition or something haha, db would be nice but is pretty difficult to put in an engine for a video game. GH's db isnt even accurate. So that just goes to show. But then again HMX has done a lot lot more that GH will ever be able to accomplish. So its a possiblility.
Sign In or Register to comment.